Hot Deals

[Dell] [Dell] XPS 8930, i7, 8/256GB+2TB, GTX 1660 Ti - $1165 ($1500+ $200 GC + 10% off email + 12% ebates+ 40$ Dell Rewards)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 7:40 am
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2115 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
dxbender wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 6:29 pm
Are those deals better than the ones we just saw for back to school/labour day?

Specifically best buy and dell. I dont think I can buy from Lenovo since my card doesn't work with them.

Also, can I use unidays and the 10% welcome coupon at the same time for dell?
i can't say for sure that bf/boxing is 100% better, but as far as i could remember, more deals, more choices, about same or better discounts, on average, during bf/boxing, i found bf is better than boxing. i never tried dell before but remembered some people here did stack coupons successfully.

why your card didn't work for lenovo, that's pretty strange.
Jan 4, 2008
100 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
forgetpwd wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 7:47 pm
i can't say for sure that bf/boxing is 100% better, but as far as i could remember, more deals, more choices, about same or better discounts, on average, during bf/boxing, i found bf is better than boxing. i never tried dell before but remembered some people here did stack coupons successfully.

why your card didn't work for lenovo, that's pretty strange.
I think it has to do with my card limit. I tried getting it increased but my bank won't let me so I can really only pay using paypal, which best buy and dell let me do.

If I could get the 256gb SSD,8gb ram,fhd laptop for $650 AFTER taxes, might be too good to pass up on right now. A bonus if I could use multiple coupons because that'd bring price below $600.
Nov 23, 2010
155 posts
244 upvotes
This by far was one of the best deals in a while.

My came out to below $900. I just got additional credit of $75 as the unit shipping is delayed.

Thanks OP!!!
Nov 7, 2018
272 posts
135 upvotes
Is this better deal than the aurora alienware that is oos
Nov 7, 2007
402 posts
64 upvotes
Question to those who also got this system with the 1660 Ti. How many display ports do you have? Mine only has 1 display port and one HDMI. I thought it was supposed to have 3 display ports.

One more question. Usually there is a black plastic piece just under the PSU which holds up the GPU. Did your system come with it? Mine did not.
Sep 19, 2012
6 posts
Richmond Hill
i have problem to get that gift card via their web site, and Dell coustomer service is useless.
Nov 7, 2007
402 posts
64 upvotes
waiiphoi wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 11:48 am
i have problem to get that gift card via their web site, and Dell coustomer service is useless.
It is pretty straightforward. Just go to https://dellgiftcardpromo.com/ and following the directions. You have to upload a copy of your invoice.
Sep 19, 2012
6 posts
Richmond Hill
I got the email from Dell(Oct3) that said i am qualified to get the gift card,
but when i put the purchase date (8/28/2019), their system shown:
"The date of purchase you have selected is not available for claiming at this time. Please check the promotional Terms & Conditions for purchase dates and claim windows. "

have tried to call support service department few times, they still can't fix the problem...
Aug 29, 2005
562 posts
89 upvotes
waiiphoi wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 3:12 pm
I got the email from Dell(Oct3) that said i am qualified to get the gift card,
but when i put the purchase date (8/28/2019), their system shown:
"The date of purchase you have selected is not available for claiming at this time. Please check the promotional Terms & Conditions for purchase dates and claim windows. "

have tried to call support service department few times, they still can't fix the problem...
I almost pulled the trigger on this deal couple of month ago. I didn't because of the hassle like this. I ended up building a ryzen 3600 machine myself.
Oct 1, 2017
77 posts
7 upvotes
Does anyone have issue to receive their Visa card, I ordered in early September and claimed gift card soon after,received email confirmation with a claim number,but never got the real gift card,it's already 45 to 50 days
Nov 22, 2012
616 posts
350 upvotes
VANCOUVER
5168898 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 9:59 am
Does anyone have issue to receive their Visa card, I ordered in early September and claimed gift card soon after,received email confirmation with a claim number,but never got the real gift card,it's already 45 to 50 days
Your post has too little information for anyone to help you.

When did you receive the validated email for the gift card? I think when you calculate the days properly, it'll be way less than 50 days.

PS: I'm in the same boat
Nov 7, 2007
402 posts
64 upvotes
I called them. They said the email with the visa details comes from another supplier so the email might have gone into the junk folder. They said a lot of other people have had this issues. They said they will ask the supplier to resend it but I have not seen anything yet. Plus they don’t return emails. I have sent them two emails also. I contacted them on the phone on Tuesday.
5168898 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 9:59 am