Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell XPS 15 i7-9750H, GTX 1650, 256G - $1499

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 10:26 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2008
174 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa

[Dell] Dell XPS 15 i7-9750H, GTX 1650, 256G - $1499

9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (12 MB Cache, 6 Core, up to 4.50 GHz)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
Display
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100% sRGB 500-Nits display
Hard Drive
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Memoryi
8GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x4G
Primary Battery
6-Cell, 97 WHr, Integrated battery
Wireless
Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0


Combined with unidays code, this will be 1499*0.9 = 1350. Too bad Rakuten is only 2%
Hot?
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 14th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
10 replies
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2008
174 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
it is only 8G, not sure if it is hard to upgrade to 16G or 32G
Jr. Member
Oct 31, 2014
165 posts
27 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
For one sec I thought it was the new XPS 15...
Newbie
Feb 19, 2020
80 posts
51 upvotes
The only thing it has going for it is the 97 watt battery and the bright screen. I wish the Lenovo legion 5 came with a similar battery to this as opposed to the terrible 60 watts.
Newbie
Feb 28, 2020
83 posts
108 upvotes
If this was the new XPS 15 I'd be all over it
Legion 5 isn't comparable at all to this though
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14159 posts
4624 upvotes
London
That is an incredibly bad speclist for the price
Newbie
Aug 15, 2015
80 posts
93 upvotes
Windsor
You'll be able to get rtx 2060 laptop on sale for that price and it'll have 16gb ram and 512ssd...this spec should be below $1000 to even be considered warm...
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14159 posts
4624 upvotes
London
jacobspeeds wrote: You'll be able to get rtx 2060 laptop on sale for that price and it'll have 16gb ram and 512ssd...this spec should be below $1000 to even be considered warm...

The only thing that would make anyone even consider this is the display. But the kind of people that want a display like that aren't buying a dell laptop over a macbook


Edit: If you sacrifice CPU performance, you can get a 2060 right now for $1299 https://www.amazon.ca/IPS-Type-R7-3750H ... EQB&sr=8-1
Jr. Member
Sep 3, 2015
135 posts
64 upvotes
Kitchener- Waterloo
Viper98 wrote: The only thing that would make anyone even consider this is the display. But the kind of people that want a display like that aren't buying a dell laptop over a macbook


Edit: If you sacrifice CPU performance, you can get a 2060 right now for $1299 https://www.amazon.ca/IPS-Type-R7-3750H ... EQB&sr=8-1
Anyone know how much of a sacrifice you are making with CPU? Lets say compared to r7 4800h?
Member
Jun 2, 2011
421 posts
414 upvotes
JonR29230 wrote: The only thing it has going for it is the 97 watt battery and the bright screen. I wish the Lenovo legion 5 came with a similar battery to this as opposed to the terrible 60 watts.
And having both barrel & USBC power options. New ones are USBC only, which ain't that rugged. We have had to warranty replace a few boards at work already because of it.

Top