[Dell] Dell 32 Curved 4K UHD Monitor - S3221QS - 432$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 7:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6499 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
qfarhan wrote: Ordered it. Delivery date Nov 10th. Mainly for productivity (and some light gaming). Lets see how it goes. Seemed like a great deal for 4K.
Was your cc actually got charge or it was just pre-authorized? Thanks
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14177 posts
5375 upvotes
Ottawa
FrancisBacon wrote: So this thread got me researching 4k monitors.

Looking at the U3219Q, it looks like it has nearly identical specs to the one in this thread except for a different panel type and USB C. But it's triple the price.

Wondering what you're missing out on by getting this deal vs the U3219Q? Doesn't seem like anything? So why pay triple for the "better" model?
There's quite a big difference because of the panel type. The U3219Q has 400 nits brightness, 95% DCI-P3 coverage/99% Rec 709, and you get the normal advantages that comes with IPS panels (color uniformity over a wide viewing angle). IPS 4K monitors always cost more than VA 4K monitors

For the casual user, this monitor is fine, but if you have specialized use cases where you need the picture quality, the U3219Q is the better monitor.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 18, 2017
543 posts
344 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: Was your cc actually got charge or it was just pre-authorized? Thanks
They do a pre-auth until it ships.
Dec 30, 2018
12 posts
13 upvotes
So I have the S3220dgf dell curved VA panel. How does this compare?

I'm moving next summer and would like a gaming setup at that time. Is it worth throwing the cash down now for a monitor like this or wait for a better deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1322 posts
1017 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
I was just looking around for a similar monitor. I found this at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/13607695 The sale ends this Thursday.

They will deliver by September 25th! I think I am going to cancel my Dell order and go ahead with this.

Also, it looks like staples has the same monitor on sale.
Mar 23, 2004
41607 posts
7601 upvotes
Markham
ross wrote: From my research U3219Q is a great monitor for work, and I was planning on buying it as soon as the price drops a bit more. It's been on sale for $729.99 since at least August. Unfortunately it's been out of stock for the past 2 weeks with expected date in stock late Nov - early Dec. So I got S2721QS instead. It should be delivered next week.
thats the monitor i am planning to get as well, right now it's over 1k :lol:
FrancisBacon wrote: So this thread got me researching 4k monitors.

Looking at the U3219Q, it looks like it has nearly identical specs to the one in this thread except for a different panel type and USB C. But it's triple the price.

Wondering what you're missing out on by getting this deal vs the U3219Q? Doesn't seem like anything? So why pay triple for the "better" model?
IPS makes a big difference.
herrdude wrote: I was just looking around for a similar monitor. I found this at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/13607695 The sale ends this Thursday.

They will deliver by September 25th! I think I am going to cancel my Dell order and go ahead with this.

i would say base on my past monitor purchases, it's Dell > LG > Samsung.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14177 posts
5375 upvotes
Ottawa
herrdude wrote: I was just looking around for a similar monitor. I found this at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/13607695 The sale ends this Thursday.

The Dell is a better monitor if you can wait.
Brighter, high contrast rating and most importantly, you can adjust the height of the monitor up and down. The Dell supports VESA mounting so you can use it on a monitor arm (which is a game changer IMO....I can't live without a monitor arm, it is so nice). With my monitor I like to adjust it lower than the default height because my desk is a bit high so at least a height adjustable stand is a must have
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jan 14, 2008
104 posts
22 upvotes
Kelowna
Currently I have 2x 27" FHD monitors I plan on replacing with one. Would this monitor be ok or should I look to a 34" ultrawide? No gaming, just productivity for WFH.
Dec 11, 2014
32 posts
10 upvotes
Maple, ON
Needed the monitor faster so called Dell to change from 32 to 27 inch monitor. Rep advised that "your order is in final stage and ready to be shipped in next 6-7 days instead of Nov 03" so I kept the order.

Seems like I should be getting it by next week, instead of Nov 10th. Hopefully same for all of you who ordered the 32".

EDIT: Received a Dell email with shipping date of Sep 28th.

AgentRaj wrote: After comparing both the 27 & 32 inch options along with talking to couple of friends with curved monitors, I ordered the 32 inch with delivery date of Nov 10th. It will be used as a larger screen for MacBook & iPad with occasional ps4 gaming

The chat rep did say it may be possible to get it earlier with possibly increased production based on current demand. Let's see!
Last edited by AgentRaj on Sep 21st, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1830 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
MusicKing wrote: Currently I have 2x 27" FHD monitors I plan on replacing with one. Would this monitor be ok or should I look to a 34" ultrawide? No gaming, just productivity for WFH.
I have a WFH setup with 1 27"4K, + 2 FHD (laptop's screen and another 24 FHD) - It's a bit annoying having different sized monitors (different DPI rather than whole size, but its very hard to find same DPIs in different sized displays) - might want to keep it in mind.

It's gonna a huge improvement over 2x FHD monitors, but I personally prefer the 2x 27" 1440p setup I had at the office. If money wasn't a problem, I'd get a 49" DQHD like the Samsung Odyssey G9 or the LG 49WL95C-W (Just examples, not like recommendations in particular)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jun 15, 2004
17 posts
53 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks for the explanation. I don't play games, but do watch movies sometimes with my computer. so I guess dell is the better choice.
Nov 2, 2008
30 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks OP and everyone! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Just bought it yesterday and will think later... Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Here's some of the rare YT video about this monitor:

Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3132 posts
1176 upvotes
Ottawa
MusicKing wrote: Currently I have 2x 27" FHD monitors I plan on replacing with one. Would this monitor be ok or should I look to a 34" ultrawide? No gaming, just productivity for WFH.
Nope, not at all. I have 3x27in 1080p at office. Currently using only 2 of them due to video card dying.

Home office bought 38in Dell U3818dw.. Bought some bs that 3840x1600 is immense space blah blah.. It ain't. It's a big monitor for nothing. Doing split screen is too small.. You're way ahead w your two 27in..

The annoying thing is I bought this monitor to put beside my 38in..which is huge desk space.. And I probably need a 3rd. As I need research screen. Excel screen and reference document.
I wish they had 27in 4k ips curved. 3 of those would be fine. Instead I got this stupid mishmash. If this monitor doesn't work, not exactly sure what two I'll add. I really don't want 8ft of monitor.
Jan 14, 2008
104 posts
22 upvotes
Kelowna
shylok wrote: Nope, not at all. I have 3x27in 1080p at office. Currently using only 2 of them due to video card dying.

Home office bought 38in Dell U3818dw.. Bought some bs that 3840x1600 is immense space blah blah.. It ain't. It's a big monitor for nothing. Doing split screen is too small.. You're way ahead w your two 27in..

The annoying thing is I bought this monitor to put beside my 38in..which is huge desk space.. And I probably need a 3rd. As I need research screen. Excel screen and reference document.
I wish they had 27in 4k ips curved. 3 of those would be fine. Instead I got this stupid mishmash. If this monitor doesn't work, not exactly sure what two I'll add. I really don't want 8ft of monitor.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up keeping this order for the Wife to use as she doesn't have a problem doing split screen with windows snap on a 4k 32" (we "rented" one from bestbuy). I ordered a 34" ultrawide to replace my 27" screens as I can't stand how big everything is. I would be OK with 2x 24" 2k screens, but I like the idea of one monitor for less clutter.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18377 posts
2780 upvotes
Langley
"Temporarily out of stock"

Any way to backorder with Dell? Any point in phoning in?