Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell XPS 15 7590 1080P/i7-9750H/32GB/1TB SSD/GTX1650 - $1959.99 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 2:30 am
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
6 posts
7 upvotes

[Dell] Dell XPS 15 7590 1080P/i7-9750H/32GB/1TB SSD/GTX1650 - $1959.99 (YMMV)

This is the lowest price I've seen for this build of the Dell XPS15. It's $350-off right now, but after chatting with the sales rep, I was able to bring the price further down to $1959.99 or about 20% off the regular price of $2499.99. It's the 2019 model, but at this point many of the kinks should have been ironed out with bios updates. Also it is ready to ship on 8/3!

Updated: To reflect typo in screen resolution
Images
  • dellxps15.png
Last edited by frugaleconomist on Aug 4th, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1482 posts
256 upvotes
Whitby
Code $100off$2000PC brings it down to $1999 without having to try your luck with a sales rep.
May 25, 2015
198 posts
185 upvotes
London, ON
OP, The display is 1080p not 4K.
Mar 11, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
Is the XPS available in UHD without touch? Further, what would be my options for a 4K laptop that’s not touch?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2868 posts
711 upvotes
Mars
how heavy is this thing, dell doesn't have this info in specs. what's the ram in it (brand)?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2586 posts
475 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
CanuckRxCheap wrote: Is the XPS available in UHD without touch? Further, what would be my options for a 4K laptop that’s not touch?
Yes, this model if you get the OLED model there is no touch.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2586 posts
475 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
I have the 9560 version of this laptop , and overall it's a good machine.

There are just a couple things I would like to highlight.

1. Thermal issues, if you plan to game on this then thermal throttling/shutdowns will occur. I tried many different thermal paste/pad applications and found that thermal grizzly kryonaut worked best. It still heats up quite a bit under load and will require undervolting to control temps.
2. Mic Array: if you are working from home and take calls using the laptop mic/speakers, then this simply won't work for you. I am extremely disappointed in the mic performance, and the only way users can hear me on calls is if I lift up the laptop and place the mic directly in front of my face. A headset is definitely required.

other than that, the laptop has been great for me in the 2.5 years I've owned it. The battery is starting to degrade and only lasts me 3-4 hours vs the 7-8 when new.
Sep 1, 2018
86 posts
98 upvotes
frugaleconomist wrote: This is the lowest price I've seen for this build of the Dell XPS15. It's $350-off right now, but after chatting with the sales rep, I was able to bring the price further down to $1959.99 or about 20% off the regular price of $2499.99. It's the 2019 model, but at this point many of the kinks should have been ironed out with bios updates. Also it is ready to ship on 8/3!
Why don’t you use Dell MPP for extra 10% or new signup coupon for extra 15%? Either is cheaper than the price you posted.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1017 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
bargain man wrote: I have the 9560 version of this laptop , and overall it's a good machine.

There are just a couple things I would like to highlight.

1. Thermal issues, if you plan to game on this then thermal throttling/shutdowns will occur. I tried many different thermal paste/pad applications and found that thermal grizzly kryonaut worked best. It still heats up quite a bit under load and will require undervolting to control temps.
2. Mic Array: if you are working from home and take calls using the laptop mic/speakers, then this simply won't work for you. I am extremely disappointed in the mic performance, and the only way users can hear me on calls is if I lift up the laptop and place the mic directly in front of my face. A headset is definitely required.

other than that, the laptop has been great for me in the 2.5 years I've owned it. The battery is starting to degrade and only lasts me 3-4 hours vs the 7-8 when new.
This model has completely redesigned internals so hopefully the thermal issues that plagued the previous versions will be resolved. I have a 9560 too and agree with it being the best laptop I ever owned.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1241 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto, ON
While this is a good deal but the new XPS 9500 with 16:10 screen looks so much better.
I have a 9570 and I am so tempted to upgrade...

One problem I have with dell xps in general is the bottom vents.
it does get hot and your laps block the vents easily if you dont use them on a desk.
I ended up using my macbook pro on my laps most of the time and the xps hooked up to tv and an eGPU as a desktop replacement.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1935 posts
353 upvotes
GTA
ericw wrote: While this is a good deal but the new XPS 9500 with 16:10 screen looks so much better.
I have a 9570 and I am so tempted to upgrade...

One problem I have with dell xps in general is the bottom vents.
it does get hot and your laps block the vents easily if you dont use them on a desk.
I ended up using my macbook pro on my laps most of the time and the xps hooked up to tv and an eGPU as a desktop replacement.
I'm interested in the new XPS as well but with regards to the heat, can't you put this on low power mode to limit the heat generated to use on the lap? I presume you can use the MBP cause Apple throttles it more so?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1241 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lg777 wrote: I'm interested in the new XPS as well but with regards to the heat, can't you put this on low power mode to limit the heat generated to use on the lap? I presume you can use the MBP cause Apple throttles it more so?
Actually MBP do not throttle more than XPS. MBP will allow it go full speed and 100C while XPS throttle quickly and drops the frequency to about 3.1GHz.
The problem is the design choice of bottom vents. I just never like the bottom vents.
The recent bios updates to fix intel's security flaws also disabled the options to underclock in Windows, BTW.
Feb 9, 2016
32 posts
15 upvotes
lg777 wrote: I'm interested in the new XPS as well but with regards to the heat, can't you put this on low power mode to limit the heat generated to use on the lap? I presume you can use the MBP cause Apple throttles it more so?
Yes, you can use Dell Power Manager APP to change it to COOL mode.
It does limit your CPU so you might have to set a reminder to change it back to optimized for when you need the extra power. I personally just leave it in Optimized.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
6 posts
7 upvotes
Bgddss wrote: Why don’t you use Dell MPP for extra 10% or new signup coupon for extra 15%? Either is cheaper than the price you posted.
I already had an existing account with rewards in it, also I didn't have that Dell MPP option popup!