43 upvotes
Saguenay

[Dell] Dell.ca - Logitech G920 / G29 299.99 HOT

Hope it's not a repost.

Logitech G29 (PC / PS3 / PS4)
http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/apd/A8572893

Logitech G920 (XBOX ONE / PC)
http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/apd/A8543273

Remember the shifter is not included in both wheels.
20 replies
Dec 10, 2017
197 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a great price, I have never purchased a wheel before though, is there anything else required (ie for mounting) other than grabbing a shifter if i want the manual shift knob instead of paddles?
Stay Frosty'
[OP]
Dec 12, 2008
179 posts
43 upvotes
Saguenay
There are 2 adjustable C Clamp under the wheel to attach to your desk.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1919 posts
356 upvotes
Belle River
krn905 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 3:01 pm
Seems like a great price, I have never purchased a wheel before though, is there anything else required (ie for mounting) other than grabbing a shifter if i want the manual shift knob instead of paddles?
Think about whether or not you can leave it setup all the time, or how likely you are to want to set it up for a session then put it away and then repeat. Long time ago I found a really good deal on the G27 so I got 2 and had grand plans of a 2 player setup, etc. One never even got opened, the other barely saw any use. I still tell myself I'm gonna figure out where to make a dedicated permanent setup but I'll never get around to it :).
Jan 12, 2017
41 posts
65 upvotes
Same price at bestbuy.

If anyone intends to use on PC get the G29 (PC/PC4) you get shift lights on wheel.

The G29/G290 is re branded logitech G27 with more buttons (same internal ffb motors).

So for 320-330$ its not that great of deal considering there is no shifter anymore.

I think getting Thrustmaster T300 for 40-50$ more when it goes on sale at bhphotovideo.com is way better deal.

As that wheel has better ffb and its much stronger (3.6 nm vs 2.2 nm for logitech wheel).
Apr 10, 2012
867 posts
370 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 3:11 pm
Think about whether or not you can leave it setup all the time, or how likely you are to want to set it up for a session then put it away and then repeat. Long time ago I found a really good deal on the G27 so I got 2 and had grand plans of a 2 player setup, etc. One never even got opened, the other barely saw any use. I still tell myself I'm gonna figure out where to make a dedicated permanent setup but I'll never get around to it :).
Man, you just described my situation and the truth hurts. My wheel setup sits in the closet until I find the motivation / time / space to build a rig. Grand plans of using a 28 inch 1440p imac display. Sigh. Some day.
Dec 25, 2017
1 posts
Just got one!
You can also get extra $15 off with coupon code "$15OFF$199+"
Aug 2, 2006
70 posts
3 upvotes
Kitimat
Make it hotter with this coupon: $15OFF$199+

Ordered mine at BestBuy Christmas eve. Didn't want to wait till Feb as per Dell website.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6127 posts
2806 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I'm giving you a BIG thumbs up for being a fellow sim racer, plus will ALWAYS thumbs up anything remotely promoting sim racing in general.

As far a the Logitech brand goes for wheels, meh, no comment, as it's Christmas time and I am bound to only say nice things.....for now. Winking Face

What I will state is that I much prefer the equivalent grade or higher Thrustmaster & Fanatec gear, with reasons being their superior build quality, innovation, eco-systems & compatibility.

In the end though, for games which delve into sim territory, ANY wheel is more fun than a gamepad.

Hopefully some of you folks get in on this and enjoy your new wheel setups!!!
Nov 4, 2016
89 posts
52 upvotes
hmm... says "valid coupon, but there are no matching items in your cart" ?
Jul 20, 2016
751 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
8% ebates on dell.ca
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Sep 14, 2007
56 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Canada Computers is selling this for $289 in-store until the 28th.

Dell's February delivery is alarming. In itself it is a long wait, after which I am not sure is still relevant any more, but I also have had negative experience before with Dell's dates constantly slipping (on the scale of months, not weeks) until I lost patience and ordered elsewhere.
Jan 2, 2009
633 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Woah! wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 3:37 pm
I'm giving you a BIG thumbs up for being a fellow sim racer, plus will ALWAYS thumbs up anything remotely promoting sim racing in general.

As far a the Logitech brand goes for wheels, meh, no comment, as it's Christmas time and I am bound to only say nice things.....for now. Winking Face

What I will state is that I much prefer the equivalent grade or higher Thrustmaster & Fanatec gear, with reasons being their superior build quality, innovation, eco-systems & compatibility.

In the end though, for games which delve into sim territory, ANY wheel is more fun than a gamepad.

Hopefully some of you folks get in on this and enjoy your new wheel setups!!!

Any recommendations for games for PC? Thanks :)
Feb 2, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
conurus wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 5:31 am
Canada Computers is selling this for $289 in-store until the 28th.

Dell's February delivery is alarming. In itself it is a long wait, after which I am not sure is still relevant any more, but I also have had negative experience before with Dell's dates constantly slipping (on the scale of months, not weeks) until I lost patience and ordered elsewhere.
Son of a....ordered mine on the last day of the sale Jan 4. ETA for Feb 5. Just checked the status and been pushed to March 28. I will keep it ordered as nobody has these for $299 anymore.
Jul 21, 2011
47 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
VanIsleGuy wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 11:24 am
Son of a....ordered mine on the last day of the sale Jan 4. ETA for Feb 5. Just checked the status and been pushed to March 28. I will keep it ordered as nobody has these for $299 anymore.
mine was eta for Feb 7 now pushed to Mar 26... the mismatch of dates between our orders does not inspire confidence