Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Dell Alienware / Ryzen 7 5800 / 3080 ~$2480

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 12:57 am
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 14, 2010
934 posts
367 upvotes
The Great North
zaporozhets wrote: Did you get any performance improvements from the mod?
Saw the mod on youtube where you have to add thermal paste to cool the memory chips. Pretty simple mod, temps drop from 110 C to 85-90 C.
Member
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes
Simpleray wrote: Untitled.png



I know OP mentioned this promo "should" work just fine, but the terms and conditions (from Rakuten) specifically exclude order from Dell Canada.

If you order more than 3 systems within 30 days, your Cashback may be declined as well.

The last time I tried with Rakuten.com, this was not stated.
I think Rakuten is strictly lifting the limit this round.

Risk it or leave it.
so far I see a pending Rakuten.com cash back lists it as from Dell Consumer and the order matches the one I got when I got the "Dell Order Has Been Acknowledged" email, but its total is showing less than the final total or subtotal both before and after converting the total to/from USD.

unsure if it will clear Rakuten.com 🤞
that said I was also trying to dodge PST by shipping to a AB friends address, and do DFS financing so either of those might factor into it.
either way I will see and hopefully they re-approve my financing, I'd much rather pay over 11month interest free than splurge the same month my property tax and car insurance are about to renew.

anyway even with my shenanigans it looks promising so far.
Jr. Member
May 13, 2020
114 posts
110 upvotes
HiddenEmailer wrote: I know thats why you can apply a coupon to the $400 off model, over the weekend they had literally the same PC on the weekend sale but adding it to cart applied a now dead code DTDB618$400 for 400 off.

since now the savings is codeless $400 instant savings, the coupon code is slot is still available.

but looking above at prokidbob123's post

-400 (the instant savings) - 265 (the 10% off ) - 357.75 the employee discount = -1,022.75 total off

357.75 is the dell employee purchase plan and we see on the side it is shown as a use once code but unlike all other codes ive tried it stacks with a traditional 10% (presumably newletter if not unidays)

but I'm curious how prokidbob123's got that 2nd code on there and the origin of it.
is it because he's a dell employee? or perhaps did he chat/call in and is that how additional price adjustments show up when a rep talks to their pricing team for additional discounts to close a sale?

but im also curious if the employee purchase plan code is the same as a EPP/MPP code that a person would get from work
(because I might have more people I could ask for one, but also the more info we get on code usage the better it will be for this thread and future dell threads cause as I posted out before there's mis-information on codes (stackable vs not etc.)

which is why im hoping someone can share a unused employee purchase plan code via PM. :D ;) ;)
Probably is a Dell employee. Sent a DM and it was read but no reply. Also didn't reply to anyone in this thread on how he got it. Very helpful RFDer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
1212 posts
374 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: Rakuten.com offers 10% now, even better GOGOGO!
Where do you see that ?

2% for Dell
Jr. Member
Jan 8, 2009
148 posts
83 upvotes
Richmond
love to grab a employee discount code, if there is any. PM me if you have one. thanks in advance :)
Member
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes
Gogi wrote: Where do you see that ?

2% for Dell
Rakuten.ça is 2% currently
Rakuten.com is 10% currently
Newbie
Dec 27, 2017
15 posts
11 upvotes
Rakuten.com is now back to 2%.

TopCashBack is at 4% and they have Dell Canada as a listed store.
Newbie
Jul 11, 2009
50 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
bokchoyk wrote: Probably is a Dell employee. Sent a DM and it was read but no reply. Also didn't reply to anyone in this thread on how he got it. Very helpful RFDer.
That's cause I'm not obligated to help you so quit being a spoiled entitled little brat. I've responded to many others who DM me asking for it and you're 1 out of how many? Go find it online cause that's how I did it.
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
723 posts
1900 upvotes
As usual, here is the same/slightly better performance configuration with off the shelf parts. Ends up being $1500 for the RTX 3080. (Still way too much in my opinion.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($498.50 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard ($118.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($75.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.72 @ iSanek)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($110.99 @ PC-Canada)

Total: $1018.67

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-24 15:32 EDT-0400
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1397 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto, ON
quantman wrote: As usual, here is the same/slightly better performance configuration with off the shelf parts. Ends up being $1500 for the RTX 3080. (Still way too much in my opinion.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($498.50 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard ($118.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($75.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.72 @ iSanek)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($110.99 @ PC-Canada)

