• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 3:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
199 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada

[Dell] Dell Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo - KM7120W - $75.99

I was in the market for a wireless keyboard and mouse for my home office. Initially, I was interested in the Logitech MK850 that can connect to up to 3 devices simultaneously because I don't want to buy multiple keyboards for a cleaner look. However, the keyboard tray on my computer desk was only 54 cm long and the MK850 keyboard at 43 cm long was going to make it pretty cramped up to accommodate a mouse on the same tray.

So while searching for a smaller keyboard, I came across this Dell K7120W keyboard and mouse combo which can also connect to up to 3 devices simultaneously. The length at 36.34 cm gives me enough space for the mouse movements on my keyboard tray (I know this because I am currently using a Logitech K400 keyboard at 35.4 cm with a razer naga wired mouse and have no issues). This comes with a numeric keypad which is a plus. Right now the combo is down on sale for $79.99 on Dell's website. Combine it with the Perkopolis discount to bring it down to $75.99 and Rakuten has 2% cashback bringing it down to $74.47.

If you are in the market for a keyboard and mouse combo I think this is a good deal considering this can connect to three devices.
17 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10303 posts
6665 upvotes
How serviceable will these be when it comes to replacing the batteries?

Update: Just checked, they take regular AAs...nice!
Feb 3, 2009
69 posts
33 upvotes
I purchased this unit a few months back. It’s very convenient to switch between devices. I connect my work laptop via Bluetooth and personal computer via the included USB wireless connectivity.
I was looking at getting the Logitech MX Keys and MX3 but it was way out of budget.
At $79.99 it’s a great value, keyboard and mouse are comfortable for my wfh solution.
Jan 19, 2009
18 posts
16 upvotes
I bought this in the spring and have been very disappointed. Notice that the keyboard is not full: it doesn't have the regular home/end/page-up/page-down buttons, but makes the numberpad buttons double up. Not great if your use-case involves word-processing and number-crunching. Also, the mouse lags on bluetooth (and I'm not even a gamer) and I have repeatedly had issues with key's 'sticking' (not actually sticking but the input sticks such that I end up with a row of rrrrrrrrrrr's or whatever). This is one person's experience, but when I saw this offer I was a little triggered, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6621 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I assume it comes with a wireless usb dongle like Logitech. Which means the other two computers will need BT? Perhaps it's compatible with the Logitech unify receiver?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Aug 5, 2006
16 posts
35 upvotes
Hi,

Could also consider KM717, with a more traditional keyboard layout (maybe too wide for OP's application). Currently on sale for $98:

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-pr ... ccessories

The KM717 can connect to 3 computers via the included dongle and Bluetooth LE.

Also uses standard batteries. Life seems OK so far.

I find the mouse a bit sensitive (even after adjustment) but overall the unit works well and avoids the frustration of bunched arrow keys and awkward controls.

The "arc" mouse and keyboard are OK but don't seem as solid as the Dell keyboard that came originally with a Dell AiO.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2910 posts
2460 upvotes
Toronto
number8888 wrote: I assume it comes with a wireless usb dongle like Logitech. Which means the other two computers will need BT? Perhaps it's compatible with the Logitech unify receiver?
Yes, it comes with a dongle and the dongle is stored in the mouse.
Yes, other two computers need Bluetooth.

No, not compatible with the Logitech Unifying receiver.

Dell Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo KM7120W User's Guide
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10303 posts
6665 upvotes
grantmp wrote: I bought this in the spring and have been very disappointed. Notice that the keyboard is not full: it doesn't have the regular home/end/page-up/page-down buttons, but makes the numberpad buttons double up. Not great if your use-case involves word-processing and number-crunching. Also, the mouse lags on bluetooth (and I'm not even a gamer) and I have repeatedly had issues with key's 'sticking' (not actually sticking but the input sticks such that I end up with a row of rrrrrrrrrrr's or whatever). This is one person's experience, but when I saw this offer I was a little triggered, lol.
Were you expecting it to grow those keys the more you use the keyboard?
Aug 8, 2020
4 posts
chatbox wrote: Were you expecting it to grow those keys the more you use the keyboard?

I had the same experience where it turns out to be a fairly difficult keyboard for Excel shortcuts - the page up/down/Home/End input are very useful for speedy spreadsheet navigation and require some flow-disturbing finger acrobatics on this keyboard for a while. I've used keyboards with less keys but better combo arrangements.

