Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell alienware-aurora-r12 11700F+3080 $2609 + 10 % cash back

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2021 3:27 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 6, 2021
20 posts
19 upvotes

[Dell] Dell alienware-aurora-r12 11700F+3080 $2609 + 10 % cash back

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... 8af8c681cd

11700F + 3080 , 1000W PSU + CPU liquid cooling, 512 SSD+ 2T HDD, 16G RAM, Intel Wifi6

$2,899.99 - 10% email signup coupon = 2609$

10% rakuten 261$,

Final including Tax, 2949$ - 261$ = 2687$ ( pretty good for a 3080 prebuilt system, CPU is a bit weak but should be sufficient for most people)

Est to ship on July 21th, though dell shipment normally come in earlier than EST (can also try to call Dell for some credit and speedy shipment)
51 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
548 posts
1442 upvotes
Just to give a point of reference for those on the fence, you're looking at max 900$ worth of parts if you were to DIY and wanted same performance -- EXCLUDING the 3080. So the GPU is definitely cheaper than the dumb ebay prices (i'm not convinced anyone actually buys) but still double the launch MSRP.
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2007
192 posts
102 upvotes
quantman wrote: Just to give a point of reference for those on the fence, you're looking at max 900$ worth of parts if you were to DIY and wanted same performance -- EXCLUDING the 3080. So the GPU is definitely cheaper than the dumb ebay prices (i'm not convinced anyone actually buys) but still double the launch MSRP.
so that's $2100 pre-tax. $500 more than MRSP essentially
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
548 posts
1442 upvotes
efrivela wrote: so that's $2100 pre-tax. $500 more than MRSP essentially
RTX3080 is 699USD MSRP. With todays exchange rate (weak USD) that's 846$ CAD, so closer to 2.5 times the price.
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2007
192 posts
102 upvotes
quantman wrote: RTX3080 is 699USD MSRP. With todays exchange rate (weak USD) that's 846$ CAD, so closer to 2.5 times the price.
got it, my bad thought it was $1200. so $900 worth of parts + $900 3080 (per Nvidia's site) = $1800 PC (pre-tax) you're getting for $2700 (with taxes). maybe $700 more than retail youre paying for availability
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2007
192 posts
102 upvotes
IMO you can do a lot better. you can currently get:
Ryzen 5800 (liquid cooled)
GTX 3080
100w PSU

for $2700. let me know if you want me to send the deets. I don't even think this is HOT but it's reasonable
Newbie
Oct 17, 2018
17 posts
3 upvotes
efrivela wrote: IMO you can do a lot better. you can currently get:
Ryzen 5800 (liquid cooled)
GTX 3080
100w PSU

for $2700. let me know if you want me to send the deets. I don't even think this is HOT but it's reasonable
Do you have the link
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 29, 2003
6964 posts
2973 upvotes
GTA
quantman wrote: RTX3080 is 699USD MSRP. With todays exchange rate (weak USD) that's 846$ CAD, so closer to 2.5 times the price.
It doesn't work that way, you can't take a USD MSRP and fit it into the Canadian market. Don't recall a 3080 gone for $846 at any point of time. Most of the available 3080s out there (though it's by other makers), would be in the $1149-1299 range MSRP.

Given the July ship date, be aware that if nvidia replaces existing 3080 with GA102-202 GPU in May/June, you'll be getting a limited hash rate GPU if your intention is for mining. It'll be fine for gaming.
Newbie
Aug 24, 2016
24 posts
32 upvotes
Canada
Also the dell rewards (if you plan on a purchase later on of course) which is 3%
*Personally took 3 months for rakuten to payout the Feb 14% cashback but was worth it

I found buying it to be worthwhile because of combining it with a credit card deal (Amex 10%) because I would never otherwise reach the spend requirements before reaching 4 months
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 6, 2021
20 posts
19 upvotes
lets correct your calculation

3149 - 10% = 2835

rakuten 10% is pre tax = 283

total after tax is 2920$, if think 5800x is worth extra 310$, sure go for it

also there is extra 2T hdd in r12 version which worth a few extra bucks
efrivela wrote: let me know if this link works: https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktop ... 1165c87803

price is: $3100
after 10% = $2,744.99
after tax = $3100
after Rakuten = $2790
Newbie
Aug 29, 2017
58 posts
71 upvotes
Just FYI for people who are looking to get into mining with these computers. I have one of these and will tell you my experience.
These are the worst pre-builts possible for mining. The design of the computer is just brutal.
You can use it to mine if you put some work in, keep the chassis open at all times and add heat-sinks or thermal pads to the 3080 or else it will thermal-throttle while roasting itself and everything else in the case.
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2007
192 posts
102 upvotes
adamap wrote: lets correct your calculation

3149 - 10% = 2835

rakuten 10% is pre tax = 283

total after tax is 2920$, if think 5800x is worth extra 310$, sure go for it

also there is extra 2T hdd in r12 version which worth a few extra bucks
hey, my total would be $2,826.85 if Rakuten is pre-tax.

my order is $2,744.99 pre-tax (and post 10% discount). so $3,101.84 after taxes minus $274.99 (Rakuten)

so the decision is intel i7 for $2609 OR AMD 5800 for $2827
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 6, 2021
20 posts
19 upvotes
I am using r11 + 3090 for mining actually, it is not as bad

1. right, you will need to put some heatsink on the backplate of 3090/3080, which you will need to do that for most of other 3090/3080 anyway.
2. turn up both push/pull case fans to 50%, (it will be noisy, or you can replace with some better case fan which I dont bother)
and set power target of 3090/3080 to 80% and mem +500-1000,

I dont see any mem tjun overheating problem, stay around 92-94 and dont need to keep case open
xyzzjp wrote: Just FYI for people who are looking to get into mining with these computers. I have one of these and will tell you my experience.
These are the worst pre-builts possible for mining. The design of the computer is just brutal.
You can use it to mine if you put some work in, keep the chassis open at all times and add heat-sinks or thermal pads to the 3080 or else it will thermal-throttle while roasting itself and everything else in the case.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 6, 2021
20 posts
19 upvotes
I think you are calculating based on 5800 non-x version which start at 3049$? 5800x is 3149$,
Regardless, these configurations are similar, personally would go with the cheaper one.

efrivela wrote: hey, my total would be $2,826.85 if Rakuten is pre-tax.

my order is $2,744.99 pre-tax (and post 10% discount). so $3,101.84 after taxes minus $274.99 (Rakuten)

so the decision is intel i7 for $2609 OR AMD 5800 for $2827
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2007
192 posts
102 upvotes
adamap wrote: I think you are calculating based on 5800 non-x version which start at 3049$? 5800x is 3149$,
Regardless, these configurations are similar, personally would go with the cheaper one.
yup you're right. 5800 not 5800x. the configurations are essentially identical except CPU but I do think the Ryzen is worth the $200 difference

if you want to go even cheaper with the CPU, you can also get the i5 11400F for $2750 base price (and even $100 less for air cooled, and another $100 less for 8gb RAM):
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... wAod7BYHNQ
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3266 posts
5535 upvotes
I just bought the HP omen 30l w/ the 3080. Hoping the thermals on that card are a little better than this one. The case itself looks 100x better than this one though
Public Mobile customer

Top