Dell

Google Nest Video doorbell sale @ Dell for $214 + sales tax, free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2020 4:32 pm
Mar 9, 2020
310 posts
609 upvotes
Thanks! ordered one.

The normal link wouldn't work for me to apply the coupon, but the deals link did posted by another member (https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/59cx) seems like there is a home cart or business cart or something and the coupon only works on one of them. incognito etc wouldn't work for me. Also, got GCR on it for 2.5%.

as others said, not the best deal, but not bad. and I'd rather install this now, especially if I decide to drill through brick, then get a boxing day sale and install in january...

curious if there will be a v2 of the doorbell announced in September or something when they announce other products. This model came out in 2018, and I was trying to wait for a v2 (hoping for something a little less wide than 4.3cm), but now that I've pulled the trigger... lol. probably will be announced soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6558 posts
6855 upvotes
Vancouver
You really have to admire the way that the industry turned your doorbell into a continuous revenue generator. You pay about $250 for a smart doorbell that has a lifespan of about 5 years before being rendered obsolete, plus you get to pay $80/year Nest Aware fee if you want the full service. If someone had told you 10 years ago that your doorbell would be turned into a $130/year maintenance cost, you would have laughed at them.
Mar 9, 2020
310 posts
609 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: You really have to admire the way that the industry turned your doorbell into a continuous revenue generator. You pay about $250 for a smart doorbell that has a lifespan of about 5 years before being rendered obsolete, plus you get to pay $80/year Nest Aware fee if you want the full service. If someone had told you 10 years ago that your doorbell would be turned into a $130/year maintenance cost, you would have laughed at them.

I mean... they've got a long way to go if they want to achieve water heater levels of profit. turning a $300 water heater into $4000 every 10 years.....
Jul 4, 2007
514 posts
486 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Thanks OP! Was in the market for over of these - perfect timing!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks op! Was looking for this and just got it with my Dell amex 250 offer!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1033 posts
420 upvotes
Mississauga
I am new to this. Do I have to pay for the monthly fee to store the footage?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1452 posts
2894 upvotes
pcbc168 wrote: I am new to this. Do I have to pay for the monthly fee to store the footage?
If you want to be able to watch the footage yes. You will need to subscribe to Nest Aware. If not you just get pictures of the things your doorbell captures.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1556 posts
892 upvotes
Heads up for people. This is one of the only camera that will record 24/7 to the cloud. Unfortunately the video codec is terrible and resulting quality is mediocre.

The two way features are useless with crazy delay.

Good as a visual thief deterrent.
changes123 wrote: Hey guys,

Not sure if this is an all time low ($229) but was able to grab a Google Nest Doorbell at Dell.ca for $237.50 with taxes and free shipping.

Use code $15OFF$199+ for an additional $15.
Dec 25, 2013
483 posts
377 upvotes
Brampton
Let me know if someone wants me to order it for them, I can sell to them and save them the tax if thats fair? I have to spend my amex...
Jun 6, 2017
118 posts
179 upvotes
If someone planning on buying it, I did a Price Match (Price match + beat the price by 10%) at Lowes today for $206 + Tax
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2462 posts
155 upvotes
GTA
Canadiansinner wrote: If its stolen Nest will replace it for you.

"Even if a thief steals your Nest Hello, they won't be able to view or tamper with your footage. The replacement of a stolen Nest Hello is a courtesy service provided by Nest. Nest reserves the right to deny this service at any time due to suspected fraud or for any other reason."
I assume there is a factory reset function, then the thief can reuse or sell it?
Feb 18, 2006
206 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
installed this a month ago, one of the most useful things I ever got. Now I don't have to walk to my door to answer it, know when amazon drop packages off, and best of all get notification when my wife gets back home
Nov 4, 2008
564 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
kodalidatta wrote: If someone planning on buying it, I did a Price Match (Price match + beat the price by 10%) at Lowes today for $206 + Tax
Did you price match in-store or online?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rambokid wrote: I assume there is a factory reset function, then the thief can reuse or sell it?
I don't know about this but I think if they offer a replacement if stolen they probably have some sort of lock on the device with the current account it's tied to similar to apples icloud lock.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1912 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
How much is monthly subscription?
Aug 17, 2011
186 posts
151 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: How much is monthly subscription?
8/month for 30 day events only or 16/mo for 60 day events only plus 10 hours of video playback
Mar 11, 2015
5 posts
vancouver
The Google nest doorbell is $150 at indigo in stores only. Grabbed one yesterday
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6558 posts
6855 upvotes
Vancouver
ysl5710 wrote: How much is monthly subscription?
$8/month or $80/year (Canadian) for the base service level. Ring is about half that (US$30/yr). Wyze is about US$14/yr, but offers a free tier with limited frequency and retention - and they also offer an RTSP version of their firmware that you choose the do-it-yourself recording option instead of forcing you to use their service. Others haven't jumped on the subscription model yet, and offer the same free recording options that have always been available: local SD card, local or remote RTSP, FTP to local or remote server, email video clip to your email of choice, etc.
May 21, 2018
41 posts
37 upvotes
Batman108 wrote: The Google nest doorbell is $150 at indigo in stores only. Grabbed one yesterday
which indigo?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)