Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell 32" Curved 1440p 165hz Monitor - 10% off coupon - 10% RK - $400.09 - Free Shipping

Nov 29, 2020
102 posts
212 upvotes
London, Ontario

[Dell] Dell 32" Curved 1440p 165hz Monitor - 10% off coupon - 10% RK - $400.09 - Free Shipping

This monitor is currently OUT OF STOCK. I will update the ad when its back in stock :)
A solid flagship monitor by Dell is on sale. I think we can all agree the original price tag of $809.99 was already overpriced however, with that said they're having an instant discount of $310 off original price and the door buster sale is also stackable with a coupon code. Shipping is also free
Model: S3220DGF
Panel Type: VA Panel (LED-backlit LCD monitor)
Screen Size: 32"
Resolution:QHD 2560 x 1440
Refresh rate: DisplayPort: 165 Hz, HDMI: 144 Hz
Response time: 4ms
Brightness: 400 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
Price AFTER coupon/RK: $413.99
Link: https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/6y25

Coupon: 10%OFFMONITOR (flat $50 off)
Email sign up for additional 10% off your first purchase: Link
YMMV for the email sign up, i saw this in another thread and tried to get my code but it seems like they disabled it. Try your luck though
Rakuten - INCREASED 10% cash back (ends up being $49.90)
Optional: - Dell rewards up to $14 however YMMV with that. (This isn't included with the posts pricing)
- Any credit cards you may have that offer 1-2% cash back makes all the difference as well.
Other notable mentions:

Model: S2421HGF
Panel Type: TN Panel (LED-backlit LCD monitor)
Screen Size: 24"
Resolution:QHD 1920 x 1080
Refresh rate: DisplayPort: 144 Hz, HDMI: 144 Hz
Response time: 1ms
Brightness: 350 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Price AFTER Coupon/RK: $189
Link: https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/6tdf
Last edited by MmoFanatic on Dec 26th, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
110 replies
Apr 24, 2008
149 posts
139 upvotes
Thank you. btw does anyone have the link to the Dell website where you sign up for their mailing list to get the 10% coupon on electronics, PCs, etc.?
I've googled and searched the forum but can't find it. Really strange as I know that it is there. I've also looked at the dell.com/ca website and checked the footer and all around but can't find it.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Sep 30, 2019
145 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
How reliable is Dell's estimated shipping dates? I've heard some horror stories about some people having to wait months before receiving their monitors in the past
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
nucker wrote: How reliable is Dell's estimated shipping dates? I've heard some horror stories about some people having to wait months before receiving their monitors in the past
You notice its covid right. Supply chains aren't normal. Let's just be thankful they're doing the best they can
Sep 30, 2019
145 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
shylok wrote: You notice its covid right. Supply chains aren't normal. Let's just be thankful they're doing the best they can
of course, I'm not blaming them, but I'm just asking. Especially since their estimated shipping date seems to be pretty promising.
Oct 24, 2006
287 posts
787 upvotes
Regina
Wonder how this one compares to the 32” lg qhd at Costco for $289
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
nucker wrote: of course, I'm not blaming them, but I'm just asking. Especially since their estimated shipping date seems to be pretty promising.
Last two monitors in the last couple of months came on time. One earlier. I ordered a third.. And I bet it'll be late lol.
Nov 29, 2020
102 posts
212 upvotes
London, Ontario
Babak wrote: Thank you. btw does anyone have the link to the Dell website where you sign up for their mailing list to get the 10% coupon on electronics, PCs, etc.?
I've googled and searched the forum but can't find it. Really strange as I know that it is there. I've also looked at the dell.com/ca website and checked the footer and all around but can't find it.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
I haven't seen a dell newsletter popup for years. I double checked my two main emails to confirm and I haven't seen an email from them since 2016. If I ever find it, i'll update the OP with links :)
Merry Christmas!
nucker wrote: How reliable is Dell's estimated shipping dates? I've heard some horror stories about some people having to wait months before receiving their monitors in the past
Shipping is a little volatile due to covid, however, Dell seems to be pretty good for the most part. Estimated ship date is when it leaves the warehouse though....so it's safe to say you'll get your monitor around January 10-12th.
farago2r wrote: Wonder how this one compares to the 32” lg qhd at Costco for $289
The one at costco is actually only 1080p with 75hz max refresh rate. Although its still a decent deal, I don't think they are comparable whatsoever. Anything above 24" for 1080p is technically a waste, LTT did a cover on it how the pixel ratio on anything higher just doesn't look good and makes no sense.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 24th, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response removed
Dec 30, 2009
245 posts
210 upvotes
Markham
I was debating whether to get this one or the S2721DGF .. ended up getting the 27" one as the last curved screen made me dizzy . 2 things i dont like about this screen is that is curved and va . if it was flat 16:9 . and ips .. i would be all over this one
Sep 30, 2019
145 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
otakuz wrote: I was debating whether to get this one or the S2721DGF .. ended up getting the 27" one as the last curved screen made me dizzy . 2 things i dont like about this screen is that is curved and va . if it was flat 16:9 . and ips .. i would be all over this one
I'm also looking at both, but since I plan to use this to get work done I'm leaning towards sacrificing IPS for the extra screen real estate for work from home. I've owned a VA curved monitor before and didn't mind it at all so I think I should be fine. If you mainly game, watch content, or do any kind of video/photo editing, then the 27" IPS is the way to go though.
Dec 10, 2012
637 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry for a dumb question...
Would this be good for my kids PS5?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1336 posts
635 upvotes
Laval
farago2r wrote: Wonder how this one compares to the 32” lg qhd at Costco for $289
Do you have a link?
Sep 30, 2019
145 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
dinkeye wrote: Sorry for a dumb question...
PS5 doesn't support 1440p yet so I don't think you'd be getting full value out of this. I'd wait until Sony announces a planned update to support 1440p or wait for hdmi 2.1 monitors that will run at 4K/120HZ
Last edited by nucker on Dec 23rd, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 30, 2009
245 posts
210 upvotes
Markham
nucker wrote: I'm also looking at both, but since I plan to use this to get work done I'm leaning towards sacrificing IPS for the extra screen real estate for work from home. I've owned a VA curved monitor before and didn't mind it at all so I think I should be fine. If you mainly game, watch content, or do any kind of video/photo editing, then the 27" IPS is the way to go though.
I guess for productivity, the bigger screen is better ... i had the alienware 34 inch aw3420dw and it was massive then I returned it
Ive never tried 144hz so i hope its a good upgrade from my Dell Ultrasharp U2715H ... same specs as S2721DGF except the new one is higher refresh rate
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9253 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
Customer here who waited months for my mon to ship. Granted it was at the start of the pandemic. This is the ATL that I've seen for this monitor.

