Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell Black Friday

Dell S3422DWG, Ultrawide 34" 144Hz $431.99 + tax - 15% rakuten (final price $424.07)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2022 2:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver

[Dell] [Black Friday] Dell S3422DWG, Ultrawide 34" 144Hz $431.99 + tax - 15% rakuten (final price $424.07)

Dell has their 34" ultrawide gaming monitor (VA panel) on sale for $479.99. Use coupon code: 10%offmonitor to reduce the price to $431.99 + tax. Rakuten also has 15% cashback for Dell purchases right now. That equals to $64.80 for those in BC. I got my cashback confirmation after about 1 hour.

The math for those in BC =

$488.87 (Dell after tax price) - $64.80 cash back or $427.07 after tax and rebates (equals to roughly $379 before tax). I believe this is an all time low but i could be wrong.

Rtings review

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3422dwg
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3219 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
Use the code below for an additional 10% off

10%OFFMONITOR
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2243 posts
668 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
FYI: I bought and returned this monitor last year due to the VA smearing and VRR issues. Unfortunately most VA UW monitors in this price range will have similar issues. I ended up buying an Acer Predator (much more expensive). YMMV
Jul 5, 2021
141 posts
147 upvotes
errational wrote: FYI: I bought and returned this monitor last year due to the VA smearing and VRR issues. Unfortunately most VA UW monitors in this price range will have similar issues. I ended up buying an Acer Predator (much more expensive). YMMV
I bought one last year as well and it has a flickering issue. The two replacements they sent also had the same problem so I ended up getting a refund. Might be a bad batch...?
Apr 20, 2011
273 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Paigne wrote: Dell has their 34" ultrawide gaming monitor (VA panel) on sale for $479.99. Use coupon code: 10%offmonitor to reduce the price to $431.99 + tax. Rakuten also has 15% cashback for Dell purchases right now. That equals to $64.80 for those in BC. I got my cashback confirmation after about 1 hour.

The math for those in BC =

$488.87 (Dell after tax price) - $64.80 cash back or $427.07 after tax and rebates (equals to roughly $379 before tax). I believe this is an all time low but i could be wrong.

Rtings review

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s3422dwg
I ordered last night and haven't gotten any confirmation of CB from Rakuten. What does your order status show? Mine syas "In production".
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2243 posts
668 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
IgnitedX wrote: I bought one last year as well and it has a flickering issue. The two replacements they sent also had the same problem so I ended up getting a refund. Might be a bad batch...?
I think there's inherent problems with the VRR implementation on these VA panels. If I remember correctly the minimum refresh rate for VRR is very high and you get bad backlight flickering as it moves in and out of the VRR range.
Jul 16, 2013
20 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
I have it and no smear or tearing or flickering. Set 144mhz and gsync works also.
Apr 24, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
elpaso wrote: Use the code below for an additional 10% off

10%OFFMONITOR

AWWWWWW! this doesnt apply to the OLEDS Crying Face
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2188 posts
4573 upvotes
Mississauga
zerocool_maverick wrote: I ordered last night and haven't gotten any confirmation of CB from Rakuten. What does your order status show? Mine syas "In production".
I just talked to Rakuten and my CB got posted for my purchase from this morning. Had to provide them with purchase details including order no. That production note is applicable for "laptops and desktops" as the monitor only needs to be shipped. Mine says the same but it has a ship date: Nov. 25th and receive by date of December 2, 2022.
Last edited by jadoogar on Nov 24th, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, 70GB bonus data each line, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Apr 24, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
errational wrote: I think there's inherent problems with the VRR implementation on these VA panels. If I remember correctly the minimum refresh rate for VRR is very high and you get bad backlight flickering as it moves in and out of the VRR range.
correct. Anything bellow 60fps causes VRR and gsync to fail on this model.
Nov 24, 2018
273 posts
355 upvotes
Thoughts on this for productivity instead of gaming? Is U3421WE worth the higher price compared to this?
Jul 5, 2021
141 posts
147 upvotes
errational wrote: I think there's inherent problems with the VRR implementation on these VA panels. If I remember correctly the minimum refresh rate for VRR is very high and you get bad backlight flickering as it moves in and out of the VRR range.
But I wasn't even playing games. I was just browsing Amazon & RFD while working.... who knows.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
Don't trust rakuten. I bought another monitor from Dell (the QLED) 2 weeks ago and didn't receive the rebate. And this is second time it happened. Do NOT figure out Rakuten when you are calculating value. Maybe it's time to stop giving Rakuten shout outs.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
zerocool_maverick wrote: I ordered last night and haven't gotten any confirmation of CB from Rakuten. What does your order status show? Mine syas "In production".
"in production" checked, eta shipped tomorrow, Did you disable ad blocker before ordering? If so, check rakuten to see if it has the ticket for you going to dell last night.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Zook123 wrote: Thoughts on this for productivity instead of gaming? Is U3421WE worth the higher price compared to this?
This is ok for productivity but you might want to consider a 4k display with lower refresh rate for that as an alternative. After all refresh rate shouldnt matter for you if you arent using it for gaming so you would get a higher DPI on a regular 4k monitor. There should be quite a few on sale for around this price range (tho 32" not 34").
Apr 20, 2011
273 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Paigne wrote: "in production" checked, eta shipped tomorrow, Did you disable ad blocker before ordering? If so, check rakuten to see if it has the ticket for you going to dell last night.
Thanks. Yes I made sure Rakuten had access to my order. I got a confirmation for Rakuten on another item from a different website but never got confirmation for the dell on. I ha e already opened a ticket with them. Let's see if the send me the $64 and change.
May 20, 2007
90 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I've had a few problems with Rakuten in the past purchasing things though my desktop browser (with adblock disabled). I now only use the Rakuten app on my iPad and I've had no problems. The transaction will immediately show on the app indicating status. I bought something this morning and it showed as pending.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Mookmeister wrote: I've had a few problems with Rakuten in the past purchasing things though my desktop browser (with adblock disabled). I now only use the Rakuten app on my iPad and I've had no problems. The transaction will immediately show on the app indicating status. I bought something this morning and it showed as pending.
A lot of users have reported issues with Rakuten, which is why i waited for mine to show up before making the thread. For reference, i used Chrome on desktop with ad blockers disabled. Also no Honey installed since that sometime creates issues with referrals too.
Aug 21, 2019
830 posts
609 upvotes
BC
In for 1, doubt we'll get a new ATL until next year.

This one better then the lenovo gigabyte with 1800r curve apparently.

First time using rakuten, hope they pay.

Used the rakuten app
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3219 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
aos007 wrote: Don't trust rakuten. I bought another monitor from Dell (the QLED) 2 weeks ago and didn't receive the rebate. And this is second time it happened. Do NOT figure out Rakuten when you are calculating value. Maybe it's time to stop giving Rakuten shout outs.
I don't have any problems with rakuten. If you haven't received your cashback, ask for it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)