[Dell] DELL Precision 3240 Compact WorkStation(USFF) 2.3L i3-10100/8G $279/$313 i5-10500/8G $419/$470
- Deal Link:
It is not for PC gamers. Please do not compare it with tower or SFF.
This is not a plug-and-play deal as you need to purchase an SSD and extra RAMs to finish this build.And yes, I know the AMD Ryzen 5 is better than Intel 10th I5, but there is no Ryzen 5 USFF workstation at this price range.
The Dell Precision 3240 Compact is a brand-new workstation line announced this year.
It is the smallest workstation that Dell has ever built.
How small it is? Only 2.3L!
Dimensions & Weight1. Height: 188.10 mm (7.40") | 2. Width: 70.20 mm (2.76") | 3. Depth: 178.65 mm (7.03") | 4. Starting Weight: 1.71 kg (3.77 lbs)*
Lenovo Tiny 1L<Precision 3240 Compact(USFF) 2.3L<Lenovo SFF 8L
If you are looking for a smaller build that has PCIe like me, I think this could be your best choice right now.
How to get the deal:
1. Sign Up for Dell 10% email coupon: https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup ... &c=ca&l=en
2. Go to https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/de ... orkstation
3. Click the “Customize & Buy” button of the $789 configuration.
- Processor Intel Core i5-10500 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.1GHz, up to 4.5GHz) +$190
- Operating System Ubuntu Linux 18.04 -$195
- Storage Configuration (Boot Drive) C1 2.5 inch Boot HD $0
- Hard Drive 500GB 5400rpm SATA 2.5" HDD -$160
- Internal Speakers Internal speaker $0
6. Enter the 10% Email Coupon and "SAVE50SBAFFFY21Q3" 50OFF
7. The total price should be $511.6
How to make this deal hotter?
1. Ebates is offering Dell for work 8% cashback!
2. Amex Dell 10% cashback is still available!
The lowest price after two cashback should be $419.5
I understand that not everyone has the Amex offer, so let’s say $470.7
What will you get for $470.7 or $419.5?
3 years Warranty (3 Years Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service)
Intel 10th i5 10500
Intel W480 Chipset
8G DDR4 2666
2 X DP (Two 4K @60Hz)
3 X M2 (1 for WIFI; 2 for SSD)
1 X PCI-E 8X Low Profile
Ports & Slots1. Power button | 2. Universal Audio Jack | 3. Audio Line out / Line in port | 4. USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C™ (10Gbs) | 5. USB 3.2 Gen 2 with PowerShare (10Gbs) | 6. RJ-45 | 7. USB 3.2 Gen 1 with SmartPower-On | 8. USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbs) | 9. USB 3.2 Gen 1 | 10. Wedge lock | 11. Displayport 1.4 | 12. Displayport 1.4 | 13. Power adapter port
For your reference, I also added these two options to my build:
Wireless: Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Dual Band (2x2) Wireless Adapter + Bluetooth 4.1 with Ext. Whip Antenna $30I don’t need the WIFI because Hackintosh doesn’t support Qualcomm WIFI. But adding a WIFI will give you the preinstalled Antenna cable and Antenna.
Optional Integrated Video or USB Ports: Optional USB Type-C PCIe Card $30This USB-C has DP1.4 signal, $30 is a sweet price.
Why do I think this one is better than the Acer and Lenovo one for me?
1. It is a workstation with 3 years warranty.
2. It is a USFF.
3. 1 more M2
4. After 3 years, I could put in a Xeon W-1290 and ECC Memory to turn it into a server.
You can find more information about the inside of this USFF here: https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/precisi ... _en-us.pdf
Full Specifications can be found here: https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/ca ... lang=en-us
Update 1: Thanks to @imtonyho!
The -50 coupon and 10% OFF are stackable!!!!!