Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell S2721DGF 27" 165Hz IPS Monitor $469

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 2:49 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2015
779 posts
697 upvotes

[Dell] Dell S2721DGF 27" 165Hz IPS Monitor $469

On sale for $549.99, add in 10%OFFMONITOR coupon to make it $494 + tax.

Add in 2% Rakuten + 3% Dell Advantage for $469 price.
Last edited by saberon2016 on Sep 4th, 2020 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
59 replies
Member
Feb 19, 2017
478 posts
311 upvotes
Hot deal. Have had my eye on this for a while, was hoping to read some reviews on it from rtings, pcmonitors, etc. before pulling the trigger.

Anyone recall if ebates/rakuten had a good percentage for Dell last Labour Day?
Newbie
Sep 26, 2016
1 posts
In for one.
Seems to be equivalent to the Lenovo Y27q-20 (LG panel) but finally with a standard power plug and internal power brick, perfect for my existing cable management.
Thanks OP!
Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2019
328 posts
789 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I love dell monitors, and this looks like a dream. With that being said, dell can be very hit and miss sometimes ( broken hinge, coil issue xps anyone?), so I'm going to sit this out till more reviews come in, and hopefully We get a lower price on Black Friday. Awesome deal though.

Edit- Anyone who buy this, please do chime in afterwards.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Sep 4th, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Dec 2, 2013
93 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
The technical specs say this is 144Hz: Native Resolution 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz

I have the previous generation of this model and it's fantastic for gaming. They upgraded to IPS so the picture quality should be much better.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2015
779 posts
697 upvotes
Rolo730 wrote: The technical specs say this is 144Hz: Native Resolution 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz

I have the previous generation of this model and it's fantastic for gaming. They upgraded to IPS so the picture quality should be much better.
Correct, but you can officially overclock it in the menu OSD to 165Hz
Member
Feb 3, 2019
364 posts
491 upvotes
Canada
Patrickpete wrote: I love dell monitors, and this looks like a dream. With that being said, dell can be very hit and miss sometimes ( broken hinge, coil issue xps anyone?), so I'm going to sit this out till more reviews come in, and hopefully We get a lower price on Black Friday. Awesome deal though.

Edit- Anyone who buy this, please do chime in afterwards.
Are you comparing Dell laptop issues with potential Dell monitor issues?
Live a little
Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2019
328 posts
789 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
Jackji wrote: Are you comparing Dell laptop issues with potential Dell monitor issues?
Its not really a direct comparison. Just a bit of my experience that relates with dell and QC issues. 500 is a lot for a monitor, and returns are a hassle. Never hurts to be on the cautious side.
Newbie
Dec 2, 2013
93 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
haljackey wrote: How does it compare to this 28 inch 4k monitor on sale for 290?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... k/14539789
There's lots of difference.
The Dell has:
- an IPS panel (better)
- a faster refresh rate
- G-Sync compatible
- HDR compliant
- has a USB hub
- the stand is very adjustable compared to no adjustment for the ASUS.

That ASUS has two things going for it. 4k resolution and price.
Member
Aug 16, 2006
436 posts
115 upvotes
Tried to cancel the order because I entered the wrong shipping address.
Dell offered $24 to not cancel the order.
Member
Dec 24, 2008
210 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Gah, I ordered the S2421HGF yesterday... Time to cancel...
Last edited by doh23 on Sep 4th, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top