Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Dell 4K Monitor S2721QS $368.99, 39% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 12:44 am
Sr. Member
Dec 7, 2012
535 posts
69 upvotes
Is 4k worth the price bump? Dell has listings for S2721D(S) ~$300
Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2013
335 posts
303 upvotes
Hoth
I own this monitor and its a nice screen. It reminds me of my sony 900h 4k tv as it goes a bit darker in the corners but I do not notice any blurry edges. I use this in an extremely bright room and am happy with the brightness and contrast. It's a nice buy, the mount goes up and down left and right and spins to a vertical position as well. The edge to the screen has approx a half inch border on the edges and a bit thicker on the bottom edge. 2 hdmi and 1 dp for ports is nice, but what is also nice is that it has sound, and it doesn't sound half bad if you are in a pinch. I would rate this a solid 8/10
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
106 posts
63 upvotes
Pavillion wrote: Is 4k worth the price bump? Dell has listings for S2721D(S) ~$300
Really depends what your doing with the monitor. For non gaming i would say 4k is worth the extra yes, more of everything that matters for day to day computing and better for content consumption.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 30, 2007
955 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
beancounter6 wrote: If you call Dell and say you want to return it, in my experience they will offer you up a credit to keep it. Last monitor I bought was ~$600 and I think they credited me back like ~$75
Explain your experience with this, if you don't mind?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2220 posts
1723 upvotes
Canada
Pavillion wrote: Is 4k worth the price bump? Dell has listings for S2721D(S) ~$300
It’s not if it’s “generally” worth it because that doesn’t apply to your personal use case. It entirely depends what you are using it for. Post your uses and it’s easier to provide input.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10226 posts
5405 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: Neither of these have 165Hz lol?
Lol?

S2721DGF 165Hz
S2721QS 60Hz
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2220 posts
1723 upvotes
Canada
iSimple wrote: Lol?

S2721DGF 165Hz
S2721QS 60Hz
Ahhh yes! Sorry I clicked the wrong link, I was super confused
Sr. Member
Dec 7, 2012
535 posts
69 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: It’s not if it’s “generally” worth it because that doesn’t apply to your personal use case. It entirely depends what you are using it for. Post your uses and it’s easier to provide input.
Using it for secondary monitor. I already have 27" 1440p 144hz
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1898 posts
3544 upvotes
Vancouver
27" in 4k is CANCER.

Minimum is 30", if not bigger
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2007
1636 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
adeel wrote: yeah but overall which is better...is the hdr worth anything?
Both at under 400 nits. Both HDR are garbage. It only means that they accept HDR signals and that's about it.
Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus Tuf OC RTX 3090 | G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 | CM StormTrooper | 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB | ASRock X99 Extreme4
| Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2007
1636 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
anabioz wrote: Is it that bad? I suspect scaling would need to be at a minimum 150% .

After having used 27" 4k monitors for 5 years, I say it's fine. 32" would definitely be nicer but 27" isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I've been using 200 scaling.
Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus Tuf OC RTX 3090 | G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 | CM StormTrooper | 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB | ASRock X99 Extreme4
| Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1853 posts
611 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: No USB-C, no USBs (USB hub) and thus USBs, but it has speakers.
No USB is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather trade the crappy built in speakers for them.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1000 posts
806 upvotes
anabioz wrote: Is it that bad? I suspect scaling would need to be at a minimum 150% .
It's unusable for most people at its native resolution. If you're scaling everything up there's no real point in getting 4k anyways. You likely won't be able to tell the difference in PPI either unless you're specifically looking for it. 27" 1440p is the sweet spot for size to resolution for most, unless there's a specific reason you need 4k.
Sr. Member
May 28, 2011
781 posts
793 upvotes
danascully wrote: 27" in 4k is CANCER.

Minimum is 30", if not bigger
I was unsure of this before I bought two 4K Lenovo high color accuracy/professional monitors - but 27" turned out fine IMO, the scaling is fine and have no problem. 30" would have been too big imo if using dual screens at least.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2220 posts
1723 upvotes
Canada
Pavillion wrote: Using it for secondary monitor. I already have 27" 1440p 144hz
I certainly wouldn’t pay the 4K premium in that case :)
Member
Jul 25, 2019
492 posts
198 upvotes
yoyogu wrote: Explain your experience with this, if you don't mind?
You call Dell and say you want to return the item. The rep will ask why, you say you don’t like it, and they offer you a credit / ask if this will change your mind. Told me it would be posted back to my credit card. In my case I just wanted to return it because I didn’t need it, but I recall them offering me $75ish
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1270 posts
2413 upvotes
Friendly reminder that you will need a computer that can run things high enough resolution to make this worthwhile, otherwise QHD is already a big jump from 1080p @ 27 inches

With that said, this is a very good price
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2020
144 posts
53 upvotes
beancounter6 wrote: You call Dell and say you want to return the item. The rep will ask why, you say you don’t like it, and they offer you a credit / ask if this will change your mind. Told me it would be posted back to my credit card. In my case I just wanted to return it because I didn’t need it, but I recall them offering me $75ish
Thanks I will give it try....

Top