Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Dell 4K Monitor S2721QS $368.99, 39% off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 12:44 am
Jun 17, 2018
509 posts
974 upvotes
The Dell in OP has a height adjustable stand. To me, that's worth the price premium compared to the LG at The Source. Also, the Dell has higher brightness and contrast ratio.
Nov 24, 2010
159 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
shawnie53 wrote: How about this one at $339 with Costco's 4-YEAR warranty?
https://www.costco.ca/philips-278e1a-27 ... 10129.html
I had the same question, I was preparing to buy this one from Costco, surprised 4 years warranty.
this review is mainly comparing Philips with OP's Dell, from the review, Philips is better than DELL S2721QS in almost all aspects. plus Costco 4 years warranty. if comparing these two, I think Philips one is way to go.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ph ... tor-review
Mar 2, 2015
421 posts
997 upvotes
Montreal, QC
silja wrote: I had the same question, I was preparing to buy this one from Costco, surprised 4 years warranty.
this review is mainly comparing Philips with OP's Dell, from the review, Philips is better than DELL S2721QS in almost all aspects. plus Costco 4 years warranty. if comparing these two, I think Philips one is way to go.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ph ... tor-review
Been using the Philips one for 6 months, it’s awesome. I don’t miss the USB connectivity because I bought a usbc to dp which plus into my usbc and drives 4K at 60Hz. Speakers are sufficient for desktop purposes but don’t expect anything mind blowing. Enjoy!
Oct 12, 2020
242 posts
276 upvotes
yoyogu wrote: Explain your experience with this, if you don't mind?
I ordered this monitor a couple of months back for $420 with 10% coupon then I contacted them and said I wanted to cancel and they offered me a $30 discount to keep the order.
Aug 25, 2012
341 posts
574 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Bought this two weeks ago to use with Mac mini. Amazing screen watch out Mac mini m1 flickers display.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
xwingman72 wrote: I own this monitor and its a nice screen. It reminds me of my sony 900h 4k tv as it goes a bit darker in the corners but I do not notice any blurry edges. I use this in an extremely bright room and am happy with the brightness and contrast. It's a nice buy, the mount goes up and down left and right and spins to a vertical position as well. The edge to the screen has approx a half inch border on the edges and a bit thicker on the bottom edge. 2 hdmi and 1 dp for ports is nice, but what is also nice is that it has sound, and it doesn't sound half bad if you are in a pinch. I would rate this a solid 8/10
Basically what this guy said. I own the monitor and have been using it for 10+ hours daily and I have not seen or noticed ANY of the complaints people have mentioned. Never have seen a blurry edge nor ghosting/after images. The brightness is great even in a bright room as that's where I have it. I have windows right behind it so I get natural light daily and I have no complaints.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12158 posts
14649 upvotes
Toronto
frozatio wrote: Bought this two weeks ago to use with Mac mini. Amazing screen watch out Mac mini m1 flickers display.

Flickering or Blanking Video Issue with Dell S2721Q, S2721QS, and S3221QS Monitors when Connected to a M1 MacBook or Mini via USB-C to DP Adapter
Summary: Information about video issues on the Dell S2721Q, S2721QS, and S3221QS monitors when connected to Apple M1 devices.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-c ... dp-adapter
Destiny is all
Dec 13, 2019
900 posts
819 upvotes
Rtings.com gave this monitor very high marks overall, but the refresh rate is only at 60 Hz, so there will likely be motion blur for high motion content like first-person shooting games. FreeSync and G-sync compatibility could also reduce tearing, but motion blur is a possibility at only 60 Hz.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Nov 25, 2013
348 posts
316 upvotes
Hoth
It used to do this for me using the dp to my 1660 super, I thought my vid card was messed up.... It actually was because my dp cable was a crappy 4k one that I bought on amazon, I ordered a premium dp cable and havent had an issue since.
Nov 30, 2019
55 posts
18 upvotes
iSimple wrote: Depends if you gaming or not i suppose.

165Hz vs 60Hz
The 165Hz screen is REALLY nice.
I really want a second one for my work machine, but my laptop doesn't have DisplayPort, so FreeSync isn't going to kick in, and I'd be limited to 140Hz.

For non-gaming that 4K should be better.
Yes, it's not huge, but the amount of extra detail you can get at 150% scaling on a 4k makes it a really pretty 2560x1440p.

