Expired Hot Deals

Dell

DELL ALIENWARE M15 RYZEN EDITION GAMING LAPTOP$1899.99(3060)/$2199.99(3070)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 5:49 pm
Sep 27, 2003
853 posts
215 upvotes
Earth
who_ca wrote: Great to hear. Yes, it's often possible to get a Dell goodwill discount.

Contact Dell customer service to indicate you're not happy with the long build time (possibly ask to cancel). They'll often come back with a discount counter. It's usually possible to get another 3-6% discount.
I thought the goodwill discount sometimes would negate the Rakuten cashback? Would anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1141 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
416_guy wrote: I thought the goodwill discount sometimes would negate the Rakuten cashback? Would anyone confirm?
Good question. I don’t have the answer to that one. In my case, I’m waiting for Dell to see if I will get US Rakuten and the goodwill discount. If not, I’ll be cancelling.

But those that have Rakuten should be cautious about getting the goodwill discount. Would be good to hear from those that have experience.
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
Anyone has a spare Uniday code they can PM me? Greatly appreciated. :D
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2061 posts
85 upvotes
416_guy wrote: I thought the goodwill discount sometimes would negate the Rakuten cashback? Would anyone confirm?
I bought a monitor in February from Dell and received Rakuten, Unidays and a goodwill discount. I've never had problems with Rakuten and Dell though, so maybe I've just been lucky.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1105 posts
1884 upvotes
who_ca wrote: Update for those waiting on US Rakuten 15% cashback: I sent Dell Customer Service a request to cancel my laptop order (I don't really *need* the laptop as I'm gaming largely with my Xbox Series X, and I just ordered a Quest 2 and don't need the PC link just yet).

Dell offered me a $130 discount if I was willing to keep the order instead of canceling it.

I responded to Dell that I'd keep the laptop if I can get the $130 discount and that they can work with Rakuten to honour my 15% cashback (noting that Rakuten is following-up with them/Dell). The CSR has forwarded the details of my Rakuten cashback to "an internal team" to investigate.

So now I have Dell and US Rakuten working on this :-D. Would be a hot deal if I end up getting the 3060 (with 512GB ssd) with these discounts:

1) Dell sign-up 10% discount (-$195.00 already applied to my order)
2) -$130 Dell goodwill discount
3) 15% US Rakuten cashback (around -$263.00)

Of course, with all the scrutiny my order will have, there is a good chance the US Rakuten will be rejected. But this should get sorted in time for me to return the laptop if necessary.

Yes, it would have been easier just to cancel and re-order with the 10% Rakuten Canada cash back... but if there's a chance for a better deal: I had to give it a shot :-)
What did it come to with all those deals?
Sep 14, 2015
81 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys, the Alienware m15R5 laptop
how good a deal is this thinking about getting it with 10% uni and 10% ebates
Sep 11, 2012
147 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone have Unidays code that share with me? Please PM. thanks
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
It appears that the 10% off from the newsletter only works on Dell Business..... :(
Apr 10, 2013
980 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga
who_ca wrote: This doesn't answer your question, but did you consider the:
Legion Y740 17" with RTX 2080 ($1,669.99) or
Legion Y740 17" with RTX 2070 ($1,409.99)

See this thread: lenovo-canada-lenovo-y740-17-gaming-lap ... 9-2463475/

You might be able to take advantage of Rakuten 15% cashback on Lenovo today. This may work if you use the Rakuten browser add-on (Firefox/Chrome). It's a little trickier as the deal above is a Perkopolis one, but using the add-on might work (YMMV).

These are slightly older Intel CPUs, but still decent, 17" 144Hz 300 nit screens, Thunderbolt, bigger SSDs, and NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2080 (or 2070) with Max-Q 8GB.
Thanks for sharing, i saw that thread before but these are with 2 generation old cpu, i wouldn't pay that much for such old cpu. Also i prefer to get AMD.