Like the other commenter, I also have noticed poor bluetooth connection when using my 7 year old personal computer (while fine with newer work laptop) so sometimes I move the 2.4ghz dongle around, but overall I like the keyboard/mouse combo well enough even so. Positive marks for easy-switching/size/aesthetics/taptics. If I did it again I'd get the bigger one.
Jan 19, 2009
18 posts
16 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Were you expecting it to grow those keys the more you use the keyboard?
Haha, that's fair. I should have looked more closely. As you see, though, I have other reasons to be disappointed. And if you click through, the photos they use on the website don't make the absence of dedicated keys obvious.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
199 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
benwat wrote:
I had the same experience where it turns out to be a fairly difficult keyboard for Excel shortcuts - the page up/down/Home/End input are very useful for speedy spreadsheet navigation and require some flow-disturbing finger acrobatics on this keyboard for a while. I've used keyboards with less keys but better combo arrangements.

Like the other commenter, I also have noticed poor bluetooth connection when using my 7 year old personal computer (while fine with newer work laptop) so sometimes I move the 2.4ghz dongle around, but overall I like the keyboard/mouse combo well enough even so. Positive marks for easy-switching/size/aesthetics/taptics. If I did it again I'd get the bigger one.
I think you can program the top F keys to your liking. I'll verify once I get it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2678 posts
3991 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jaydee63 wrote: Hi,

Could also consider KM717, with a more traditional keyboard layout (maybe too wide for OP's application). Currently on sale for $98:

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-pr ... ccessories

The KM717 can connect to 3 computers via the included dongle and Bluetooth LE.

Also uses standard batteries. Life seems OK so far.

I find the mouse a bit sensitive (even after adjustment) but overall the unit works well and avoids the frustration of bunched arrow keys and awkward controls.

The "arc" mouse and keyboard are OK but don't seem as solid as the Dell keyboard that came originally with a Dell AiO.
I just ordered the KM717 today to use for work. Gonna be replacing the corded keyboard I have now.
Dec 23, 2010
815 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
grantmp wrote: I bought this in the spring and have been very disappointed. Notice that the keyboard is not full: it doesn't have the regular home/end/page-up/page-down buttons, but makes the numberpad buttons double up. Not great if your use-case involves word-processing and number-crunching. Also, the mouse lags on bluetooth (and I'm not even a gamer) and I have repeatedly had issues with key's 'sticking' (not actually sticking but the input sticks such that I end up with a row of rrrrrrrrrrr's or whatever). This is one person's experience, but when I saw this offer I was a little triggered, lol.

wow that's a horrific layout. just no gaps. no spacing for the numpad. double size arrow keys. yikes.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10303 posts
6665 upvotes
benwat wrote: I had the same experience where it turns out to be a fairly difficult keyboard for Excel shortcuts - the page up/down/Home/End input are very useful for speedy spreadsheet navigation and require some flow-disturbing finger acrobatics on this keyboard for a while. I've used keyboards with less keys but better combo arrangements.

grantmp wrote: Haha, that's fair. I should have looked more closely. As you see, though, I have other reasons to be disappointed. And if you click through, the photos they use on the website don't make the absence of dedicated keys obvious.
The keyboard layout was the first thing a looked at...the lack of the traditional del/insert/home/end/page up/down keys killed it for me. For my usage, I usually go with TKL. Wireless wouldn't be my choice either. In a way, I'm fairly old-school when it comes to my keyboard preference (like Model M old-school).
Mar 26, 2010
164 posts
102 upvotes
personally i just use a KVM for my desk setup to switch between my work laptop and home pc
you could put the wireless dongle on there if you want to keep it clutter free or use wired keyboards but the KVM makes it simple and can basically use any keyboard / mouse combo to your liking and it's like 20$ or less

i use this one which even auto switches over to my dell dock once i plug in my laptop via thunderbolt
https://www.amazon.ca/Selector-ABLEWE-S ... 027&sr=8-5
Apr 11, 2003
681 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
Personally, I have the Logitech K850 BlueTooth and find it at least logically (haha) better than either of the Dell options here.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/logitec ... lsrc=aw.ds

Full keyboard. Bluetooth to multiple computers - no stupid dongle, and I mean, what computer doesn't have bluetooth at this point? Add THAT via a $3 dongle if needed. Also works with tablets and such. Picked up cheap a few years ago a few of them as refurbs, and they work awesome.
Nov 23, 2016
14 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone used this Dell keyboard/mouse combo on a Mac? How’s it?
Oct 16, 2011
78 posts
55 upvotes
HuorCulnamo wrote: Has anyone used this Dell keyboard/mouse combo on a Mac? How’s it?

I have. I have the dongle attached to my pc and use Bluetooth to connect to my MacBook.

It works perfectly fine for both systems. The windows key works like the apple key.

I do dislike the arrow keys being so small but other than that I love the heft of the mouse. I use it more than my Magic Trackpad. Super easy to switch between pc and Mac with a dedicated selection button on both mouse and keyboard. Typing on the keyboard is much better than the awful butterfly keys on my 2016 MacBook pro.