For gaming on a slower GPU you can easily fall back to 1080p with exact 2:1 scaling. I did that years ago on a GTX 1060.
The web was really pretty and you might enjoy little details - high dpi thumbnails on YouTube anyone?
Fonts are super sharp even though the effective size is 2560, there's more actual pixels to alias in the edges.
Oct 24, 2019
591 posts
895 upvotes
Edmonton
UWOD2020 wrote: Friendly reminder that you will need a computer that can run things high enough resolution to make this worthwhile, otherwise QHD is already a big jump from 1080p @ 27 inches

With that said, this is a very good price
I think a lot of people do not realize what they are getting into. They see 4K monitor and just think that it is better like a TV.

People really need to do more research.
Average Gamers should not be looking at this monitor. Get a 1080p high refresh monitor.
Highend Gamers should get a 1440p high refresh monitor.
Productivity people should be getting a 1440p 60-75hz IPS monitor.

The only good use case for a 27" 4K monitor should only be Photo and Video editors.
And do not get me started on 4K Laptops... talk about marketing.

I think a lot of people get 4K monitors/laptop, scale them and do not know they would be better off with another screen.
Apr 16, 2014
26 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
ive got the s2721ds, its the 1440p version of this monitor

its great

i bought and kept it because
- higher brightness than competitors
- inbuilt speakers
- high res
- 75hz with gsync support
- the stand really is great, so adjustable

these dell guys make some good monitors

i also bought an acer 1440p that i returned
acer had
- weak speakers
- dim screen
- really bad stand
- ugly psu

also yes for gaming
coming from 1080p, all my games now have to run at reduced details, but increased res makes up for it visually most of the time
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7191 posts
1518 upvotes
Toronto
For productivity resolution is the primary consideration, then it is monitor size. 4k allows you to tile 4 1080p screens at once and most UI target 1080p resolution, if the app window is not 1080p or higher then the ui reflows all weird. With 1440p you can not even tile 2 screens side by side without the ui reflowing.

As for screen size, I think 32-36 inches is the right size for 4k monitor being used for productivity work.

Windows has keyboard shortcuts to tile windows, it makes taking advantage of 4k resolution very easy.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1410 posts
607 upvotes
Canada
MahlerMusic wrote: I think a lot of people do not realize what they are getting into. They see 4K monitor and just think that it is better like a TV.

People really need to do more research.
Average Gamers should not be looking at this monitor. Get a 1080p high refresh monitor.
Highend Gamers should get a 1440p high refresh monitor.
Productivity people should be getting a 1440p 60-75hz IPS monitor.

The only good use case for a 27" 4K monitor should only be Photo and Video editors.
And do not get me started on 4K Laptops... talk about marketing.

I think a lot of people get 4K monitors/laptop, scale them and do not know they would be better off with another screen.
4K on 27" is too high density for photo editing, higher than one with 20/20 vision can see at normal viewing distance of about 2ft (Apple's Retina display defines 300ppi at 1ft). What appearing sharp at 100% pixel on this screen may actually be blurry, making this monitor useless for photo editing.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2057 posts
4191 upvotes
Vancouver
4k needs a MINIMUM 30" monitor, anything smaller, like this one.

Is absolutely CANCER.

There's a reason why these are on sale. No one wants them.
Feb 9, 2019
66 posts
118 upvotes
ON
10% CBR on Rakuten today for dell. Coupled with 10% off etc, the deal on this monitor just got sweeter

As for productivity, it seems to have a high enough PPI - 163 to look "retina" at normal viewing range (say 2 ft) so it should be really clear. PC users can tweak scaling if things are too small and it would still be great, mac users might want to run it scaled to 1440p as MAC OSX prefers a certain PPI at 2k/4k resolutions and this monitor is closer to the 2k PPI requirement.

I'm no expert but my current monitor is a high refresh rate dell 1440p @ 109 PPI used for gaming and works well enough for my productivity/gaming needs.. me thinks its time to nibble on something for productivity and this might be it.

Oh and the added stuff like ergonomics, vrr, free(G) sync, low input lag etc are all icing.
PS5 users might be able to get some pleasure from this but err.. sit close :)
Nothing in life is free.. mmh
[OP]
Feb 17, 2021
6 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered this Dell S2721QS on June 5 then got it yesterday, June 10, afternoon. Then, today morning, I found Rakuten 10% flash cashback ad. Really?! Ok, then I called Dell's official customer service line (PS, you can select the menu by your voice rather than pushing buttons, it's cool, right? ). After detailed communication, the lady who picked up my phone offered me $50 refund (I need to wait for max 8 business days to get money refund, but it doesn't matter). I thought it's good enough for me to in the current situation. So, finally, I got this Dell 4K monitor for $366 (tax included). How do you think, guys?