I am not in hurry and will wait for newer version
Jul 3, 2017
308 posts
397 upvotes
Coquitlam
You!!! The sign up works... but your link gives the discount for "Business Dell" notice the "s=bsd" in the link.... I just gave it a shot and changed that to just "s=d" and it worked for me getting a Non-Business Dell 10% code.

https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup/?s=d&c=ca&l=en

*edit* dang.... Rakuten is back to 2%.... BOOOOOO!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1130 posts
222 upvotes
PACIFIC
amyellow wrote: You!!! The sign up works... but your link gives the discount for "Business Dell" notice the "s=bsd" in the link.... I just gave it a shot and changed that to just "s=d" and it worked for me getting a Non-Business Dell 10% code.

https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup/?s=d&c=ca&l=en

*edit* dang.... Rakuten is back to 2%.... BOOOOOO!
Good to know for future purchases, thanks.
May 4, 2021
29 posts
10 upvotes
Does anyone have idea about when will be the next time Rakuten has 10% cash back for dell ?
[OP]
Jun 9, 2016
293 posts
268 upvotes
Sophie12 wrote: Does anyone have idea about when will be the next time Rakuten has 10% cash back for dell ?
Canada day? On June 1st, dell will release X17. I was saying Victoria Day will have 10%. It's May 24th. But rakuten has event earlier on this week.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1141 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Ausmack wrote: What did it come to with all those deals?
Just to be clear, I don't have confirmation of the full deal yet. Dell & Rakuten are supposedly investigating my US cash back still.

My initial price was:
$1949.99 for the 3060 with upgraded SSD to 512GB
-$195.00 for the 10% sign-up discount
$228.15 for HST (in ON)
Total: $1983.14

Dell then offered the $130 goodwill discount. And I'm awaiting information on the 15% cashback from US Rakuten.

The 15% cashback is the big question mark.
Dec 24, 2017
398 posts
373 upvotes
who_ca wrote: Just to be clear, I don't have confirmation of the full deal yet. Dell & Rakuten are supposedly investigating my US cash back still.

My initial price was:
$1949.99 for the 3060 with upgraded SSD to 512GB
-$195.00 for the 10% sign-up discount
$228.15 for HST (in ON)
Total: $1983.14

Dell then offered the $130 goodwill discount. And I'm awaiting information on the 15% cashback from US Rakuten.

The 15% cashback is the big question mark.
The goodwill discount is going to void your rakuten cash back.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1141 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Alexdubzz wrote: The goodwill discount is going to void your rakuten cash back.
That's the big question. I haven't accepted the goodwill discount yet (Dell offered after I asked to cancel) and I'm awaiting Dell and Rakuten's assessment. I told them I'd keep the machine if I can get the $130 goodwill discount and they honour my 15% Rakuten cash back.

Sounds like there have been cases of successfully stacking both the goodwill and Rakuten (but also cases where the goodwill has voided cashback, so anyone trying to play with both: this is a big YMMV).

I just happen to have both Dell & Rakuten working on getting me answers. I'm also fine simply cancelling/returning the laptop so there is little to risk for me. If I get a great deal, I'll keep it. If not, I'll cancel/return.

To add to the complexity of my possible hot deal, I just got an email indicating I've earned $52.65 in Dell Rewards (pending for 30-35 days until my laptop order is actually invoiced).
Dec 24, 2017
398 posts
373 upvotes
who_ca wrote:
That's the big question. I haven't accepted the goodwill discount yet (Dell offered after I asked to cancel) and I'm awaiting Dell and Rakuten's assessment. I told them I'd keep the machine if I can get the $130 goodwill discount and they honour my 15% Rakuten cash back.

Sounds like there have been cases of successfully stacking both the goodwill and Rakuten (but also cases where the goodwill has voided cashback, so anyone trying to play with both: this is a big YMMV).

I just happen to have both Dell & Rakuten working on getting me answers. I'm also fine simply cancelling/returning the laptop so there is little to risk for me. If I get a great deal, I'll keep it. If not, I'll cancel/return.

To add to the complexity of my possible hot deal, I just got an email indicating I've earned $52.65 in Dell Rewards (pending for 30-35 days until my laptop order is actually invoiced).
Well best of luck, my rakuten deposit of $315 us was in my account the next day but says it won't be paid till August. Rakuten is kinda a joke nowadays with forcing people to constantly argue that they deserve it. They are basically trying to ripp people off, not that I have to personally complain about. Have you considered that even if they give you the cashback and the goodwill discount they could just reverse it after your 30 day dell return period expires? I mean technically we weren't supposed to get anything really as it was supposed to be for the US site.