Expired Hot Deals

Dell

Labor Day Sale $1133 Special Edition XPS i5-11400, 3060 Ti, 8GB Ram

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 4:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1275 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Labor Day Sale $1133 Special Edition XPS i5-11400, 3060 Ti, 8GB Ram

$1399 - 10% off coupon code - 10% rakuten cash back = $1133.1 (before tax), not nearly as hot deal as some of the previous system configurations (11700, 16gb ram) but for $1133.1 with a 3060Ti, it's not bad! Current delivery date of Oct 18, so be patient.

Specs:
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400 processor(6-Core, 16M Cache, 2.6GHz to 4.4GHz)
Windows 10 Home English
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 Ti™ 8GB GDDR6
8GB, 8Gx1, DDR4, 2933MHz
1TB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
500W Mineral White Bezel Chassis including optical drive
Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1

10% off coupon:
https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup ... dhCFFULjp7

Review and liquid cooling upgrade for this exact machine (except the colour), resulting in cpu temp going down by 30 celcius:


Of course, like any Dell desktop thread, obligatory Gamer Nexus and Coil Whine videos:









The difference between this and the PC in Gamers Nexus series is that the graphics card is actually good. Teardown here:


Cooling upgrades:



Last edited by forevergone on Sep 9th, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
97 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6159 posts
5484 upvotes
Vancouver
forevergone wrote: $1399 - 10% off coupon code - 10% rakuten cash back = $1133.1 (before tax), not nearly as hot deal as some of the previous system configurations (11700, 16gb ram) but for $1133.1 with a 3060Ti, it's not bad! Current delivery date of Oct 18, so be patient.

Specs:
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11400 processor(6-Core, 16M Cache, 2.6GHz to 4.4GHz)
Windows 10 Home English
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 Ti™ 8GB GDDR6
8GB, 8Gx1, DDR4, 2933MHz
512GB PCIe M.2 SSD +1TB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
500W Mineral White Bezel Chassis including optical drive
Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1

10% off coupon:
https://www.dell.com/preferences/signup ... dhCFFULjp7

Review and liquid cooling upgrade for this exact machine (except the colour), resulting in cpu temp going down by 30 celcius:


Of course, like any Dell desktop thread, obligatory Gamer Nexus and Coil Whine videos:









The difference between this and the PC in Gamers Nexus series is that the graphics card is actually good. Teardown here:


Cooling upgrades:



This is an i5-11400. Not an i7.

Ron.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1275 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
newfbc wrote: This is an i5-11400. Not an i7.

Ron.
Fixed, thanks

Anyone know what the difference is between the studio vs non studio 3060 Ti?

Also, is it possible to register a purchase with Great Canadian Rebates retroactively?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1074 posts
497 upvotes
Perth
FYI - Be prepared to leave side panel off and/or buy a decent CPU cooler that fits these small form cases in order to 3D game, because these overheat and crash with their very lame stock flat fan cooler... I know from buying 2 of these rigs for cards before.
Member
Jan 1, 2018
384 posts
612 upvotes
So this machine comes out to about 1250, can complain to dell as well.

Without an ssd, 8gb of ram and proprietary parts, the rest of desktop without gpu you're lucky to sell for 350.

I've done it a bunch.

The dell OEM 3060ti sells for about 1100.

This machine is about 200 resale value, or the equivalent of getting a full hash rate 3060ti for 950 tax in.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1275 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
avexus wrote: 10% email codes doesnt work for this. Contact rep, they said because its on sale already. Pretty lame
Does work, worked for me

Image
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1074 posts
497 upvotes
Perth
KevinT277396 wrote: So this machine comes out to about 1250, can complain to dell as well.

Without an ssd, 8gb of ram and proprietary parts, the rest of desktop without gpu you're lucky to sell for 350.

I've done it a bunch.

The dell OEM 3060ti sells for about 1100.

