Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell Black Friday

Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor: U2720QM $431.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2022 4:59 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2006
42 posts
100 upvotes

[Dell] [Black Friday] Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor: U2720QM $431.99

Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor: U2720QM

Original Price: $879.99
Black Friday Price: $479.99
Price with coupon 10%OFFMONITOR: $431.99

Highlights of the specification:
* 27 inch 4K IPS Display
* Colour Gamut: 95% DCI-P3 wide, 99% Rec 709, 99% sRGB
* VESA DisplayHDR™ 400
* USB-C with 90W Power Delivery
* Height, pivot (rotation), swivel, tilt adjustable
* 3 Years Advanced Exchange Service
15 replies
Sep 29, 2022
229 posts
236 upvotes
DisplayPort 1.4
HDMI (HDCP)
USB-C upstream/DisplayPort Alt Mode with Power Delivery

:(

Come on, give me two USB C ports so I can use the monitor as a kvm
[OP]
May 23, 2006
42 posts
100 upvotes
RearmedLif wrote: DisplayPort 1.4
HDMI (HDCP)

I think you can use this monitor as a KVM switch. You can connect one computer to the USB-C port, and another computer to the HDMI or DP port. Then connect your wired keyboard and mouse to the two USB ports on the monitor. Install the Dell Display Manager on both computers and you can switch between the two computers using a hot key. (e.g. CTRL-ALT-c)
Sep 29, 2022
229 posts
236 upvotes
Nippon wrote: I think you can use this monitor as a KVM switch. You can connect one computer to the USB-C port, and another computer to the HDMI or DP port. Then connect your wired keyboard and mouse to the two USB ports on the monitor. Install the Dell Display Manager on both computers and you can switch between the two computers using a hot key. (e.g. CTRL-ALT-c)
It's neat Dell has its own software solution.

I'm need kvm support so I can toggle between my work pc and personal pc.

I can't install software on my work pc, so a hardware solution is the only way.

Currently have a clunky vga kvm that I use to share the keyboard and mouse, but having that built into the monitor would reduce an action.
Apr 7, 2005
644 posts
134 upvotes
RearmedLif wrote: It's neat Dell has its own software solution.

I'm need kvm support so I can toggle between my work pc and personal pc.

I can't install software on my work pc, so a hardware solution is the only way.

Currently have a clunky vga kvm that I use to share the keyboard and mouse, but having that built into the monitor would reduce an action.
The Gigabyte M28u has a hardware KVM built-in, it's on sale at Canada Computers for $599 if your local store has stock. I use the KVM function to switch between my work and personal computers without any issues.
Nov 15, 2016
516 posts
443 upvotes
Deal Expired, that was quick. Was on the fence from last week during the BF sale
Jun 15, 2016
380 posts
235 upvotes
Toad99 wrote: Deal Expired, that was quick. Was on the fence from last week during the BF sale
I don’t think this specific monitor was on sale during BF week? If so it was a better deal since there was 15% with Rakuten
Nov 17, 2018
126 posts
59 upvotes
HDMI (HDCP)

what is a KVM?
Nov 17, 2018
126 posts
59 upvotes
Nippon wrote: Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor: U2720QM

Original Price: $879.99
Black Friday Price: $479.99
Price with coupon 10%OFFMONITOR: $431.99

Highlights of the specification:
* 27 inch 4K IPS Display
* Colour Gamut: 95% DCI-P3 wide, 99% Rec 709, 99% sRGB
* VESA DisplayHDR™ 400
* USB-C with 90W Power Delivery
* Height, pivot (rotation), swivel, tilt adjustable
* 3 Years Advanced Exchange Service
hmmm… $890 for the 43” ultra sharp….

rakuten is shit rn tho. i can wait.
Aug 31, 2011
361 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
BurnabyRich wrote: what is a KVM?
KVM is keyboard video mouse controller that allows you to use multiple computers using same keyboard video and mouse.

YouTube has a lot of videos on how to setup different brands to work together like PC and MACs for example.
Oct 24, 2019
948 posts
1809 upvotes
Edmonton
Maybe it is just me but I think the sweet spot for a 27" monitor is 1440p or 2880p(5K) so that the PPI is close to the perfect 110 or 220PPI.
If I'm going to pay extra over 1440p please give me 5K.
Nov 15, 2016
516 posts
443 upvotes
Mikenello wrote: I don’t think this specific monitor was on sale during BF week? If so it was a better deal since there was 15% with Rakuten
It was on sale last week, someone posted the deal link in the U2720QE thread (which is the newer version of this monitor).
MahlerMusic wrote: Maybe it is just me but I think the sweet spot for a 27" monitor is 1440p or 2880p(5K) so that the PPI is close to the perfect 110 or 220PPI.
If I'm going to pay extra over 1440p please give me 5K.
27" 1440p is a decent spot but it depends on the use-case. If your using multiple OS systems (Windows,Mac), it's better to have a 4k monitor. Mac is simply terrible at scaling or using a 1440p natively due to how it outputs ppi. 5k monitor? Yeah that's a good one, but prices are steep for that.
Nov 17, 2018
126 posts
59 upvotes
boomix wrote: KVM is keyboard video mouse controller that allows you to use multiple computers using same keyboard video and mouse.

YouTube has a lot of videos on how to setup different brands to work together like PC and MACs for example.
ohhhh i could really use that. i have a couple dell ultrasharps. a work computer and my mac… will check it out!!
Nov 15, 2016
516 posts
443 upvotes
Dell is pretty awesome! They canceled this order and offered me their latest QE version for the same price. Wow!
Images
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 10.18.23 AM.png
Nov 16, 2006
651 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
HDMI (HDCP)

A monitor with 2 USB-C ports would be pretty awesome, even better if they are able to stuff a bunch of USB ports in it too so it functions like a doc for both machines.

I shoehorned a KVM solution with a monitor, keyboard and mouse each of which allows me to toggle between 2 different machines. The monitor is Dell S2721QS and Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MK850 Combo. You can use BT or the receiver for your work computer and there is no software to install.

You would need to perform 3 actions to toggle between machines instead of 1. It's tolerable if the toggle is 1-2 times per day, not so much if its 5+.