Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell 32" S3220DGF Curved Gaming Monitor, HDR, 1440, 165hz, FreeSync Premium Pro - $549.99

[OP]
Apr 17, 2008
17 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Dell 32" S3220DGF Curved Gaming Monitor, HDR, 1440, 165hz, FreeSync Premium Pro - $549.99

VA panel!

Use Rakuten for 2% off @ Dell.ca

Not sure when this expires.
Last edited by gottalovedeals on Jul 31st, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
46 replies
Feb 6, 2013
860 posts
954 upvotes
Ontario
OP please put price in the title.
Enter unit savings. 32% or $32?
[OP]
Apr 17, 2008
17 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
RoseTech wrote: OP please put price in the title.
Enter unit savings. 32% or $32?
I'm sorry! Price and discount is now updated!
Jul 30, 2003
935 posts
249 upvotes
No usb-c charging or KVM right? Probably not a good office monitor?
Dec 15, 2019
34 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Doesn't look like this monitor is very well known, couldn't really find a good review on YouTube. I wonder how it compares to LG 27GL83A-B 27-Inch?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1378 posts
808 upvotes
SweetTato wrote: Doesn't look like this monitor is very well known, couldn't really find a good review on YouTube. I wonder how it compares to LG 27GL83A-B 27-Inch?
rting review seems to be pretty good; but not sure about 800+ for reg price. 500 shud be reg price
Aug 9, 2014
116 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SweetTato wrote: Doesn't look like this monitor is very well known, couldn't really find a good review on YouTube. I wonder how it compares to LG 27GL83A-B 27-Inch?
It's pretty well known and has solid ratings for an overall-use monitor (https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3220dgf).

I wouldn't compare it to the GL83, since the Dell is a VA panel and the LG is an IPS. The LG has a better response time, so it's more ideal for FPS gaming. Dell has better contrast and color quality, so could be better for Multimedia and overall use. Specs comparison: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/co ... /1592/1627

Also, this has been a deal for several months now: dell-32-165hz-curved-gaming-monitor-s32 ... n-2366459/
Jul 30, 2020
9 posts
9 upvotes
This monitor also had the extra 10% off during their sale a couple weeks back, bringing it to $550 with shipping and tax. Gotta say I almost pulled the trigger, came down to this or wait for the TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27 to go on sale. Ultimately 32" wont fit on my monitor stand and I want to stay at 27" for the jump to 1440p and the next gen gpu's coming out soon. This is a great value, large, curved monitor with great performance outside of serious FPS gaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1569 posts
1114 upvotes
I have this monitor.

Not the best experience buying with Dell. I ordered back in March and waited almost 2 months to get it. Still fighting with them to get the price match + credits they promised me (I have Service Request #s, recorded convos, etc.)

Monitor itself, it's pretty great. A huge step up from my 24"s (I also have a U2417H). PPI is on par with 24" @ 1080p, so visually you aren't getting a downgrade or anything.

No KVM, but I don't care for that stuff personally. A minor inconvenience at best.

If I had to do over, I'd consider this monitor again. It's not UW, which is great since I don't have room on my desk for a UW + 24" (I have 3 devices, 2 of which I use simultaneously quite frequently).
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1474 posts
427 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The monitor is Freesync 2, not premium
Jul 30, 2020
9 posts
9 upvotes
On Dell's site it's stated as "Adaptive-Sync Technology: AMD FreeSync Premium Pro" and rtings.com verified that it worked flawlessly with G-Sync.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1601 posts
492 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
what is this price match?

credit is pretty easy to get.
sports1 wrote: I have this monitor.

Not the best experience buying with Dell. I ordered back in March and waited almost 2 months to get it. Still fighting with them to get the price match + credits they promised me (I have Service Request #s, recorded convos, etc.)

Monitor itself, it's pretty great. A huge step up from my 24"s (I also have a U2417H). PPI is on par with 24" @ 1080p, so visually you aren't getting a downgrade or anything.

No KVM, but I don't care for that stuff personally. A minor inconvenience at best.

If I had to do over, I'd consider this monitor again. It's not UW, which is great since I don't have room on my desk for a UW + 24" (I have 3 devices, 2 of which I use simultaneously quite frequently).
Mar 17, 2014
512 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
got this deal back in april, 2020. had to wait for almost 2 months due to part shortage or whatever so got more discount, bought it for $470ish after discount. loving the monitor and 165hz!! solid
Jan 10, 2016
54 posts
14 upvotes
Fort McMurray, AB
I have this monitor, got it just 2 days ago with the 10% discount through dell on top of the 200 off. I'd definately recommend it, it's gorgeous, colors are vibrant, hdr is superb but freesync has been a PITA. I received a unit with no dead pixels and very good brightness with ok'ish backlight bleeding. It's a massive step up from my 1080p 60hz though. You'll find some very solid reviews online and you'll find that it's quite the beloved monitor.

Now I also find it amusing, there's this rampant 1ms response time comment that gets thrown around here alot and including reddit. Ive played fps all my life and I'd like to think I'm pretty decent, but the way everyone talks here it's like they're on stage playing at Dreamhack. I really don't think you'd notice that difference and if you did, you shouldn't be considering a 165hz,1440p, 32" monitor.

For the bad stuff: If you use an amd card, you're gonna get a subtle white flicker (https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-fr ... lickering/). For me I had to downgrade to the 20.4.2 update and that alleviated alot of my subtle flickers. The CRU trick also seems to have limited results. If you turn off freesynf though, you will not have any flickers what so ever. You will also find posts online claiming the text is fuzzy in desktop and surfing. This is true, to fix that though, you must change your desktop refresh rate to 145/165 hz.

Edit: I found that the CRU trick really works... And what seems to have been solved by my driver was in fact lowering my graphics quality to maintain a higher frame rate.