This machine is about 200 resale value, or the equivalent of getting a full hash rate 3060ti for 950 tax in.
Not even an SSD in them now, wtf... Dell is really milking people hard who want the original binned OEM full hashrate die cards. Weasels.
Sr. Member
Dec 11, 2008
557 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
sneaky wrote: FYI - Be prepared to leave side panel off and/or buy a decent CPU cooler that fits these small form cases in order to 3D game, because these overheat and crash with their very lame stock flat fan cooler... I know from buying 2 of these rigs for cards before.
I've purchased a G5 and an XPS version of this setup, with i5 and i7 CPU's with no problems with cooling.
You need to tweak the video card settings.

Use MSI Afterburner to do this. I'm using an older version and it works better than the newer version that was available in March.
Last edited by Canuck_TO on Sep 10th, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
6746 posts
1327 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have the G5 version which is pretty much the same chassis. Default cooler is actually okay for only the 11400 (mine had a 10400F), and it's not so trivial to swap it out (since there's no removable backplate). Do upgrade the case fan though to a Noctua or equivalent since they get loud. There's also some mods you can make to add front intake fans as well.

Note that this only has a HDD and 8GB ram, both of which should be upgraded for decent performance. This would take maybe another $150 altogether I think.

I wonder if the 3060TI is the LHR version ...?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1299 posts
1037 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sneaky wrote: Not even an SSD in them now, wtf... Dell is really milking people hard who want the original binned OEM full hashrate die cards. Weasels.
Even the price without the rest of the CPU is worth it for the GPU if its non-lhr. Those cards are going to be the unicorn soon.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1299 posts
1037 upvotes
Toronto, ON
number8888 wrote: I have the G5 version which is pretty much the same chassis. Default cooler is actually okay for only the 11400 (mine had a 10400F), and it's not so trivial to swap it out (since there's no removable backplate). Do upgrade the case fan though to a Noctua or equivalent since they get loud. There's also some mods you can make to add front intake fans as well.

Note that this only has a HDD and 8GB ram, both of which should be upgraded for decent performance. This would take maybe another $150 altogether I think.

I wonder if the 3060TI is the LHR version ...?
From what I'm reading is that they haven't shipped any LHR cards yet, so if they do it would be a new batch. Plus they don't advertise LHR which they are supposed to, I'd assume there would be a lot of returns if they are LHR.
Newbie
Aug 27, 2021
5 posts
So I was one of the first to jump on the xps 8940 i7 11700 with 3060ti in early august, I can confirm mine is non-LHR, however in the i7 thread there was one that reported his later batch had a 3060 TI that ran 30 Mhz hashrate (indicating LHR as it should be ~57-61 Mhz) via nicehash. There may be some coming through now that are LHR.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1275 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to stack GCR and rakuten for the same purchase?
Member
Jan 1, 2018
384 posts
612 upvotes
TheodoreLinux wrote: So I was one of the first to jump on the xps 8940 i7 11700 with 3060ti in early august, I can confirm mine is non-LHR, however in the i7 thread there was one that reported his later batch had a 3060 TI that ran 30 Mhz hashrate (indicating LHR as it should be ~57-61 Mhz) via nicehash. There may be some coming through now that are LHR.


I've bought around 30 desktops from dell since July.

I haven't seen one LHR card, and I don't know anyone else that has either.

I personally don't believe he received a LHR card.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2009
749 posts
305 upvotes
Calgary
can someone who's not using their 10% off code share their code with me? Thanks.
Newbie
Jan 28, 2021
22 posts
22 upvotes
I bought a couple of the last deal with the 11700. I ended up buying a cooler and fans to help because it really was overheating.

I used a Noctua NH-U9S cooler and a couple of 120mm and small fans. Not fun or easy to install, especially because you need special M3-0.5 20mm machine screws or grub screws to mount it.

I did buy an extra VRM heatsink that I may no longer need, the exact one for this model that is really hard to find if anyone wants to buy it from me.

If you are going to use this for anything gamewise, I STRONGLY recommend getting the K version, which comes with a much better cooler and VRM heatsink. You will end up paying ~80-100$ or more just to cool the think down if you don't, and it's not easy to install. I wish I would have known when I bought it that the K came with a better cooler.
Newbie
Dec 20, 2017
31 posts
13 upvotes
The "never receive" deals from dell. My order is overdue by 2 months and I think it may be delayed even further.

Top