Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell AW3423DW QD-OLED Ultrawide Monitor Released - 10% OFF WORKS | $1,479.86 + taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2022 7:46 pm
Feb 7, 2010
150 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
would burn in be a problem since monitors may stay on static images much longer and more often than TVs?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
darknebulae wrote: I would just wait for the 38” one to come out with OLED and go on sale. With Dell support and sale prices the 38” is a great deal if it even happens lol.
I'm actually quite indifferent about the 38 model. Productivity wise my 34 is more than enough for me. And gaming wise do many games out there even support that resolution? UW gaming support is already kinda shoddy as it is, I can't imagine many games supporting that weird resolution.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
reyoasian wrote: would burn in be a problem since monitors may stay on static images much longer and more often than TVs?
Yes, obviously logos burn in all the time, so of course other static images would, also
Nov 28, 2016
904 posts
1177 upvotes
So I ended up buying both the LG 38 and this Dell 34 today.

LG here: https://www.amazon.ca/LG-38WN95C-W-Inch ... B0892MHG9H

I am mostly using for productivity, so will pick whichever one fits my work setup, and return the other.

I am leading towards LG for the higher resolution and better inputs, but I would prefer the dell for the QD-OLED though not sure it matters for productivity. I already have an OLED tv for gaming so not really going to game on this monitor.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
devmaster8 wrote: So I ended up buying both the LG 38 and this Dell 34 today.

I am mostly using for productivity, so will pick whichever one fits my work setup, and return the other.

I am leading towards LG for the higher resolution and better inputs, but I would prefer the dell for the QD-OLED though not sure it matters for productivity. I already have an OLED tv for gaming so not really going to game on this monitor.
Why not the AW 38? Their CS and warranty is superior to LG's.
Nov 28, 2016
904 posts
1177 upvotes
kazkira wrote: Why not the AW 38? Their CS and warranty is superior to LG's.
I had it on my list but discounted it for some reason that I can't recall. It was on sale for $1500 a few weeks ago and I was tempted to pull the trigger but I didn't.

I think it might have had issues with macbooks.
Last edited by devmaster8 on Mar 9th, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 21, 2015
538 posts
378 upvotes
North York, ON
BabyYoda wrote: There’s 10% cash back from Rakuten today! Makes this a better deal!
That's not Dell. Thats HP.

Got me excited for a sec, lol

But even It is, the 10% off coupon no longer works on this model anymore.
Dec 29, 2013
109 posts
37 upvotes
jcamldn wrote: does the email signup 10% coupon work? been drooling over this one since it was first announced!
Worked for me!

I was waiting for a good monitor to succeed my Dell S2716DG!!

Tx OP!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
esto007 wrote: Worked for me!

I was waiting for a good monitor to succeed my Dell S2716DG!!

Tx OP!
Nice, I'm glad to hear that the email coupon still works! I really want to order this but it's still way more money than I've ever spent on a monitor. I have the 20% Amex offer and I think if Rakuten goes back to 10%, I might just pull the trigger.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Dec 11, 2013
817 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
I went to bed 10 min before this released after sitting on it for weeks... I guess PG35VQ it is.

Good work to whoever got one.
Jul 21, 2015
538 posts
378 upvotes
North York, ON
devmaster8 wrote: So I ended up buying both the LG 38 and this Dell 34 today.

I think for picture quality the resolution is not the absolutely reference. It depends on the size of the Monitor.

Which ends up with what is the PPI - pixel per inch

38 3840×1600 essentially is the same PPI
As
34 3440×1440

Around 110 PPI
Jan 3, 2021
21 posts
45 upvotes
sghgigi wrote: Wow you are insanely fast, lol

Wish we have the US premier discount where ppl got theirs at 980 USD - it would be hell of a deal.
I had a US premier discount order with intent to reship to me. Cancelled it once I got the Canadian order in as I also have the Amex 20% credit and prices were identical after reshipping/currency conversions.

Jokes on me though - Canadian order got held up due to a verification hold, new shipping estimate is after my Amex promo ends… :facepalm:
Jul 21, 2015
538 posts
378 upvotes
North York, ON
FlyingAves wrote: I had a US premier discount order with intent to reship to me. Cancelled it once I got the Canadian order in as I also have the Amex 20% credit and prices were identical after reshipping/currency conversions.

Jokes on me though - Canadian order got held up due to a verification hold, new shipping estimate is after my Amex promo ends… :facepalm:
Call them to escalate it says you need i sooner for work see if they an do any thing.

If they can. It would be lucky
Jul 21, 2015
538 posts
378 upvotes
North York, ON
JFlash20 wrote: I went to bed 10 min before this released after sitting on it for weeks... I guess PG35VQ it is.

Good work to whoever got one.
Back in stock but 10% doesn't work.
Dec 11, 2013
817 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
sghgigi wrote: Back in stock but 10% doesn't work.
Ya, May 5th though. I think I'm going to wait to buy anything until the fall now.
Mar 25, 2010
225 posts
421 upvotes
Montreal
Damn a few hours late for me I guess.

Is there anyway to get this under the displayed price atm? 10%OFFMONITOR doesn't work anymore. We have Rakuten for 2%, that's about it... someone mentionned a 10% from the newsletter, any confirmation that works? I'm waiting a the coupon myself.
Nov 13, 2014
208 posts
155 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Ugh, no adaptive brightness. Why is this not standard on monitors in 2022? That's my only gripe with my AW3418DW.
Dec 11, 2013
817 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
Sebi97 wrote: Ugh, no adaptive brightness. Why is this not standard on monitors in 2022? That's my only gripe with my AW3418DW.
That wouldn't be great for colour sensitive work.
May 23, 2009
897 posts
605 upvotes
Vancouver
lefroset wrote: Well I guess if you prefer having 1/3 the resolution, no ability to charge your laptop through the monitor, and no built-in speakers, mics, or webcam.
You make it sound like those features are important on a monitor, options such as charging your laptop, built in speakers, mic, and webcam shouldn't sway anyone's decision on buying a high end monitor. Nobody with high end monitor would choose to use their monitor speakers as their sound output, mics and webcams are just liabilities components in a monitor, when you can just buy a decent but better webcam and mic for not much more. This is marketed as a high end gaming monitor, ain't no one using monitor speakers for gaming and most PC gamers barely run 4k+ because the trade off in frames normally isn't worth it if their GPU even can handle that.
reyoasian wrote: would burn in be a problem since monitors may stay on static images much longer and more often than TVs?
The QD-OLED is theoretically suppose to eliminate the burn-in issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)