Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB (Not Refurb) - $319.19 (Reg $349.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2014 8:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3197 posts
779 upvotes

[Dell] Dell Venue 8 Pro 64GB (Not Refurb) - $319.19 (Reg $349.99)

Haven't seen this posted yet.

Seems hot to me.

Here's the link in case the above doesn't work:

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/dell-venue-8-p ... enue-8-pro

Don't forget to use your favourite click thru site to get additional cash back.

Enjoy.

(Edit: Price is now higher. May not be that hot any more. Today (April 24) is last day of sale.)
37 replies
Jul 19, 2011
543 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Does it have a digitizer stylus?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1810 posts
701 upvotes
Calgary
Had this since Xmas purchased in Maui. Use it all the time and not even toucing my Surface 2.
US Costco had it with case for around $310 I think.
I was in Montana on the weekend and I think they had it for -$50 from that price.

The new stylus does work now and it is a Synaptics digitizer.
Not included.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1757 posts
851 upvotes
Alberta
Might pick this up...used the 32gb version on my trip to Japan for 3 weeks and it was pretty awesome, but sold it as I wanted the 64gb model but didn't want to pay the price (32gb was on sale for $200 just before I left, sold it for $220)
With the 32gb model you only have about 6GB left, and although you can get SD Card, I didn't feel like I wanted to mess with that as I read online that sometimes the cards don't work when coming out of sleep mode, so not sure. Hum...will decide by tonight...great tablets, I used to VPN back home and copy my tv shows over and watch them on VLC :D
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1141 upvotes
Mississauga East
$330 at FS

I am surprised that no one has complained yet that this is only Atom based
and not powerful enough to do real gaming on.

Dec 4, 2007
216 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been playing simpler games like Hearthstone, Awesomenauts and Super Meat Boy, all of which run quite well (the latter two using a bluetooth gamepad). It also ran Modern Warfare 2 OKAY (around 25-30 fps), although loading took forever from the SD card, and having to connect a keyboard and mouse totally defeated the purpose of having a tablet. I guess that's the main problem with real gaming on a windows tablet - having to separately connect and carry these peripherals, even if bluetooth. Much simpler to just use a laptop.
zz000ter wrote: $330 at FS

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3375 posts
1281 upvotes
Brampton
sweet, maybe people would upgrade to this and start selling their rt tablets or what not :D
nada
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2378 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
i dont understand why the venue 11 costs $600 more... it just has a slightly better processor and a bigger screen. is that really worth $600? the venue 8 is great, but its too small to do any actual work on.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6548 posts
6150 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gromacs wrote: Does it have a digitizer stylus?
The vivotab note 8 is the one you want, if you need a wacom digitizer. I grabbed the 64gb one for $350 from staples via PM + coupon a while ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
Been using the 32GB version for the last few weeks. Here are my comments:

+ Full 32-bit x86 Windows in your pocket. Pair it with a keyboard and mouse and you're golden.
+ Decent 1280x800 screen, just big/small-enough for Desktop mode to work.
+ Fast microSD slot
+ Supports OTG, but port is only USB 2.0 (controller is USB 3.0)
+ Targus makes a SafePort case for it (sorta like an Otterbox)
- Only 2GB RAM, non-expandable.
- Random WiFi/BT lockups, no thanks to Dell's 1538 wireless adapter, even after the March driver updates.
- Random sleep issues where the system locks up or "starts up" with the Dell logo (ie: crashed)
- Synaptics active stylus great when it works, but still has issues (eats up batteries, no "off" switch, can't adjust settings). Not too impressed with the fact that it uses super-rare AAAA batteries and no rechargeable AAAA exist. Worst part is that there aren't any alternatives.
- One speaker.

If I hadn't gotten the 32GB model for 200$, I would wait for the Surface Mini and see how it pans out.
Jan 12, 2004
164 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
zz000ter wrote: $330 at FS

You're comparing the cost of an entire tablet to the cost of ONLY a mid-grade desktop video card. This is relevant...how? How much do you expect a "real gaming" processor to go for? How much does your XBOX ONE or PS4 combined with a display cost?

li Arc
Matrixvibe wrote:I dunno for this deal. Last time I hoarded coffee I didn't sleep for a week.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: i dont understand why the venue 11 costs $600 more... it just has a slightly better processor and a bigger screen. is that really worth $600? the venue 8 is great, but its too small to do any actual work on.
and the fact that it doesn't have HDMI output. Together, the 11 is much better and worth the price difference. Beside, I think Atom based venue pro 11 is not 600 more.

I have given the 8 a deep thought but choose to pass as I already have a N7 so the venue 8 doesn't give me any added value
Feb 8, 2007
88 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
chimp wrote: and the fact that it doesn't have HDMI output. Together, the 11 is much better and worth the price difference. Beside, I think Atom based venue pro 11 is not 600 more.

I have given the 8 a deep thought but choose to pass as I already have a N7 so the venue 8 doesn't give me any added value
It's fairly a trivial task to get video out the Venue 8 Pro with a display link adapter . You can actually get power, video and a bunch of USB devices *simultaneously* out of that one USB port. I'm was doing this with mine. I'd agree that the added premium is not worth it for the Venue 11.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
prodigal.sun wrote: It's fairly a trivial task to get video out the Venue 8 Pro with a display link adapter . You can actually get power, video and a bunch of USB devices *simultaneously* out of that one USB port. I'm was doing this with mine. I'd agree that the added premium is not worth it for the Venue 11.
you mean connect it to an USB hub then branch off from there ? Trivial may be but too cumbersome for me. I am in a constant process of decluttering my wires and aux devices.
Aug 5, 2012
288 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you go through Dell website without OP link, it says save 15% today, 10% tomorrow. The 32GB version is still $299.99.

For those whose FS/BB store has the 64GB version in stock, you may ask them to price match Dell and try if you also get the $50GC as advertised on their flyers for the 32GB version.