Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Dell G5 Gaming Desktop $1499

  • Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 10:31 am
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 20, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote

[Dell] Dell G5 Gaming Desktop $1499

Gaming desktop on sale now for Dell's two day sale.

Original: $2338
Now: $1499

Can get a 3060 Ti for +$500 too. What do you guys think?
Last edited by TomRFD on May 12th, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
66 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2016
1292 posts
2837 upvotes
This machine with 3060ti was 12xx$ then 1399$ then 1499$ now 1999$... Within like a month!
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Aug 7, 2017
88 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
just the thought of Dell charging 2,000 dollars for a system with a regular 2060 makes me uneasy
+ system has single channel memory, significantly slower than dual channel
+ proprietary PSU that is not upgradable
etc.

I would more recommend the system in this thread if you have a little more cash, this has a GPU that is something like 1.5 to 2x faster and a Ryzen 5800x

best-buy-asus-rog-strix-g15dk-gaming-pc ... 9-2464254/
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1477 posts
2110 upvotes
Kingston
3express wrote: Did I miss something or wasn't the 1660 Super always 6 GB VRAM?
You are right. Typo. It's 6gb. I'll fix it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2014 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There is NO WAY this pre-built is worth $2,338 in the first place... Even with the $800 off, it's still pricey for what it offers.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you get dual channel RAM (2x8GB), it's a free upgrade.
Jr. Member
Apr 13, 2017
172 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
doesthenamegohere wrote: just the thought of Dell charging 2,000 dollars for a system with a regular 2060 makes me uneasy
+ system has single channel memory, significantly slower than dual channel
+ proprietary PSU that is not upgradable
etc.

I would more recommend the system in this thread if you have a little more cash, this has a GPU that is something like 1.5 to 2x faster and a Ryzen 5800x

best-buy-asus-rog-strix-g15dk-gaming-pc ... 9-2464254/
You can change to Dual channel for 0$
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1444 posts
1065 upvotes
Nanaimo
It’s 1299 for the i5 version (before coupon). Not worth $300 for the i7 upgrade IMO.

Screw dell and their inflated prices though. Like people are saying a month ago you could get a 3070 for the same price. Now they’re just trying to unload old crap on us for top dollar.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2011
35 posts
35 upvotes
Ontario
Lots of judgy people on this site. Anyone looking for a mid range system, this is the best deal out there right now. Comparable specs at BB etc. all closer to $1800+.

Base specs with 10% off makes this best deal available right now. Yup, could of had it a month and a half ago with 3070 for almost same price but we all know the story behind that right?
Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2012
256 posts
260 upvotes
White Rock BC
There are several people on fb marketplace who are stripping the video card and reselling the box. In a few instances they are putting in a lesser nvme drive and taking half the memory. I'm pretty sure they aren't just gamers
Need a 2nd RFD storage unit
Newbie
May 7, 2021
84 posts
123 upvotes
Mission1972 wrote: Lots of judgy people on this site. Anyone looking for a mid range system, this is the best deal out there right now. Comparable specs at BB etc. all closer to $1800+.

Base specs with 10% off makes this best deal available right now. Yup, could of had it a month and a half ago with 3070 for almost same price but we all know the story behind that right?
You can get a i5-10400F with the same graphics card for $200 less on the same damn website. This deal is only good, if you compare it Best Buy, lol.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2011
35 posts
35 upvotes
Ontario
thekoolestkat wrote: You can get a i5-10400F with the same graphics card for $200 less on the same damn website. This deal is only good, if you compare it Best Buy, lol.
Ok, so is it worth it to upgrade to an i7 for $200?

Please link me a better price than the Dell i5 with same specs at $1143 (10% signup +2% Rakuten)

I'll wait.
Newbie
May 7, 2021
84 posts
123 upvotes
Mission1972 wrote: Ok, so is it worth it to upgrade to an i7 for $200?

Please link me a better price than the Dell i5 with same specs at $1143 (10% signup +2% Rakuten)

I'll wait.
I don't really understand the premise of your argument. You're the one that stated that the i7 is "the best deal available". Why would the onus be on me to link a better price for the PC that I referenced...
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3984 posts
3725 upvotes
Toronto
this poor thread is being downvoted to hell lol
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 1, 2006
15955 posts
438 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: There is NO WAY this pre-built is worth $2,338 in the first place... Even with the $800 off, it's still pricey for what it offers.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you get dual channel RAM (2x8GB), it's a free upgrade.
Why is the 2x8GB better than the 1x16GB?

If I do the 1x16GB does it not free up a slot for memory upgrade in the future?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 1, 2006
15955 posts
438 upvotes
Is it worth it to pay the $150 to get AMD® Radeon™ RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2018
155 posts
204 upvotes
JayTee1 wrote: Why is the 2x8GB better than the 1x16GB?

If I do the 1x16GB does it not free up a slot for memory upgrade in the future?
Its just how ram works, they work better in a pair.
Sure you have another slot but do you foresee you would use 64gb ram in the near future?
not until the other components going all obsolete.

Top