Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell U3415W 34" IPS Ultrawide 3440x1440 $728.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 7:19 pm
Mar 9, 2014
243 posts
274 upvotes
Ottawa
McGarnagle wrote: Can anyone recommend a wide screen monitor that's at least 1440p, has USB C, USB A upstream, but also USB A downstream ports?
The newer model of this monitor or even one version up U341(7)W or U341(9)W

Also, LG warranty has horrendous stories on amazon and other websites.
Mar 11, 2007
106 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
McGarnagle wrote: Can anyone recommend a wide screen monitor that's at least 1440p, has USB C, USB A upstream, but also USB A downstream ports?
Bought a lenovo p44w-10 two months ago for 800 bucks off kijiji, new in box. Very happy with it.
Mar 19, 2009
398 posts
208 upvotes
Bought this 3 years ago for my wife and she loved it.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18020 posts
10814 upvotes
Ottawa
coffeebean wrote: wait for OLEDs to come in monitor sizes.

It's coming soon since LG (the only tv oled panel manufacturer) is opening up their market.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/ ... tv_panels/
I'm not convinced that OLEDs are a good thing for monitors. Burn-in is a real thing, and I tend to have a lot of static images while using a computer. Maybe screensavers will be back in fashion,
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5068 posts
8396 upvotes
Canada
Hyper9 wrote: People thinking of get this old Dell monitor should rather pre-order this LG one. Same dimensions but much newer technology and value for money overall.

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-34WN750-B-Ultr ... de+&sr=8-7
Really depends what you are using it for. HDR10 is not valuable for many using it for productivity. That has a crappy stand that is not very adjustable, no VESA compatibility, no curve, not sure about the anti-glare coating. For me working in a bright room with windows the anti-glare treatment is crucial and the Dells just nail that for whatever reason. I agree that it is a good alternative though depending on what you want.

I said this monitor is older in the OP and that's true, but Dell is the #1 monitor brand in the world for a reason. Quality, longevity and good features for business especially. Their newer USB C version was available yesterday for $900, if people need newer stuff they can wait for that to go on sale again.
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Really depends what you are using it for. HDR10 is not valuable for many using it for productivity. That has a crappy stand that is not very adjustable, no VESA compatibility, no curve, not sure about the anti-glare coating. For me working in a bright room with windows the anti-glare treatment is crucial and the Dells just nail that for whatever reason. I agree that it is a good alternative though depending on what you want.

I said this monitor is older in the OP and that's true, but Dell is the #1 monitor brand in the world for a reason. Quality, longevity and good features for business especially. Their newer USB C version was available yesterday for $900, if people need newer stuff they can wait for that to go on sale again.
It doesn't have HDR 10 in real, it's just a marketing term LG uses. This monitor cannot sustain 1000 nits brightness in any circumstances..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5085 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
Viper98 wrote: Other than HFR monitor technology is basically unchanged in that time period. IPS displays haven't actually received any improvements to display technology other than color gamut since inception.
This OCO technology from ASUS is interesting. A bit like the A-TW filter (can't remember if this it the correct name for it) that was last seen on NEC monitors several years ago. But I doubt we will see it in other than top end content creation type monitors for several years yet if at all.

Edit: my heart stopped when I saw the price of the PA32UCX ~ $5000 CDN on Memory Express.

Last edited by NewsyL on Jul 3rd, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1283 posts
795 upvotes
Dont get me wrong, i love this monitor and still have it. But i paid barely a few bucks north of what the price is five years later? How is this not on clearance for like $500?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1193 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: I'm sure that will be cheap Face With Tears Of Joy
That's the whole premise of the open-cell business model.

Anyone can use the panels, so manufacturers like Vizio or Hisense, or even bargain basement brands can buy these panels and use cost cutting / inferior electronics to drive the OLED panels making it affordable to the cheap people of RFD lol
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15937 posts
7531 upvotes
London
Kyaku wrote: Dont get me wrong, i love this monitor and still have it. But i paid barely a few bucks north of what the price is five years later? How is this not on clearance for like $500?
Why put it on clearance if it hasn't been replaced?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1503 posts
1051 upvotes
Toronto
Kyaku wrote: Dont get me wrong, i love this monitor and still have it. But i paid barely a few bucks north of what the price is five years later? How is this not on clearance for like $500?
Home office equipment like monitors have been in demand since COVID.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1179 posts
663 upvotes
I have owned this for about 5 years and it's still outstanding, love it. Not sure on the current pricing but you won't regret the screen itself.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1457 posts
1012 upvotes
lol 1160.90 before the fake savings. And they still didn't offer an appropriate price reduction. Nice one Dell!
Aug 31, 2006
473 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Viper98 wrote: Why put it on clearance if it hasn't been replaced?
Isn't it 2 models behind now? The U3417W and the U3419W?
Jan 28, 2015
246 posts
770 upvotes
Montreal
MrBigNose wrote: How did you stack 10%offmonitor with unidays?
I tried them on U2719DC, failed all the time. These coupons are exclusive.
I might be wrong there. I just remember the final cost was $775 ($750 if you count the Dell cashback received). Ebates/Rakuten was ~15% or something crazy at the time as well.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18020 posts
10814 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, the screen itself is great. It's missing a few features that the newer models have.

A lot of current models seem to have gone to a 1900R or lower to more closely "wrap" around your field of vision. I would pay more for that reason alone because I tend to sit closer to the monitor and I find my eyes refocusing when I look at stuff in the middle vs the edge. You also need to install some window management utilities (Dell's Display Manager isn't bad) to fine tune the snapping of the windows. I find the 4 quadrant snapping of windows to be too limiting.

The PBP feature sounds good in theory, but the monitor doesn't split itself into two 1720x1440 monitors, and if you try to display 2 devices at once, it isn't really usable at all. I was hoping I could have my Mac running on the same screen as my PC with side by side windows displayed at 1:1
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info