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions about it.
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Nov 29, 2020
102 posts
212 upvotes
London, Ontario
dinkeye wrote: Sorry for a dumb question...
Yeah, as someone else said you're better off waiting until (if they even) release a firmware update to support 1440p monitors.
Gary320 wrote: Do you have a link?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about this one which isn't QHD and only 75hz.

otakuz wrote: I guess for productivity, the bigger screen is better ... i had the alienware 34 inch aw3420dw and it was massive then I returned it
Ive never tried 144hz so i hope its a good upgrade from my Dell Ultrasharp U2715H ... same specs as S2721DGF except the new one is higher refresh rate
Any jump from 60hz will seem massive. I'm on two 165hz monitors and don't think I could ever go back myself...you'll immediately notice it when you're moving the mouse.

On another note, i've updated the OP with another decent deal. I'll continue to find and add them as I go.
Aug 28, 2003
739 posts
127 upvotes
I'm not someone super 'in the know' on monitors, so I guess take this with a grain of salt, but I have two of these and love them (Both bought this summer for $499 each). If I had desk space I'd buy another one at this price. Anxiously waiting for the ps5 to support 1440p! Works with nvidia g-sync as well.
Last edited by Twitch1977 on Dec 23rd, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Hmm I think my suggestion may help. I understand a lot are comparing between 3220dgf and 2721dgf. I was in same boat for longest time before I ended up with 3220dgf.

First and foremost, IPS superior over VA is pure wrong, so don't believe in that. They are different technologies and have different strength and weakness.

Now to decide between the two, first you must decide 32 inch vs 27 inch. If 32 is too big, then that already should give you enough decisive direction to go with 2721dgf. Or like some have said, if curve is strange for your eyes then 2721dgf is the one to go with.

With that side, 3220dgf is not as curved as you may think. The curve is actually very minimal and not like the Samsung curve which is a bit awkward. I actually think the curve makes the 32 inch feel smaller.

So what is advantage over 32 inch? Well I used 27 inch ips for a long time, I find it has always been awkward to multi window. It's just not the perfect size for doing that. With the 32 inch, I feel so much more productive because when you multi window or split windows, the windows are perfect size and you won't find them small. Maybe this may be preference but that is what it is for me.

In terms of VA vs IPS. VA has very good contrast. Your blacks are true black unlike IPS which you see a lit up black or whitish black. The 3220dgf colours are very good. But the 2721dgf will excel in brighter colours because that is the advantage for the IPS technology.

The 2721dgf has fastest response time, hence another advantage for IPS over VA. If you really care about response time, or play shooters, or competitive gaming, then no doubt 2721dgf is better for you.

If you are a PS5 console gamer, only option in this case is 3220dgf its the only one that supports console properly. Until Ps5 allows 1440p, then the 2721dgf would work.

3220dgf is a free sync monitor, while gsync works its not fully certified. 2721dgf is gsync certified.

In terms of if you ever read some people saying 3220dgf flickers. Well only flicker I had was driver related. First get a dp 1.4 Vesa certified cable. A lot of people that were using cheap cables or the one that comes with the monitor is a 1.2 dp cable, and gave problems to many people. So using quality cable does make a difference here.

No matter how you look at it between two monitors, they both have their own strength and weakness, and there is definitely a price difference between the two.

At the end of the day, I think don't spend too much time comparing between the two. Because you cannot fully compare. It's a different size monitor, and different panel technology. One is curved and one is flat. Decide first the size, and then go from there.

I am very happy with the 3220dgf as I find the size perfect for my increased productivity and the value is just well worth what I paid for it.

My brother went with 2721dgf and he is happy. He thought 32 was too big so his mindset was settled on 27 inch.
Last edited by renegadeavenger on Dec 23rd, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nov 29, 2020
102 posts
212 upvotes
London, Ontario
Burnyg wrote: Anyone knows how this one compares to AOC CQ32G2S? I just ordered it today and i might be able to cancel order and get Dell one if it makes sens.

AOC one : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08C8L ... UTF8&psc=1
AOC is generally one of the best brands that offer the most bang for the buck. I'm not too sure how it performs though....based off spec sheets the AOC seems to be better by response time of 3ms difference. Another thing to note the AOC is not a genuine QHD monitor, it's resolution is only 2560x1080 compared to Dell's 2560 x 1440. I'd suggest to watch a couple of videos I've linked below to see what you might prefer in a monitor.

AOC Review
Dell review

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)