Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell black Friday Sneak Peak

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:37 am
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2001
526 posts
206 upvotes
The desktop is a smokin deal but it appears only the white case is available at the $999 - don't forget 2% ebates/Rakuten
Jr. Member
Apr 10, 2015
122 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AlexJosh wrote: If it's legit BF deals revealed this early, probably means they suck...
In my memories, Canada's BF always sucked compare to US's BF deals.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6290 posts
1204 upvotes
TheFrostOne wrote: With the 24" monitors (there's a couple), would there be any benefit in getting one with higher hz or lag if I'm just using it for office work + movies?

Scrolling web pages + mouse cursor is much, much smoother. It makes working on the PC pretty enjoyable in fact lol . Wouldn't spend too much on it unless you get a good deal though if you dont play games.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Newbie
Aug 12, 2007
35 posts
10 upvotes
quantman wrote: 360W power supply seems low for a i7+1660ti

Says 500W then add to cart and it becomes 360W. Who knows.
I'm chatting with Dell to understand the power supply term "Power Up to 225W via 2x 6 pin power connectors (with 500W power supply)" but the person is checking with the tech experts. The online chat person said it was 500W? Hmmmm
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2010
601 posts
572 upvotes
Montreal
Dell's delivery wait time is ridiculous. I waited over a month to receive a headset.
Newbie
Aug 7, 2015
21 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ugh...Dell's laptop quality and client services are crap. Their recent laptops all have hinge problems that they refuse to cover through warranty. Customer service is rude and reps are from India.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14794 posts
4263 upvotes
If you're on this site every day, of course BF and BD won't measure up. It's always been catered to impulse buyers and FOMO.

But considering the kind of year it's been, a little retail therapy never hurt anyone.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Member
User avatar
May 3, 2003
377 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
JIB9022 wrote: cpu 420
mobo 100
ram 60
gpu 300
psu 50
case 30
ssd 100
windows 100

adds upto bit over 1k
seems like a decent deal
I noticed that XPS too. My previous XPS laptop was built incredibly solid (still working after over a decade, with just an SSD, RAM and BT/wifi upgrade), great support for the XPS line too when my battery lost a decent amount of charge within the warranty period.

My math is much more favourable for the deal. I suppose the 1660 ti might be on sale for close to $300 on occasion but appears to be usually $340, and it also has a 2TB HDD and 512gb SSD ($65ish + $80 for the NVMe SSD?) and I would value an XPS case, PSU and mobo higher than $180 total (again, because I found XPS had high quality components in the past). I'd think the parts are worth $1300 or so.
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 16, 2015
17 posts
10 upvotes
TheFrostOne wrote: With the 24" monitors (there's a couple), would there be any benefit in getting one with higher hz or lag if I'm just using it for office work + movies?
I got the S2721QS. In my opinion, 27 inch 4k is better suited for home office than a 24 inch 1080p with high refresh rate. But if you are deciding 75hz or 60hz get the 75hz.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1316 posts
344 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: cpu 420
mobo 100
ram 60
gpu 300
psu 50
case 30
ssd 100
windows 100

adds upto bit over 1k
seems like a decent deal
Price actually looks quite good for a pre-built.

It also has 4 ram slots that max out at 128 gb which is often hard to find with these desktops.

I was going to get my own PC built but this is a pretty solid option to consider for me.
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
181 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Loving my recent Precision 3240 purchase. $580 all in for the i3-10100, including 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD.

In the market for a sub $500 laptop with decent specs.

Absolutely nothing interesting here. Very cold.

No rakuten 10% on Dell personal purchases for almost 2 months. Wonder if it's ever coming back.
Member
Feb 19, 2017
490 posts
321 upvotes
Underwhelming to say the least. Am in the market for a 1440p 144Hz monitor - looks like I'll be scratching Dell's new offering off the list unless they knock it down from its regular $740. It was 26% off just about a month ago before major reviews were out... it'd be a buy at that price again.
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2001
526 posts
206 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote: Price actually looks quite good for a pre-built.

