Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] DELL: Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor: AW2521HFL ~~ HOT

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 6:27 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 20, 2017
3 posts
29 upvotes

[Dell] DELL: Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor: AW2521HFL ~~ HOT

Great monitor currently on sale for $429.99. Use promo code 10%offmonitor for an additional $43 off bringing pre-tax total to $387.
Thread Summary
Reference:
60 Hz = 16.66ms/frame
75 Hz = 15 ms/frame
144 Hz = 6.94 ms/frame
165 Hz = 6.06 ms/frame
240 Hz = 4.16 ms/frame

Massive diminishing returns after ~144hz.
Also requires a lot more power to drive 240 fps.

No Black Frame Insertion / Motion Blur Reduction; despite most other high refresh rate monitors having it.
52 replies
Jr. Member
Jan 22, 2013
176 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
I would also like to know why people are downvoting this. I am in the market for a 240hz IPS and this is consistently at the top of rankings. It seems like a decent price for a great monitor.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
61 posts
49 upvotes
Janerator wrote: I would also like to know why people are downvoting this. I am in the market for a 240hz IPS and this is consistently at the top of rankings. It seems like a decent price for a great monitor.
Dunno about the reviews on this monitor specifically, but I find Alienware to be lower quality while being priced closer to better quality products.
This probably is a good deal. I just wouldn't be surprised if some people just see "Alienware" and downvote
Member
Oct 27, 2019
210 posts
66 upvotes
Ryanix wrote: Dunno about the reviews on this monitor specifically, but I find Alienware to be lower quality while being priced closer to better quality products.
This probably is a good deal. I just wouldn't be surprised if some people just see "Alienware" and downvote
You must be joking right? IMO Alienware has high quality versus many other brands..I owned many in recent times including LG27GL83A, Asus and Acer. Alienware is my favorite and is higher quality..
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
644 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
So why is it being downvoted? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2006
4495 posts
16855 upvotes
TORONTO
Also includes 3 year premium panel exchange (with all Alienware) so factor that in.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13541 posts
8501 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
because people are jelly they can't afford this monitor.
Vasilyke wrote: So why is it being downvoted? Thinking Face

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
644 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
Or people are downvoting to hoard and resell 🕵️‍♂️
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
1129 posts
295 upvotes
Alienware is way overpriced. Yes, premium brand, but you won’t get too many “likes” with Alienware, and quite frankly who cares ?

If its hot for you, buy it :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
1129 posts
295 upvotes
Vasilyke wrote: Or people are downvoting to hoard and resell 🕵️‍♂️
Yup, now it makes sense. Hoarding and reselling a ~$500 25” monitor.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
61 posts
49 upvotes
RCPC101 wrote: You must be joking right? IMO Alienware has high quality versus many other brands..I owned many in recent times including LG27GL83A, Asus and Acer. Alienware is my favorite and is higher quality..
Nope. That's just been my experience with Alienware. I also rarely see them make the top 5 for recommended lists, so I am definately not the only one.
Member
Oct 27, 2019
210 posts
66 upvotes
Ryanix wrote: Nope. That's just been my experience with Alienware. I also rarely see them make the top 5 for recommended lists, so I am definately not the only one.
Lists are typically sponsored IMO
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4580 posts
3126 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
anon_s wrote: Also includes 3 year premium panel exchange (with all Alienware) so factor that in.
Bought my Alienware and Dell monitors just for this. I rather have slightly worse panel if I can get a guaranteed panel with no dead/stuck pixels. Nothing ruins your experience by buying a LG, Asus or Acer monitor, finding a stuck pixel in the middle and getting your return declined because these companies thinks 4 stuck/dead pixels is not a defect.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.

Top