Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Dell G5 Gaming Desktop $1199

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 2:39 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 4, 2018
578 posts
482 upvotes

[Dell] Dell G5 Gaming Desktop $1199

I think this is a current great deal for anyone looking. Obviously not as great as the costco deal awhile back but there's no time machine

Dell 48hrs sale

New Dell G5 Gaming Desktop

Tech Specs
Processor
10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-10400F processor(6-Core, 12M Cache, 2.9GHz to 4.3GHz)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6
Hard Drive
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 7200 rpm 3.5" SATA Hard Drive
Memoryi
8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
Wireless
802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 21st, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
.
.
.
Put some resphek on my name!
32 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
12503 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
isn't the ram a bit underwhelming?

Does this look right? $350 for 32GB of ram

32GB, 2x16Gb, DDR4, 2666Mhz +CAD $350.00
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Member
Jun 7, 2011
260 posts
223 upvotes
Orangeville
Here, much better in every way and you get the satisfaction of having built it yourself:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/crB7mg

If you need more storage, you can swap the 1TB SSD to a 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tv7nYH

"But you get a windows key!"

You can run windows without activating and only lose some personalization options, or get a key off ebay for like $5.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1849 posts
1423 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Good price and a thumbs up for the bravery it takes to post about a pre-built PC in this forum, I’d give you two for it being Intel too, but alas.

Take it away, builders of AMD....
Newbie
Feb 27, 2019
29 posts
69 upvotes
Buying a gaming pc a month before new tech release is not recommended.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1264 posts
319 upvotes
Sometimes you just need a pc, and don't have the time to order parts and wait, or pricematch, or build, or whatever. I bought a G5 for my son end of July when there wasn't much available. Same specs except GTX 1660, 16gb ram, upgraded 500w psu, and 3 yr warranty. $1217 tx included after haggling and Uniday. It's a nice little machine, and he loves it. The only issue is that the front bezel light is bright and cannot be adjusted, despite being advertised as such.
Newbie
Apr 26, 2013
23 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
Philbert wrote: Sometimes you just need a pc, and don't have the time to order parts and wait, or pricematch, or build, or whatever. I bought a G5 for my son end of July when there wasn't much available. Same specs except GTX 1660, 16gb ram, upgraded 500w psu, and 3 yr warranty. $1217 tx included after haggling and Uniday. It's a nice little machine, and he loves it. The only issue is that the front bezel light is bright and cannot be adjusted, despite being advertised as such.
try going to alien command center. you are able to turn all lights off and change to whatever color you want. (start menu)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
8gb ram for 30.00 nowadays almost lol. it would be hard to build this computer for this price wait a few days to see if you can get 10% on rakuten and there must be a coupon somewhere.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1264 posts
319 upvotes
yiwei56 wrote:
try going to alien command center. you are able to turn all lights off and change to whatever color you want. (start menu)
Doesn’t work. The FX menu is blocked out and updating Centre didn’t work. I suspect the Windows 2004 update is the issue but Dell said light option only available for full RGB case, which I did not purchase.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2009
931 posts
945 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty good deal at $1079 stacked with UNiDAYS. 500W PSU leaves a potential upgrade path.
Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
291 posts
195 upvotes
Ontario
Tempting! But I’ll stick with my optiplex. Need to separate gaming away from new work from home station.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2012
3079 posts
2737 upvotes
Montreal
Sorry, this event has ended.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Member
User avatar
Jun 5, 2011
217 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
SoroSuub1 wrote: RAM should be easily upgradeable though with 3rd party RAM right?
Not necessarily. What I've noticed wirh dell and lenovo pre-builts is that XMP is locked and highest speed you can get is 2666mhz as anything above that voids warranty. You're better off upgrading now than waiting till later as you won't be able to go 3rd party anyway.
Newbie
Sep 26, 2015
29 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
Would it be possible to start a build your own deals for each category or price points? I don't have the knowledge or know how, but I would assume there is demand for it.
Pants536 wrote: Here, much better in every way and you get the satisfaction of having built it yourself:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/crB7mg

If you need more storage, you can swap the 1TB SSD to a 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tv7nYH

"But you get a windows key!"

You can run windows without activating and only lose some personalization options, or get a key off ebay for like $5.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
6 posts
5 upvotes
DavidH36746 wrote: Buying a gaming pc a month before new tech release is not recommended.
Referring to the release of the new Nvidia RTX card?
Member
Nov 12, 2014
316 posts
255 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Pants536 wrote: Here, much better in every way and you get the satisfaction of having built it yourself:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/crB7mg

If you need more storage, you can swap the 1TB SSD to a 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tv7nYH

"But you get a windows key!"

You can run windows without activating and only lose some personalization options, or get a key off ebay for like $5.
Thanks for this. Am on the fence about building a rig myself,. Will use this as guidance
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14197 posts
9524 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ended

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Member
Jun 7, 2011
260 posts
223 upvotes
Orangeville
RHULER707 wrote: Would it be possible to start a build your own deals for each category or price points? I don't have the knowledge or know how, but I would assume there is demand for it.
PCPartPicker already has a few default PCs at different price points. It uses a filter for parts and selects the cheapest from the given constraints. The issues with those builds is they often choose sub-par parts and the builds can be improved if you know what to look for and choose parts yourself.

It's definitely possible to put together a different builds at price points if you're meticulous with part filters, but it would require a bunch of maintenance to keep up with what parts are relevant at the time and I don't have time to set something like that up and maintain it. You also get the occasional sale on a part you didn't think to include in a filter which sometimes brings performance for a tier or two above a certain budget down to a lower budget. To add to that, there are a bunch of nuances like if someone's budget is between 2 budget tiers you can squeeze out more performance, but with cookie cutter builds you can't really catch that. Bunch of factors to consider, no time to implement it.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1743 posts
825 upvotes
BC
Pants536 wrote: Here, much better in every way and you get the satisfaction of having built it yourself:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/crB7mg

If you need more storage, you can swap the 1TB SSD to a 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tv7nYH

"But you get a windows key!"

You can run windows without activating and only lose some personalization options, or get a key off ebay for like $5.
does shoprbc ships to BC? I almost have the same build except for the mobo (b450 tomahawk @ $155) and case (nzxt h510 for $90)

Top