Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Inspiron 14 5000, i5, 8/256GB, FHD IPS - $481 ($730 + $100 GC + 10% off email + 15% ebates)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 2:09 pm
Oct 7, 2009
652 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Dunderhead wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 3:42 am
But that's for the actual payout. If your ebates hasn't posted to your rakuten account then that's likely due to a bad shopping trip. I would start with this link https://www.rakuten.ca/help/contact/whe ... y-cashback and then wait and see what happens.
Off course we all have already started there and have been told to wait 45 days.
Already past 30+ days in my case. Dell's return period is also passed. I guess that's what Dell wanted ( due to multiple discounts) so that we now have no choice left.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Jun 14, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
Did it, and no response at all from Rakuten since last 8-9 days.

In this case, at least Dell may not give commission to Ebates.ca and, possibly keep an eye on Ebates.ca's business practice because, Dell will not like to spoil their brand reuptation because of Ebates.ca.
Dunderhead wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 3:42 am
I'm not so sure. Based on the people earlier in the thread who said they never got their Dell ebates payouts due to ebates claiming too many discounts, my guess is that Dell would attempt to withhold the commission from ebates because they didn't expect to get hit with ebates + coupon codes + prepaid visas. Then ebates will try to deny the cashback. I think it's a bad idea for people to start mass emailing Dell this early.

But that's for the actual payout. If your ebates hasn't posted to your rakuten account then that's likely due to a bad shopping trip. I would start with this link https://www.rakuten.ca/help/contact/whe ... y-cashback and then wait and see what happens.
May 28, 2018
41 posts
29 upvotes
dealChimp wrote: How is the battery life?
Watched 6 episodes of the spy on Netflix. Let’s say 45 mins/ sip on average so roughly 4.5 hours with 16% battery left. All this on Power saver.
Sep 20, 2019
4 posts
My Dell Visa claim was validated on Sept 3, and I am still waiting for the status to change.
Jan 8, 2018
66 posts
19 upvotes
jigz787 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 7:02 am
Off course we all have already started there and have been told to wait 45 days.
Already past 30+ days in my case. Dell's return period is also passed. I guess that's what Dell wanted ( due to multiple discounts) so that we now have no choice left.
I've been waiting for about 3 weeks now for my ebates. Ordered my laptop on August 28th.

Already contacted ebates and same response," wait"
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4059 posts
3713 upvotes
toronto1010 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 11:38 am
My Dell Visa claim was validated on Sept 3, and I am still waiting for the status to change.
Mine was validated aug 28 and I am still waiting
May 25, 2007
557 posts
190 upvotes
Edmonton
Finally got my cashback for both laptops. I ordered on Aug 16 and 17. Arrived first week of September. Started Rakuten enquiry last week and received both cashbacks today.

Still waiting for $100 prepaid cards though.
Jan 11, 2010
648 posts
86 upvotes
kasm wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 7:25 pm
Got my Visa Virtual Prepaid Card today. Faster than I expected.

Timeline:
Aug 15 - Ordered Laptop
Aug 20 - Laptop Shipped
Aug 20 - Applied for Visa Prepaid Card
Aug 22 - Laptop Arrived
Aug 27 - Visa Claim created (received email)
Aug 29 - Visa Claim approved (received email)
Sept 1 - Received Dell Rewards email to "Get ready to use my rewards" (status shows up online as pending)
Sept 2- Visa Claim in progress (received email)
Sept 5 - Visa Virtual Prepaid Card is ready.

Still waiting on Dell Rewards to move from Pending to usable.

Edit: Visa Virtual Prepaid Card expires 2019-12-31
what was the email header for the 'Claim Approved' status?

My only 2 emails from them so far have been
1-Claim Received
2-Claim Payment Processed

not sure if processed=approved so far....
Nov 18, 2008
274 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
icecoal wrote:
Sep 24th, 2019 4:43 am
what was the email header for the 'Claim Approved' status?

My only 2 emails from them so far have been
1-Claim Received
2-Claim Payment Processed
not sure if processed=approved so far....
My status also says processed since Sep 10th but I still haven't received the gift card.
Jun 14, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
Lucky you and congrats!!

Curious, did you actually receive cashback amount by cheque/pp/amazon OR the cashback amount is currently reflected in your rakuten account?

I believe, any purchase made after Aug 15 2019 is scheduled to be paid by rakuten in Nov 2019. Isn't it?
ryde or die wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2019 4:08 pm
Finally got my cashback for both laptops. I ordered on Aug 16 and 17. Arrived first week of September. Started Rakuten enquiry last week and received both cashbacks today.

Still waiting for $100 prepaid cards though.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3176 posts
656 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I ordered aug 28.
shipped sep 4.
received sep 6
claimed cashback sep 9
claim validated sep 12
claim processed sep 16
The sep 16th email said "We hope that you are enjoying your new Dell PC. We are in the process of preparing your digital promotional Visa® prepaid card for delivery."

No more communication from them since then. Here's hoping.

my rakuten balance reflected the dell amount within days of ordering. it will be paid out nov 16th which is the regular schedule.
May 28, 2018
41 posts
29 upvotes
Chatted with a CSR and he said he couldn’t find my claim even tho I have an email saying it’s validated and In the process of delivery lol. I had to manually get my dell rewards too and now this.