[Dell] Dell U3415W 34'' Curved Monitor $532.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 2:58 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14165 posts
26590 upvotes
Scarborough
djemzine wrote: Nah. That was years ago! I just caved in, even though I don't need it. Wait I do... I wanted to upgrade my 27" IPS LG monitor from 2014 lol.
I'm still rocking a 24" from 2008. It's so old that it has a built in compact flash slot! :lol:

Trying to figure out what the return policy is on this right now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: I'm still rocking a 24" from 2008. It's so old that it has a built in compact flash slot! :lol:

Trying to figure out what the return policy is on this right now.
Let us know what the return policy is haha. I have no issues with mine - works like a charm. Only issue I have is the size. I want bigger haha.
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
Here is the policy from their website in general:

https://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cacorp ... returns-ca
Dell values its relationship with you, and offers you the option to return most products you purchase directly from Dell. You may return eligible products for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and any applicable restocking fees, as set forth in detail below.

POLICY

30-Day Return Period for Certain Hardware, Software Products and Accessories:

Except as provided below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts may be returned to Dell up to 30 days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and any applicable restocking fees and taxes if already paid.

Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return, and the customer will not receive credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.

Refunds or exchanges for defective merchandise can be made within 30 days of receipt of the merchandise.
Proud to be an Indian.
107 posts
74 upvotes
Surrey
So weird 549 in chrome and ebates work. 600+ on firefox then 10%OFFMONITOR works but still 566.
I guess I'll order in chrome.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14186 posts
5386 upvotes
Ottawa
In for 1.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
Given that one user mentioned they've had it for 3 years now. So perhaps a 2014/2015 release date?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jul 12, 2005
2325 posts
256 upvotes
North York
Relatively speaking, how good is this monitor compared to the ones talked about here these days? Freesync & Gsync, TN vs IPS, resolution, etc.? Can anyone comment on flat vs curved appeal of a monitor as well? I'm currently using a 24" Dell UltraSharp from who knows how long, must be like...10 years old!
[OP]
Sep 28, 2015
648 posts
488 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
djemzine wrote: Thanks. So what is the advantage of USB-C in a monitor?

Also when was the product release? Debating if I should upgrade a monitor from 2014.
The USB-C ones can charge your laptop and connect display using one single cable, but only if you laptop supports USB-C charging. If you are using a desktop, this is not much value.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2015
648 posts
488 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bizznatches wrote: So weird 549 in chrome and ebates work. 600+ on firefox then 10%OFFMONITOR works but still 566.
I guess I'll order in chrome.
$549? I cannot get that price in any browser
Dec 9, 2006
352 posts
123 upvotes
Markham
How do you get $549 in chrome?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1160 posts
514 upvotes
AriStar wrote: hmm, seems like a good deal.. still waiting for a god discount on the AW3418DW
The ebates and coupon should work on this monitor as well, on top of its current sale price. Puts it at around $1058.
I have the AW3418DW and it's a nice monitor, but you need a beast of a GPU to take advantage of this.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
warmdeals wrote: The USB-C ones can charge your laptop and connect display using one single cable, but only if you laptop supports USB-C charging. If you are using a desktop, this is not much value.
Thanks for confirming. It will be used for my Main PC from 2012 or my Macbook Pro mid 2012. Have no USB C devices.

Seems like the price is good, compared to another Samsung monitor of the same size and that one is around the $950 on sale at Canada Computers.
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 8, 2003
9213 posts
1442 upvotes
Richmond Hill
5 years old product
Can't seem to Stack coupons
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6439 upvotes
wlee wrote: 5 years old product
Can't seem to Stack coupons
Why is it so high in terms of the regular price for a 5 year old product? I paid $350 for my 27" LG IPS LED monitor during the NCIX Spring warehouse sale in 2014 and at the time, the retail price was $800 ish.

Still a good buy at this price for this Dell monitor? I now find that the price of this monitor is high given its age.
Proud to be an Indian.