Expired Hot Deals

Dell

HOT! Dell G15 5800H/3060/16GB/512GB/165Hz Ryzen Gaming Laptop - $1349 (10%Email/UNiDAYS) - restock #4!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2021 2:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 12, 2011
534 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] HOT! Dell G15 5800H/3060/16GB/512GB/165Hz Ryzen Gaming Laptop - $1349 (10%Email/UNiDAYS) - restock #4!

This sold out yesterday and was moved to expired. But it's back now for those who missed it.
https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/8yog

[UPDATE5] sold out

[UPDATE4] restocked again. but both Rakuten US and CA are back to 2%

[UPDATE3] sold out within few hours after restock. Congrats to all who got the deal.

[UPDATE2] back in stock 2nd time now. also Rakuten US has upped to 10%!

$1499.99 - 10% Email bonus or Unidays should stack
Also can stack 2% Rakuten or 2.5% GCR and $40 Dell rewards on top
Some users have also reported they got US Rakuten to work to get 10% cashback in USD.

https://www.dell.ca/preferences/signup/
(Note: may take up to 24hrs to receive code, also make sure you use a new email or you won't get anything)

Total cost sample in Ontario:
$1349.99 + 13% tax = $1525.49
- 10% US Rakuten (approx $135 CAD depending on exchange rate)
- $40 Dell Rewards
Final cost = $1350.49 tax in

The GTX 3060 is TGP 115W + 10W smart boost variant

Specs
Processor
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H 8-core/16-thread Mobile Processor

Operating System
Windows 10 Home English

Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB GDDR6

Display
15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz 300 nits WVA Anti- Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display

Hard Drive
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Memoryi
16GB, 8GBx2, DDR4, 3200MHz

Primary Battery
6-Cell Battery, 86WHr (Integrated)

Wireless
Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth
Last edited by hachi8 on Jun 3rd, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 25 times in total.
94 replies
Dec 29, 2010
305 posts
411 upvotes
Laval
Sweet! The 10% email signup code stacks Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes and don’t forget 2% cashback from Rakuten.

Probably the best deal on a gamer laptop in a while!
Aug 13, 2019
528 posts
811 upvotes
Yeah I'll wait for a better rakuten discount.. Thanks though op
May 4, 2021
28 posts
9 upvotes
Since I missed 10% Rakuten, didn’t get a Alienware for better price.
At this point I would say G15 is a good deal.
BTW last night I tried to place an order, but sold out.
So thanks for this reminder. I got it.
Apr 1, 2013
815 posts
1171 upvotes
Fredericton
Awesome! The coupon wasn't stacking last time but this time it did. I was bummed I missed the last deal. So glad it came back!
Jul 9, 2020
13 posts
3 upvotes
Would you like to help me with an uniday code please
Apr 17, 2020
62 posts
81 upvotes
It is a good deal, for all the specs on paper. And the design looks quite a bit better (in terms of look and functionality) than my G5 SE from last year

I will need to buy a couple of gaming laptops for my sons this summer. I am actually on the fence for this, but I am hesitant a bit because this thing has not been tested out by our trusted friends like Jarod and Steve&Tim at Hardware Unboxed. I really want to see how the thermal holds out this time.

The new Omen 15 is out, and the new Legion 5, the "Thermal King" of affordable gaming laptop, is not yet. I am hedging that we may find good deals around Canada Day long weekend.

One tricky thing I would like to highlight though: For those of us who will be out of country - Dell makes you buy upgraded warranty in order to have international coverage (for anything non-business), while others like Lenovo and HP don't.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2011
534 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
Lucie80 wrote: Would you like to help me with an uniday code please
Just use the email sign up if you don't have UNiDAYS here: https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup/
You may have to wait up to 24 hrs to get the welcome one. Also make sure you use a new email to sign up in case you already did before
Jun 23, 2016
350 posts
613 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I know nothing about computer hardware. I want to buy a low-end gaming pc.

Unrelated to the item itself but burning question maybe somebody can help with:

Why are there so many more deals for laptops posted than for desktops? My understanding would be that equal power for gaming would be much more costly in laptop form than desktop form.

So...are there just more deals for laptops vs desktops?

Or, do people just prefer laptops and if so, are you really needing mobility for your gaming rig? Or is there some other reason why more gaming laptops would be sold than desktops?

Thanks for any insight!
[OP]
Aug 12, 2011
534 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
Umrmp3 wrote: It is a good deal, for all the specs on paper. And the design looks quite a bit better (in terms of look and functionality) than my G5 SE from last year

I will need to buy a couple of gaming laptops for my sons this summer. I am actually on the fence for this, but I am hesitant a bit because this thing has not been tested out by our trusted friends like Jarod and Steve&Tim at Hardware Unboxed. I really want to see how the thermal holds out this time.

The new Omen 15 is out, and the new Legion 5, the "Thermal King" of affordable gaming laptop, is not yet. I am hedging that we may find good deals around Canada Day long weekend.

One tricky thing I would like to highlight though: For those of us who will be out of country - Dell makes you buy upgraded warranty in order to have international coverage (for anything non-business), while others like Lenovo and HP don't.
For the new G15's, Alienware actually did the design this time around (which is also why it has a toned down AW look as well) and AW is also known for best thermals.
Not the most high sub reviewer, but here's a preview of the thermals, scroll to around the 9min mark, much better thermals than last gen, GPU at around 70-80 which is decent for gaming laptop of this class and only at standard fan profile. New drivers should be out by the time we get it shipped to support the higher fan profiles too. I'm also waiting for more in-depth benches but I've seen alot of other 5800H/3060 combos videos and their thermals are all pretty good

Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1546 posts
1761 upvotes
TORONTO
hachi8 wrote: \

AW is also known for best thermals.
Not really. But I agree this is a great deal.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1210 posts
627 upvotes
GTA
Would this be good for someone going into first year engineering at university in September? I’m thinking good graphics = a good math processor for building models? Or am I better off getting an XPS or something lighter with all day battery?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1546 posts
1761 upvotes
TORONTO
dpw198 wrote: Would this be good for someone going into first year engineering at university in September? I’m thinking good graphics = a good math processor for building models? Or am I better off getting an XPS or something lighter with all day battery?
It will be more than enough.
I don't think battery life matters at this stage of life during the pandemic. But say if everything's back to normal, getting a lighter laptop with more battery life would be much better for university life. You don't want to drag this thing around all day through classes. Unless you want to game a lot at the same time.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Oct 21, 2013
259 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Just wish so badly they included thunderbolt then would be instant buy. Already have some thunderbolt peripherals
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8256 posts
601 upvotes
How good are these thing as a desktop replacement? Do they get overheat easy and shorten the life span? I have rarely seen a desktop major component fail but laptop motherboard failure send to happen much often.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Mar 18, 2008
276 posts
126 upvotes
Durham Region
Rakuten US has 8% cashback. Setup an account, provide paypal as your cashback method and install the rakuten US browser extension. Hit the cashback button that will pop up from the extension when you go to the dell site.
Nov 2, 2018
27 posts
34 upvotes
vipervenom25 wrote: Rakuten US has 8% cashback. Setup an account, provide paypal as your cashback method and install the rakuten US browser extension. Hit the cashback button that will pop up from the extension when you go to the dell site.
This just became super hot, 8% rakuten does stack, not sure if this card would work on Dells website but if anyone applied for that recent deal for the Amex Simply Preferred Credit Card - it comes with 10% off purchases up to $4000. Could make the all in for this laptop around ~$1242 (10% off code, 8% rakuten, 10% amex, 3% dell rewards)