Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell black Friday Sneak Peak

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:37 am
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
JesseL369321 wrote: no joke i ordered last night and tried to cancel this morning and the rep offered me an extra 45$ off
Super glad he convinced me to stay with my purchase by giving me an extra discount
yeah, but let's see if (1) they actually honor the price and ship you the product and (2) you receive it before the end of the year. an order "acknowledgement" or "confirmation" does not guarantee anything. i glanced at this product listing yesterday but decided to sleep on it. well, this morning as you all know the page has been updated which confirms the $999 price was an error. even google cached versions of the page have been scrubbed clean...lol. I have placed orders on items like this in the past only to have them reneg on the sale a few days later (which they say very clearly in the fine print that they have the right to do). the "salesperson" you were in touch with located in some far away country is NOT in charge of making these decisions. i guess we'll see what happens. please post an update if you somehow end up getting your xps special edition for what looks like a price well below cost...cheers!
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
pyr0sphere wrote: Haha they're being sneaky. I was the first to inquire about this model in the thread. My old link is still there as a reply on the first page. Now it links to a lesser $999 system
it was just a mistake, plain and simple.

the question now is whether anyone who actually ordered yesterday will have their purchases honored. i personally wouldn't hold my breath. this said, it kinda puts you on hold if you looking at other deals elsewhere and wondering if you should proceed or wait a number or days or maybe weeks to see if the initial order is going ahead or not...
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1176 posts
105 upvotes
GTA
rajojomanik wrote: This only comes with 16gb of ram, see below.

Capture.JPG

It's probably better buying it from CC or Amazon.
The spec that I see is only with 8g ram. Not 16g...
And the post I’m asking about is with 32g ram....doesn’t make sense
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
iVel004 wrote: High performance pc for $500 includes or excludes the gpu? Because we had two $500 PC with the latest i5 10th desktop from Lenovo and dell in the past month (even though no Ryzen)
for full system w/ new i5 cpu or better, mid range gpu, 16GB ram, dual storage and reasonable pwr supply and overall build quality. some of the loss leaders i looked at in recent months tend to skimp big time on some things while still including a higher profile cpu to get you hooked. as an example, the acer stuff is pretty sketchy imho not that dell, asus, hp etc are the end all be all
Nov 15, 2016
296 posts
101 upvotes
QC
Novawest2019 wrote: yeah, but let's see if (1) they actually honor the price and ship you the product and (2) you receive it before the end of the year. an order "acknowledgement" or "confirmation" does not guarantee anything. i glanced at this product listing yesterday but decided to sleep on it. well, this morning as you all know the page has been updated which confirms the $999 price was an error. even google cached versions of the page have been scrubbed clean...lol. I have placed orders on items like this in the past only to have them reneg on the sale a few days later (which they say very clearly in the fine print that they have the right to do). the "salesperson" you were in touch with located in some far away country is NOT in charge of making these decisions. i guess we'll see what happens. please post an update if you somehow end up getting your xps special edition for what looks like a price well below cost...cheers!
will def post if i get it or not
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
OracerO wrote: The spec that I see is only with 8g ram. Not 16g...
And the post I’m asking about is with 32g ram....doesn’t make sense
that product page has been refreshed...completely different system now. the guy that ordered yesterday got an extra 16GB with the mispriced $999 system
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34450 posts
4023 upvotes
Winnipeg
engmsf wrote: Should people just skip 1440p and go straight to 4K now? I feel like 1440p is like 720p now.
Normal usage 4k I agree, gaming definitely stick with 1440p + high refresh rates cause most of us aren't going to play at 4k @100fps+.
Jan 14, 2007
787 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Novawest2019 wrote: that product page has been refreshed...completely different system now. the guy that ordered yesterday got an extra 16GB with the mispriced $999 system
I had the screen open on my desktop from this morning and never refresh it, managed to get the desktop for $999 with the following specs... I'll decide later if I should keep it knowing that the price is actually around $1500. Let's see if it gets cancelled.

dell.JPG
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1176 posts
105 upvotes
GTA
rajojomanik wrote: I had the screen open on my desktop from this morning and never refresh it, managed to get the desktop for $999 with the following specs... I'll decide later if I should keep it knowing that the price is actually around $1500. Let's see if it gets cancelled.

dell.JPG
I guess this would be classified as a hot deal?
Nov 30, 2014
3 posts
1 upvote
Richmond, BC
Mistake or not, now that I've seen the system for $999 I wouldn't be able to buy anything that wasn't that good of a deal.

Also, looking at some of the systems to upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs is $150!?! So 8 gigs for $150. Uhh. That just feels wrong. Is it the best ram on the planet?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4428 posts
1005 upvotes
Envmar wrote: Mistake or not, now that I've seen the system for $999 I wouldn't be able to buy anything that wasn't that good of a deal.
Also, looking at some of the systems to upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs is $150!?! So 8 gigs for $150. Uhh. That just feels wrong. Is it the best ram on the planet?
That XPS desktop in white was either a pricing mistake or had limited availability. The specs listed were very much a hot Black Friday deal. The current specs are much more typical of Dell pricing, including the upgrade to 16GB RAM for $150.
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
These deals are so bad, how dare they drag Black Friday through the mud like this. Dell, you better step up, it's between you and Lenovo and I don't like your attitude so far.
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
Envmar wrote: Mistake or not, now that I've seen the system for $999 I wouldn't be able to buy anything that wasn't that good of a deal.

Rule #21
Never upgrade your system through Dell or Lenovo.