Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Google Nest Video doorbell sale @ Dell for $214 + sales tax, free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2020 4:32 pm
Aug 9, 2008
13 posts
Toronto
Batman108 wrote: The Google nest doorbell is $150 at indigo in stores only. Grabbed one yesterday
whoosa wrote: which indigo?
Called Sherway Gardens in Toronto. They don't even sell nest hello doorbell.
Jun 23, 2019
485 posts
319 upvotes
kodalidatta wrote: If someone planning on buying it, I did a Price Match (Price match + beat the price by 10%) at Lowes today for $206 + Tax
Lowes in East Gwillimbury price matched at $206 plus tax.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6560 posts
6866 upvotes
Vancouver
rambokid wrote: I assume there is a factory reset function, then the thief can reuse or sell it?
Both Nest and Ring doorbells have unique factory IDs that cannot be reset, and both are useless without an authorized connection to the corresponding internet service. When one is reported stolen, it is permanently blocked. How reliable is that? I don't know - you may recall that the same is supposed to be true of cellphones, and yet cellular service providers routinely fail to block stolen devices.

However it's also hard to steal one of these units without physically wrecking it and leaving behind necessary parts. Only a fool would buy an obviously-damaged unit that's probably been blocked and might even be reported if you ever connected it again. There's no market for stolen smart doorbells. Not to say that stupid thieves might not try - there are a few videos on the internet.
Nov 4, 2008
564 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
kodalidatta wrote: Instore @st.albert, Alberta.
Thanks! I went to my local Lowe's (Victoria Park & Danforth in Toronto) today and also got it for $206.10 + tax after the price match.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2955 posts
796 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Does anyone know when the sale ends on Dell? I want to PM at Lowes, but if the sale ends tonight I'll just order it from Dell
Dec 25, 2013
483 posts
377 upvotes
Brampton
Again just wanted to requote, since i needed to spend my amex, I'm willing to order this for someone and save them the tax from Dell. Willing to give this brand new with the receipt for 220. I don't mind having it shipped directly to you either, otherwise I'm in Brampton if you'd like to meet
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2955 posts
796 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Did a PM this afternoon at the Cambridge Lowes. It was honestly like pulling teeth. They clearly didn't understand their own PM policy and kept quoting random things out of the air as claims for denial. They finally caved and gave me the PM + 10% discount but were acting like they were doing me a one-time courtesy.

I'm going to leave a complaint with corporate because I can never seem to PM anything without any pushback. They shouldn't advertise a policy they are not willing to follow.
Jun 1, 2010
164 posts
109 upvotes
GTA
bargain man wrote: Did a PM this afternoon at the Cambridge Lowes. It was honestly like pulling teeth. They clearly didn't understand their own PM policy and kept quoting random things out of the air as claims for denial. They finally caved and gave me the PM + 10% discount but were acting like they were doing me a one-time courtesy.

I'm going to leave a complaint with corporate because I can never seem to PM anything without any pushback. They shouldn't advertise a policy they are not willing to follow.
Did they price match based on the 229 price from or with the Dell+coupon price?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2955 posts
796 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Shoyrukon wrote: Did they price match based on the 229 price from or with the Dell+coupon price?
They matched the 229 price and took 10% off as part of their policy. They wouldn't match the price after coupon not that I tried.
Mar 21, 2009
247 posts
94 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Tried Home Depot online price match - rejected saying Dell is a manufacturer... I am like what??? Have anyone tried PM at HomeDepot in store?
May 4, 2008
459 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
KingC wrote: Tried Home Depot online price match - rejected saying Dell is a manufacturer... I am like what??? Have anyone tried PM at HomeDepot in store?
I was able to do it, but they only match not price beat an online price. I declined since I'm a cheapskate and need that 10% off lol.
Aug 19, 2020
25 posts
13 upvotes
KingC wrote: Tried Home Depot online price match - rejected saying Dell is a manufacturer... I am like what??? Have anyone tried PM at HomeDepot in store?
I tried the same yesterday. They refused to PM -10% stating that they don't do the 10% thing on retailers that don't have a physical location.
Apr 21, 2016
91 posts
101 upvotes
Got mine new on FB Marketplace for $180. Gotta love it when people buy something that isnt compatible with their house and sell it for less.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4568 posts
2095 upvotes
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Got mine new on FB Marketplace for $180. Gotta love it when people buy something that isnt compatible with their house and sell it for less.
Yea, make sure you have the right doorbell transformer or know where it is if you need to change it out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7851 posts
8010 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Not an all time low, but definitely a good price.
I have 3 of these and they work well.
3? OMG, what kind of palace do you have! :) I only have one door...
May 4, 2008
459 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Ended up buying it through Dell...but I hope it gets delivered sooner than it's estimated delivery date.

With the coupon code and some Rakuten CB, it end's up being $4 more than Lowes price matching. Not worth the trouble IMO.
Mar 21, 2009
247 posts
94 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
FauxPalindrome wrote: I tried the same yesterday. They refused to PM -10% stating that they don't do the 10% thing on retailers that don't have a physical location.
Guess will just buy it with Dell's coupon is the easier way out...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2955 posts
796 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
marcotech wrote: Ended up buying it through Dell...but I hope it gets delivered sooner than it's estimated delivery date.

With the coupon code and some Rakuten CB, it end's up being $4 more than Lowes price matching. Not worth the trouble IMO.
Agreed. I only wanted to do the PM in case I needed to return. I'm not too familiar with Dell's return policy and didn't want to deal with paying for return shipping.