It also has 4 ram slots that max out at 128 gb which is often hard to find with these desktops.

I was going to get my own PC built but this is a pretty solid option to consider for me.
Its a great deal - I was just pricing out my own build today and couldn't touch this. The only concern I have is it states "Power Up to 225W via 2x 6 pin power connectors (with 500W power supply)" but when you get it in your cart is says "Chassis Options 360W Mineral White Bezel Chassis including optical drive". It shows the white case which I can live with but would prefer the black. Of concern would be a 360W power supply on this build which is way underpowered. No options to change the color or the power supply. Hopefully will be the 500W supply.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2009
807 posts
106 upvotes
What's a good deal for a monitor?
  • 34"
  • curved ultrawide (3440x1440)
  • >59Hz
  • <10ms
  • IPS or VA, but just dont want a small viewing angle
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Member
Feb 19, 2017
490 posts
321 upvotes
quantman wrote: Ram is soldered and Dell doesn't let you upgrade to 16gb with the i7 processor? Don't see many people spending 1.5k + on a 8gb laptop. Storage is replaceable after the fact though.

EDIT : They do let you upgrade. It just doesn't work for me with OP's link.
Yep, this is why the 15" is the better buy IMO. Aside from the bigger screen and more ports, you can upgrade the RAM and storage. I paid $1,300 for a base model Dell XPS 15 earlier this year and the user is pretty pleased with it. The 13" by comparison looks like a bad deal.

I'm not at all keen to buy a laptop with soldered parts. That's why I'm likely not going Apple for my next laptop, despite rocking the last user-upgradable MBP model ever made. I like that Apple makes quality hardware, but the Apple tax for RAM and storage upgrades is an abomination I refuse to support. I'd sooner run Ubuntu or use Windows Subsystem for Linux if need be.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1316 posts
344 upvotes
BBucKK wrote: Its a great deal - I was just pricing out my own build today and couldn't touch this. The only concern I have is it states "Power Up to 225W via 2x 6 pin power connectors (with 500W power supply)" but when you get it in your cart is says "Chassis Options 360W Mineral White Bezel Chassis including optical drive". It shows the white case which I can live with but would prefer the black. Of concern would be a 360W power supply on this build which is way underpowered. No options to change the color or the power supply. Hopefully will be the 500W supply.
I think it might be a pricing or mixed up product error, because I don't think this is normally $1200. it's odd how it switches from the Black Case to White and also the fact that no other deal on there is even close to the same value as this one would be.

I noticed it adding the 360w PSU as well which definitely doesn't make sense for this build, so it's a bit concerning whether you would get this actual desktop.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
19956 posts
708 upvotes
Shanghai, China
quantman wrote: Ram is soldered and Dell doesn't let you upgrade to 16gb with the i7 processor? Don't see many people spending 1.5k + on a 8gb laptop. Storage is replaceable after the fact though.

EDIT : They do let you upgrade. It just doesn't work for me with OP's link.
Yea, I can't upgrade the RAM with the OP's link. I also don't see the option to get it in white. I really do wish that Dell would consider releasing the XPS 13 in black.
Jr. Member
Jul 4, 2017
196 posts
324 upvotes
glandtechnician wrote: ugh...Dell's laptop quality and client services are crap. Their recent laptops all have hinge problems that they refuse to cover through warranty. Customer service is rude and reps are from India.
Dell customer service has been top notch for me these past 4 years.
I just bought a used XPS 15 off ebay. Transfer of ownership was done online through their portal and I was qualified for warranty within 24 hours.
There was an issue with the trackpad. I used the online chat to outline the problem and a repairman was scheduled for the day after.
He came to my place and did the repair onsite, but there was a problem with the part. The repair was rescheduled and a new part ordered.
The service rep I originally messaged with, would email me once in a while to let me know of the progress and to followup after the repair. They were the most professional and courteous I've ever experienced.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3124 posts
853 upvotes
Mars
r11 2300, i mean the one with 2070, that's the deal for BF? r8 from costco last year was way better.

Top