Total: $1018.67

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-24 15:32 EDT-0400
Thanks for this. If only we could find a 3080 in stock...
Member
Feb 22, 2017
375 posts
254 upvotes
HiddenEmailer wrote: Rakuten.ça is 2% currently
Rakuten.com is 10% currently
glad I snuck I when I did it was listed 10% still when I ordered now its 2% matching .ca

but just incase it happens in the future it does work.
I got a confirmation email on Rakuten.com, weird thing is is the amount is less than 10% of the subtotal or total, (closer to like 8%ish even after currency converting) but with the coupons and accessories and the fact I chose financing not to mention there could be losses in weird currency conversion I dont how they calculated the cash back I received vs my total on the matching order#.

but its more than 2% and its shown up on my Rakuten.com not my .ca is so it did/does work despite that listed exclusion, so happy accident.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2019
43 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just a heads up, Dell returns seem to be going by Invoice Date and not actual Received Date now... If you're more than 30 days after you ordered, even if the shipping eats up half of the return period, Dell Customer Support might give you a very hard time.
Jr. Member
May 13, 2020
114 posts
110 upvotes
prokidbob123 wrote: That's cause I'm not obligated to help you so quit being a spoiled entitled little brat. I've responded to many others who DM me asking for it and you're 1 out of how many? Go find it online cause that's how I did it.
I did lots of research and the best I was able to get was a 15% MPP code which cannot be paired with another 10% welcome code, which also only applies to select products and not everything. I know you're not obligated, but I like how you respond here when called out but not in a DM. I quoted your comment first and even was first to ask in this entire thread for anyone to assist.

Also, a spoiled entitled brat wouldn't be asking for discounts. Thanks anyway pro kid bob 123.
Newbie
Jul 11, 2009
50 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
bokchoyk wrote: I did lots of research and the best I was able to get was a 15% MPP code which cannot be paired with another 10% welcome code, which also only applies to select products and not everything. I know you're not obligated, but I like how you respond here when called out but not in a DM. I quoted your comment first and even was first to ask in this entire thread for anyone to assist.

Also, a spoiled entitled brat wouldn't be asking for discounts. Thanks anyway pro kid bob 123.
I used unidays + a code I found. As for how it worked, I don't know. I was told from Dell it wasn't supposed to work together but it did so there's that.

Also, sorry if leaving you on read had offended you... I just hate seeing the red notification so I simply clicked into it.
Jr. Member
May 13, 2020
114 posts
110 upvotes
prokidbob123 wrote: I used unidays + a code I found. As for how it worked, I don't know. I was told from Dell it wasn't supposed to work together but it did so there's that.

Also, sorry if leaving you on read had offended you... I just hate seeing the red notification so I simply clicked into it.
No harm done, if anything I'm at fault here Just trying to get a deal before it goes out so i'm in a hurry. Can you please specify how you found the EPP code if you do not mind? I'm still searching and have browsed many threads on RFD, Reddit, etc. Unable to find anything concrete.
Newbie
Dec 1, 2019
22 posts
17 upvotes
The deal is over. I waited too long to decide and now its gone. Any chance this deal coming on Canada Day?
Newbie
Jul 11, 2009
50 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
bokchoyk wrote: No harm done, if anything I'm at fault here Just trying to get a deal before it goes out so i'm in a hurry. Can you please specify how you found the EPP code if you do not mind? I'm still searching and have browsed many threads on RFD, Reddit, etc. Unable to find anything concrete.
I got it through a co worker who might have gotten it from someone else. I don't usually purchase Dell stuff so was unaware it was a Dell EPP coupon. My post initially was to thank the OP for the deal and that Rakuten US works but didn't expect it to be all about the EPP code here.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3372 posts
3930 upvotes
RFDaddicted123 wrote: The deal is over. I waited too long to decide and now its gone. Any chance this deal coming on Canada Day?
Deal is over, but they have a 'glitched/incorrectly priced' pricing, they will probably fix it once they discover the error.
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800
RTX 3080
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply
$2,349.99

Apply 10% code: $2114.99 before tax.

The reason why the pricing is wrong is because that Lunar casing with 1000W should not be the standard configuration except for doorbuster specials. Usually it is $300 alone upgrade from air cooling to this. The machine should spec out to 2.7-2.8k or so as with the original deal posted by OP, but currently this is sitting at 2349.99.



https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktop ... adec24fa14
Jr. Member
May 13, 2020
114 posts
110 upvotes
prokidbob123 wrote: I got it through a co worker who might have gotten it from someone else. I don't usually purchase Dell stuff so was unaware it was a Dell EPP coupon. My post initially was to thank the OP for the deal and that Rakuten US works but didn't expect it to be all about the EPP code here.
Thanks! Guess I gotta find a new friend who works at dell lol

Top