Dell XPS 13 9360 Non-Touch 8GB, 256 GB SSD (1668-469 = 1199 $

[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
228 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga

[Dell] Dell XPS 13 9360 Non-Touch 8GB, 256 GB SSD (1668-469 = 1199 $

$469.00 savings and free shipping +MS office
I personally waiting for a better deal at boxing day (will there be any?)

EDIT : 8% cash back from ebates ( $1,103.08)
Last edited by 2becool on Dec 22nd, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
28 replies
[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
228 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
chatbox wrote: Background info:

In short, 9360 has the following issues:
Thermal throttling (Not Dell XPS specific)
Coil whine (Not Dell XPS specific)

However, 9360 has the following if you need them:
USB Type A port
SD Card slot / reader

Also this was on sale for $899 last month

microsoft-store-hot-dell-xps-13-3-9360- ... #p30168432
Oct 5, 2017
60 posts
27 upvotes
Surrey, BC
That's a very sold price for that configuration. I own last year's XPS 15 model with the 4K screen and I'm impressed with the build quality and performance.

I would be surprised if that price will drop much, especially as it comes with a one year Office subscription.

Have you checked Ebates for a Dell discount / cash back offer?
Oct 5, 2017
60 posts
27 upvotes
Surrey, BC
That's a very sold price for that configuration. I own last year's XPS 15 model with the 4K screen and I'm impressed with the build quality and performance.

I would be surprised if that price will drop much, especially as it comes with a one year Office subscription.

Sep 26, 2016
27 posts
62 upvotes
Not impressed with XPS... my keyboard is slowly failing (harder and harder keypresses needed, I would have to open it up and most probably break those fragile plastic inserts in the process). For the price that laptop was a few years ago, I had much better build quality before with my still working 10 yrs old inspiron 9400
Sep 22, 2012
330 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
TrickyTreeRed wrote: That's a very sold price for that configuration. I own last year's XPS 15 model with the 4K screen and I'm impressed with the build quality and performance.

I just bought one this morning and was going to post to see what people think of the deal.
Ebates is having 8% cash back on dell right now and they sent me an email saying I made $96 from dell.

I have been going back and forth between dell and hp. This laptop has very good reviews online and this 2017 is now shipped with the 8th gen processor (and still a bigger battery than the 2018 model) so battery life should be excellent.

From what I read, most “cons” is about the build in web cam which I don’t care about.

I think it’s a very good price for XPS laptop (that’s why I bite)
[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
228 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
Cuddlebudy wrote: I just bought one this morning and was going to post to see what people think of the deal.
Ebates is having 8% cash back on dell right now and they sent me an email saying I made $96 from dell.

I have been going back and forth between dell and hp. This laptop has very good reviews online and this 2017 is now shipped with the 8th gen processor (and still a bigger battery than the 2018 model) so battery life should be excellent.

From what I read, most “cons” is about the build in web cam which I don’t care about.

I think it’s a very good price for XPS laptop (that’s why I bite)
To buy or not to buy that is the question, I hope that i will not regret on boxing day if I bite this !

Not so good comments on reddit tho
https://old.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... 56_gb_ssd/
Last edited by 2becool on Dec 22nd, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9983 posts
6916 upvotes
Toronto
Bigboy16 wrote: Your also has a touch screen!
Yup I do prefer non-touch (slightly lighter and matte screen), but $300 more than previous sales is too much. Wait for another MS sale, and can upgrade to 1tb NVMe if you want with the savings.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12494 posts
3733 upvotes
not bad, you can get another 10% off from unidays
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Sep 22, 2012
330 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone knows if upgrading the ssd would void the warranty or not?
I always like to use my credit card to double the warranty but always worry any upgrade done by myself will void it.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
228 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
sexyj wrote: not bad, you can get another 10% off from unidays
isn't that violating ebates rules ?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9983 posts
6916 upvotes
Toronto
Cuddlebudy wrote: Anyone knows if upgrading the ssd would void the warranty or not?
I always like to use my credit card to double the warranty but always worry any upgrade done by myself will void it.
When I upgraded mine there was no warranty sticker, all you need is to take out some torx screws and the back cover comes off. So warranty should be fine, just follow the guide carefully.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Dell+XPS+1 ... ment/76058
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12494 posts
3733 upvotes
nop, ordered my xps15 and got 10% off and 150 from ebates
2becool wrote: isn't that violating ebates rules ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Sep 22, 2012
330 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Ship it for free and if you don’t love it, return it.
Buy Dell PCs, electronics or accessories and get free 5- to 7-day ground shipping. It’s easy, with no minimum purchase required. And if you decide something isn’t for you, just ship it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee*.

On purchases made 12 Nov 2018 to 25 Dec 2018, return deadline is 1/15/2019 or 30-days from invoice date, whichever is later. Excludes smartphones, related accessories and software if opened or downloaded. Exceptions to Dell's standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return at any time. Television returns are subject to restocking fees.

If it is cheaper for Boxing Day, I can always cancel the order or return it, right?!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5608 posts
1312 upvotes
This is a great price for an excellent machine. I have the QHD+ touchscreen version which came with 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. I upgraded to 2TB ssd easily and it should last me at least a couple of years.
2256 posts
81 upvotes
I was really interested in this when I saw it but then saw that the RAM is soldered on for the XPS 13. Hopefully they'll have a 16gb confi on sale soon.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2013
228 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
firehawk12 wrote: I was really interested in this when I saw it but then saw that the RAM is soldered on for the XPS 13. Hopefully they'll have a 16gb confi on sale soon.
That and knowing for another $80 you can get XPS 15 keeping me away :(