Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] DELL Precision 3240 Compact WorkStation(USFF) 2.3L i3-10100/8G $279/$313 i5-10500/8G $419/$470

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 1:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
IslandDeal wrote: Thanks CalgaryRunner!

I've been having issues for about 1 year, after a big WIN 10 update. After Reboot/Restart/Cold start My PC stays at the Dell Logo for 1 to 2 minutes with a spinning circle. I tried to fight this with Dell's Tech Support and even if the issue is BEFORE the windows boot, DELL kept blaming the software for which I had no support, maintenance or warranty.

(All my drivers, including CMOS are up to date and all Dell and 3rd party diagnostics always pass.)
Looks like the latest BIOS version for a XPS 8900 is version 2.8.0, released on August 6, 2020. Have you installed that version yet?

A slow boot could point to an issue with your DRAM. If you haven't already run Memtest86, try downloading and running that. As well, if your system has more than one DIMM, you could try removing the DIMMs one at a time and reboot the system to see if that shortens the boot time.
Last edited by CalgaryRunner on Sep 15th, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Oct 18, 2019
185 posts
85 upvotes
GTA West
Taiphun wrote: Ordered at 2am MST this morning and got confirmation right after. Check your spam box.
Yeah, I found the email, thanks
Oct 18, 2019
185 posts
85 upvotes
GTA West
brampton90 wrote: i just ordered using my saved cart. got order confirmation email as well. thanks op. my first desktop purchase ( or computer in general ) from rfd. total comes to $415.39 for i3 in ontario.

6TSN60BT6L?R8C
6TTF6BQ62B2CKK

unused codes
why didn't you get it for $384.88

https://i.postimg.cc/qqny4N53/Dell.png
Oct 18, 2019
185 posts
85 upvotes
GTA West
IslandDeal wrote: Thanks CalgaryRunner!

I've been having issues for about 1 year, after a big WIN 10 update. After Reboot/Restart/Cold start My PC stays at the Dell Logo for 1 to 2 minutes with a spinning circle. I tried to fight this with Dell's Tech Support and even if the issue is BEFORE the windows boot, DELL kept blaming the software for which I had no support, maintenance or warranty.

(All my drivers, including CMOS are up to date and all Dell and 3rd party diagnostics always pass.)
If I were you I would do a clean install of windows without the dell bloatware software ( Recovery Disc ) . Reformat the whole drive, download windows from Microsoft site unto a flash drive and do a clean install
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6251 posts
2096 upvotes
What's the best video card that you can put in this that's cheap? Just bought 2 i3 and 2 i5. Will sell at cost if I decide not to keep it.
Nov 15, 2005
91 posts
5 upvotes
Sonofman wrote: why didn't you get it for $384.88

https://i.postimg.cc/qqny4N53/Dell.png
Base price increased looks like, same happened to me. Still a good deal.

Subtotal: $979.63
Order Level Promotion (ex VAT): -$585.03
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
PST: $0.00
GST: $0.00
HST: $51.30
Total Amount: $445.90
Jul 29, 2007
642 posts
346 upvotes
North America
Hey all, hmm, anyone try or know if this PC is Hackintosh-able? I really think this would be budget "Hackintosh" desktop...
I think I'm going for one and getting a hackintosh laptop as well, since my desktop/laptop combo is about 10 years old!!
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Dec 26, 2007
397 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver
brampton90 wrote: I added $30 wifi card as well i am not sure if yours have that.
I wonder what is the difference between the "puck" and "whip" wifi. Ended up ordering the whip, hopefully has an external antenna.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3249 posts
1286 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this dead? I don't see Ubuntu and a way to drop the drive?
Sep 27, 2007
297 posts
404 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
shylok wrote: Is this dead? I don't see Ubuntu and a way to drop the drive?
Yes, they changed everything today. We don't even know if we will get our orders...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3249 posts
1286 upvotes
Ottawa
hackett40 wrote: Yes, they changed everything today. We don't even know if we will get our orders...
Ok, best of luck
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3226 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
I went to the page to order, could not configure the system the same as I had bought last night. I asked "chat" whether I could get a system like I had ordered last night. He went off for a while and then told me to phone my "dedicated account manager".

My order has not been confirmed.

She made noises that sometimes configurations are no longer available and that she would investigate and get back to me by the end of day. This did not happen. And my order still has not been confirmed.

I guess they've run out of disk drives (unlikely). Or maybe Ubuntu -- how can you run out of that? I've got plenty here. Anyway, if they didn't want to sell it they should not have sold it.

She said online sales are completely disconnected from what she does. She cannot see what they are doing. So why did the online chat send me to her?
Sep 27, 2007
297 posts
404 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
Hugh wrote: I went to the page to order, could not configure the system the same as I had bought last night. I asked "chat" whether I could get a system like I had ordered last night. He went off for a while and then told me to phone my "dedicated account manager".

My order has not been confirmed.

She made noises that sometimes configurations are no longer available and that she would investigate and get back to me by the end of day. This did not happen. And my order still has not been confirmed.

I guess they've run out of disk drives (unlikely). Or maybe Ubuntu -- how can you run out of that? I've got plenty here. Anyway, if they didn't want to sell it they should not have sold it.

She said online sales are completely disconnected from what she does. She cannot see what they are doing. So why did the online chat send me to her?
They are very badly organised for a company this big. I have been ordering online for over about 20 years and it's the first time I have not received a confirmation email after more than 24 hours. Even on week-ends it's usually done automatically everywhere else but not them. It's like they don't use their computers to run the site.