Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell black Friday Sneak Peak

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:37 am
Dec 15, 2017
77 posts
55 upvotes
mappee wrote: These deals are so bad, how dare they drag Black Friday through the mud like this. Dell, you better step up, it's between you and Lenovo and I don't like your attitude so far.
Other than the occasional price error, or going through the Lenovo EPP site, when was the last time there were really that many good deals?

Seems like it's always just 1 or 2 deals that sell out in under a minute. The rest are always just fluff.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1076 posts
122 upvotes
divx wrote: Normal usage 4k I agree, gaming definitely stick with 1440p + high refresh rates cause most of us aren't going to play at 4k @100fps+.
With XBX and PS5 almost here, I still think 1440p is done in 3-6 months. Newer graphics card from AMD and Nvidia are here that almost gives you 4k at max settings.

I still think it is a waste to buy 1440p now. Only problem is lack of cheap 4k 144hz monitors at any size.
Mar 6, 2019
197 posts
119 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote: That XPS desktop in white was either a pricing mistake or had limited availability. The specs listed were very much a hot Black Friday deal. The current specs are much more typical of Dell pricing, including the upgrade to 16GB RAM for $150.
product wasn't advertised as a door buster or anything of the sort. most definitely a screw up. @ $999 i think this is below cost or very close to it. this is also xps special edition in white, but i'm not sure what extra features are included (other than color). website is very vague, so probably nothing of note...who knows? anyhow, i will stick my neck out and state that anyone who actually gets the product for this price just got the best "deal" you will see for the foreseeable future and that there's no chance you'll see this advertised for a price anywhere close to 999 (let alone 1199) on black friday.
Dec 14, 2006
381 posts
365 upvotes
Picked up the 4tb Purple surveillance drive. $120 vs the price of 140-150 over the past couple months. Was able to use my credits that were due for expiry at the end of the month :)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4620 posts
2982 upvotes
Burnaby
msz87 wrote: https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-27 ... ccessories

subjectively better than the lg 850 nano ips.
skarycat wrote: It may not have made the cutoff date for the review article but the S2721DGF favour slightly better than LG 27GL850-B and just below ASUS TUF VG27AQ https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... experience.
Yup. @msz87 has previously highlighted that Dell gaming monitor model. Leaving the Dell S2721DGF out of that ranking list is a big omission by RTings. Particularly because they rated high that monitor (overall and as a gaming monitor) and such monitor costs just around $740 (regular price). Stacking the permanent Dell discount for monitors (10% off monitors), Dell Rewards credit (3%) and Rakuten Dell cashback, it can be had with minimum a 15% discount on regular price (better when Rakuten cashback is high). So, it should compete against similar monitors in the $650 range. It's OOS, though.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion advertising]
Insert here list of companies with referral programs
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
324 posts
786 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I'm glad a lot of people are getting something out of this. For myself personally, I got a monitor. I'm not going to wait 1 year+ for "deals" that might never come. These are some decent pricing for the current pandemic situation. If your idea of a deal is lowest price ever or lower, then good luck waiting.

Fyi- For anyone who makes a purchase, CALL In and threaten to cancel... Say you want to wait for a better deal and have decided to change your mind. They will offer you some credit. I got 20 back for the monitor. Ended up paying 315$ tax in for a 1440p 75hz 27inch ips monitor.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34450 posts
4023 upvotes
Winnipeg
engmsf wrote: With XBX and PS5 almost here, I still think 1440p is done in 3-6 months. Newer graphics card from AMD and Nvidia are here that almost gives you 4k at max settings.
I still think it is a waste to buy 1440p now. Only problem is lack of cheap 4k 144hz monitors at any size.
I'm not convinced that 3080 and 6900xt can do 4k at 60hz+ stable on ultra.
Dec 26, 2012
750 posts
540 upvotes
Quebec
Been looking for a cheap inspiron desktop for a friend since early september. I see the same exact prices as every other weekly "deals" so it's not very interesting.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2019
324 posts
786 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
engmsf wrote: With XBX and PS5 almost here, I still think 1440p is done in 3-6 months. Newer graphics card from AMD and Nvidia are here that almost gives you 4k at max settings.

That is a blanket statement... With that logic 1080p should of been done long ago but it isn't. For one, consoles never had any effect on the PC community not before not ever. Secondly, competitive gamers want 120 + fps and the new graphics cards will not be able to provide that, especially with ray tracing active so 1440p will stay a sweet spot for resolution + maximum fps. Furthermore, even if the new graphics card somehow did allow for the fps, all that would do is further lower the price of 1440p monitors and giving people more incentive to go 1440p. Finally, there will always exist a market for people who don't want to go higher than 27 inch (too massive) and 4k (imo) is pretty pointless on a 27 inch monitor since you would have to scale to see anything.
Feb 24, 2018
351 posts
164 upvotes
I'm interested in that new Inspiron 5000 14 laptop as the specs are quite good but I'm concerned about the screen. It seems like it only displays WVA on screen specs and I can't find any other info online. It could be an IPS screen or TN. Also no idea if this is a screen with 50% or 72% or 90%+ sRGB coverage or if it's 200 nits, 250, 300, etc.
Mar 5, 2007
360 posts
182 upvotes
Patrickpete wrote: That is a blanket statement... With that logic 1080p should of been done long ago but it isn't. For one, consoles never had any effect on the PC community not before not ever. Secondly, competitive gamers want 120 + fps and the new graphics cards will not be able to provide that, especially with ray tracing active so 1440p will stay a sweet spot for resolution + maximum fps. Furthermore, even if the new graphics card somehow did allow for the fps, all that would do is further lower the price of 1440p monitors and giving people more incentive to go 1440p. Finally, there will always exist a market for people who don't want to go higher than 27 inch (too massive) and 4k (imo) is pretty pointless on a 27 inch monitor since you would have to scale to see anything.
4k is, like, 90% hype. Maybe it's just my old eyes, but @ roughly 3ft, I don't see any difference at all in sharpness between my old 27" 1440p Dell and my 27" 4k LG.
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jetenginejesus wrote: 4k is, like, 90% hype. Maybe it's just my old eyes, but @ roughly 3ft, I don't see any difference at all in sharpness between my old 27" 1440p Dell and my 27" 4k LG.
The main benefit IMO of 4k on a laptop is scaling -- at 200% scale you get an effective 1080p resolution with 4x the pixels. With 1440p, you probably don't want to scale, otherwise you either get an awkward 150% scaling or you scale 200% and end up with an effective 720p resolution.