[Dell] Dell black Friday Sneak Peak

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:37 am
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
330 posts
801 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
TheRealSwatson wrote: I have a 4k oled laptop. Of course yes a 4k screen let alone an OLED one sucks power and I have it set to 200% as well for windows. But videos at 4k arent being scaled by windows so I get 4k netflix and youtube on a 4k screen which is the point. The GPU is strong enough for 1080p gaming so I get a nice 1080p experience that is flawlessly scaled on a 4k screen that is O L E D.
We all have different opinions and I can respect that. And for me, oled is a negative for a computer monitor. My screen is static alot of the time and so oled is out the question and its more expensive too.
May 19, 2017
272 posts
289 upvotes
Patrickpete wrote: We all have different opinions and I can respect that. And for me, oled is a negative for a computer monitor. My screen is static alot of the time and so oled is out the question and its more expensive too.
They have features to reduce burn like auto dimming task bar and such. We'll see how it goes but I have 3 yr warranty and I dont see any exclusion for burn in
Dec 14, 2001
522 posts
206 upvotes
Has ne1 who ordered the $999 XPS Desktop get it shipped yet? Mine is still sitting as "confirmed".
Jan 23, 2010
195 posts
52 upvotes
BBucKK wrote: Has ne1 who ordered the $999 XPS Desktop get it shipped yet? Mine is still sitting as "confirmed".
Mine shows Confirmed. Your order is confirmed and is about to enter Production. Estimated Ship Date Nov 3, 2020

But I'm probably going to either cancel or return it
Dec 14, 2001
522 posts
206 upvotes
pyr0sphere wrote: Mine shows Confirmed. Your order is confirmed and is about to enter Production. Estimated Ship Date Nov 3, 2020

Yup - mine is showing exactly the same. I will advise if it changes status. I'm still concerned about the 360w PSU but at $999 I can part it out and still be ahead of the game.
Jan 23, 2010
195 posts
52 upvotes
BBucKK wrote: Yup - mine is showing exactly the same. I will advise if it changes status. I'm still concerned about the 360w PSU but at $999 I can part it out and still be ahead of the game.
Yeah the PSU is one of the reasons I'm looking to return it. The proprietary motherboard and PSU make me concerned. Also the way they spec'd the build just isn't what I need at the moment. The i7 10700 is roughly $450 and the 1660ti is about $350. Of that $800, I'd much rather only allocate $230 to the CPU for a Ryzen 3600 and dedicate the rest to fund a GPU

There's just very little upgrade potential when you factor in the mobo, psu, and case. Not sure about the air flow of the case. Not sure about the quality of the RAM. Would be hard to get an identical stick in the future

Too many questions for me
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
pyr0sphere wrote: Mine shows Confirmed. Your order is confirmed and is about to enter Production. Estimated Ship Date Nov 3, 2020

not in production, but supposed to ship tomorrow? hmmmm...sounds like order is in perma-delay...they have done this to me before during a previous legit sale
Last edited by Novawest2019 on Nov 4th, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2001
522 posts
206 upvotes
I'm in the same boat - still sitting as confirmed but supposed to ship tomorrow. I will advise if that changes.
Apr 6, 2005
69 posts
Ottawa
You said they did this before. Was it ever resolved ?
Dec 14, 2001
522 posts
206 upvotes
I contacted customer service as was supposed to ship the 3rd and been received by today - they responded "your order has entered the final stages of production and is estimated to be delivered to you on or before 11/13/2020". Online it still shows as confirmed and not having entered production. 3 days to go - they told me they would tell me when it ships - nothing. I'm not holding my breath.
Nov 20, 2019
13 posts
29 upvotes
My order shipped today. Estimated ship date was nov 9th but was delayed and “in final stages” when I called yesterday. Was able to get another 50$ off the total bill easily (nice rep). Then I checked, it shipped today en route to local carrier. Will update again when I receive it !
Images
  • 5682B83A-B5EA-4912-BC69-0E1C1433A701.jpeg
Apr 6, 2005
69 posts
Ottawa
Makar88 wrote: My order shipped today. Estimated ship date was nov 9th but was delayed and “in final stages” when I called yesterday. Was able to get another 50$ off the total bill easily (nice rep). Then I checked, it shipped today en route to local carrier. Will update again when I receive it !
Are you able to see the parts list ? Hopefully they didn't build with the inferior re-directed link.
Nov 20, 2019
13 posts
29 upvotes
Axor88 wrote: Are you able to see the parts list ? Hopefully they didn't build with the inferior re-directed link.
Yeah i double checked the list that showed what was shipped out. It’s what I ordered, and still the 360W power supply
Apr 6, 2005
69 posts
Ottawa
Yeah, that power supply is weak. Time to shop around for another case, mobo, and ps.