[Dell] Dell black Friday Sneak Peak

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:37 am
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2386 posts
1013 upvotes
Montreal, QC
AlexJosh wrote: If it's legit BF deals revealed this early, probably means they suck...
but also, because of the pandemic, i think this year BF, every retailers will spread the BF deals on like multiple weeks. i expect it to be lacklustre
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
399 posts
1165 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
sumtimw0ng wrote: but also, because of the pandemic, i think this year BF, every retailers will spread the BF deals on like multiple weeks. i expect it to be lacklustre
I concur; they would be stupid to let Black Friday happen all at once. Unless they are trying to break the Covid record that is.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19535 posts
6764 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
No sewing machine? Lame.
Mar 26, 2018
85 posts
118 upvotes
Saskatoon
XPS would be okay if you could upgrade to 16gbs of ram... But that things going to be bottlenecked with that intense processor.
Sad :(
Really looking for a good 2 in 1 thats not stupid expensive.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2209 posts
336 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
BinaryJay wrote: No sewing machine? Lame.
I miss the old days of deals. Waaay back when.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1540 upvotes
Patrickpete wrote: Hey guys, Just got a email from dell for their Black Friday Sneak Peak. I think there is something in here for everyone. What stood out for me the most was the new Intel tiger lake Xps 13 for 1599. This new processor is a massive improvement over the previous gen( almost 3x) for anyone who wants decent integrate graphics performance in a small factor form with xps 13 battery life; I think it was able to play doom at a decent frame rate. Just came out so 200 off is actually decent.
Was looking into the xps 13 too, but won't get it due to bad thermals. See here:
Mar 6, 2019
206 posts
147 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: but also, because of the pandemic, i think this year BF, every retailers will spread the BF deals on like multiple weeks. i expect it to be lacklustre
no doubt in my mind that covid changed everything. maybe for toys and other non essential items there will be deals and some flurry of activity. for pc's and other electronics the price was already creeping up in recent yrs due to exchange rate among other reasons. now with so many working from home prices will remain elevated imho. the days when you could get a screaming hot deal on a high performance pc or laptop for $500 are long gone. i had a buddy who picked up the Acer on sale a few weeks back for 599 i believe and ended up returning it. on paper it looked decent, but it wound up being a flimsy, slapped together piece of crap. build quality is not anywhere near what it used to be
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
399 posts
1165 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
Bubblegum86 wrote: Was looking into the xps 13 too, but won't get it due to bad thermals. See here:
I saw that review ;however, other reviews are getting much better result. People are saying perhaps he had a bad unit? I will look more into this before I decide.
Sep 29, 2014
187 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Anyone familiar with dell monitors can chime in on the Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Monitor: U3419W. It's on sale for $930 and an additional 10% off. I currently have a 27" ultrasharp from maybe 6 years ago. I use it for work and some casual games, LOL, WOW, and civ. Been happy with my monitor but looking to get something bigger.
Nov 17, 2019
379 posts
1009 upvotes
Ram is soldered and Dell doesn't let you upgrade to 16gb with the i7 processor? Don't see many people spending 1.5k + on a 8gb laptop. Storage is replaceable after the fact though.

EDIT : They do let you upgrade. It just doesn't work for me with OP's link.
Last edited by quantman on Oct 19th, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 31, 2013
48 posts
23 upvotes
With the 24" monitors (there's a couple), would there be any benefit in getting one with higher hz or lag if I'm just using it for office work + movies?
Sep 13, 2019
108 posts
188 upvotes
Novawest2019 wrote: no doubt in my mind that covid changed everything. maybe for toys and other non essential items there will be deals and some flurry of activity. for pc's and other electronics the price was already creeping up in recent yrs due to exchange rate among other reasons. now with so many working from home prices will remain elevated imho. the days when you could get a screaming hot deal on a high performance pc or laptop for $500 are long gone. i had a buddy who picked up the Acer on sale a few weeks back for 599 i believe and ended up returning it. on paper it looked decent, but it wound up being a flimsy, slapped together piece of crap. build quality is not anywhere near what it used to be
High performance pc for $500 includes or excludes the gpu? Because we had two $500 PC with the latest i5 10th desktop from Lenovo and dell in the past month (even though no Ryzen)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
alanpca wrote: Too bad they aren't shipping the 11th gen processors in the xps 15 yet. I will never understand their xps 13/15 strategy.
11th Gen H processor aren't available yet, blame Intel.
Feb 4, 2019
438 posts
690 upvotes
MrLincoln wrote: XPS would be okay if you could upgrade to 16gbs of ram... But that things going to be bottlenecked with that intense processor.
Sad :(
Really looking for a good 2 in 1 thats not stupid expensive.
You can upgrade it. $150 to get 16GB of RAM, another $100 to get 512GB of storage which is the build I've been contemplating. Brings it to $1849+tax. Add another $50 if you want the white/Frost variant.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/cty/pdp ... 139310_h3e

As for 2 and 1's. I really like HP's Envy and Spectre series'. Definitely more bang for the buck than Dell. The Envy AMD series was especially popular but they seem to be sold out everywhere. HP is also releasing a Spectre with a 3x2 screen (HP Spectre 14) alongside their traditional 16x9 screen (HP Spectre 13).
Nov 17, 2019
379 posts
1009 upvotes
iVel004 wrote: High performance pc for $500 includes or excludes the gpu? Because we had two $500 PC with the latest i5 10th desktop from Lenovo and dell in the past month (even though no Ryzen)
Yes I'm typing this on my new 350$ precision workstationFace With Tears Of Joy
Nov 17, 2019
379 posts
1009 upvotes
jiajiajia wrote: I am also looking at this deal. Usually, it is $1399 after discount. Not sure why it is only $999 this time, do they change some parts?
360W power supply seems low for a i7+1660ti

Says 500W then add to cart and it becomes 360W. Who knows.