• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 1:59 pm
Nov 3, 2013
413 posts
509 upvotes
Regina, SK
RedruM7 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 5:14 pm
Hmm is this right? Dell doesn't allow returns for gaming consoles??
Wow that sucks... I've been on the fence about getting the OneX for a long time and this is one of the better deals.
I don't understand why it matters. If you want to buy one why would you want to return it?
Sep 2, 2007
181 posts
106 upvotes
dethrock wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:47 am
I don't understand why it matters. If you want to buy one why would you want to return it?
Well like I said I'm on the fence about it and really just waiting for a deal to entice me enough... Around the 400 mark is not bad.
If I buy it, try it and dont like it or its not what I needed, I'll return it. Or if I see a better deal on something else or a better use of my money etc etc.

Its nice to have that safety net, dont act like I'm the only one that appreciates a return policy! :P
Seems pretty common place for respectable businesses on most items, it'll be a sad day when more places stop doing this. I wouldn't have thought Dell would be one.
I just find it odd consoles are part of Dells non-return policy personally. Software I understand obviously.

Just to go more in depth, I'm planning on using the XboneX as a media/4k/atmos blue ray player for my dedicated home theater, saves me from buying a possibly equally expensive 4k blu ray player and I can game in 4k with atmos etc. I still have an old xbox one so I'm not in a huge rush, but I want something to take advantage of my newer theater equipment. I've heard mixed things tho from theaudio/videophile snobs about using the xbonex in place of a dedicated 4k player so at least this way I can see for myself.
Jun 26, 2010
563 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
Wait for when SDM lines up a 20% off + 20x points on the same day. $599 less 20% and 20x points on top of that... should work out to $335 before tax.
Oct 23, 2018
265 posts
146 upvotes
i think ebates is now back to its normal cashback but unidays code 10% code are working for those who have one.

sorry, i have used my unidays code already this morning. great if you can find one.
Sep 2, 2007
181 posts
106 upvotes
shabbydog wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:16 pm
Wait for when SDM lines up a 20% off + 20x points on the same day. $599 less 20% and 20x points on top of that... should work out to $335 before tax.
I like the sound of that! I've had a PC card for a lil while but never really kept up with shoppers deals until I started seeing these xbox one x deals recently and I been hoarding my points now since BF/BD for it, how often do these kind of points deals come around? Do I have to subscribe or something to get the heads up on these deals? Because I usually never see them coming unless I randomly see it on rfd.
Nov 20, 2017
709 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
junglemage666 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:58 am
shoppers has xbox one x with fallout 76 for 519 this saturday and 20x points will work out to about $430 including tax when you add in the points you get

Dell is about $450 when you add the 14% ebates and the 3% dell member credit back

so the shoppers deal is still better if you ever plan on buying groceries or anything with the points

This dell deal is great though still, especially if you have a 10% discount code that was mailed to you. I had one and used it

thnx OP
How can you find out what shoppers have it in stock however?
Jun 26, 2010
563 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
RedruM7 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:43 pm
I like the sound of that! I've had a PC card for a lil while but never really kept up with shoppers deals until I started seeing these xbox one x deals recently and I been hoarding my points now since BF/BD for it, how often do these kind of points deals come around? Do I have to subscribe or something to get the heads up on these deals? Because I usually never see them coming unless I randomly see it on rfd.
The points deals come around every couple of weeks it seems; even once a week. It's quite often. The 20% discount maybe every few weeks and it's only on regular priced stuff. The last time these two coincided was early Dec. That's when I jumped on the Xbox.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1785 posts
1688 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Anyone else get their Xbox order cancelled? Dell verification call, to verify my order, I missed it, called literally 2 minutes after and they said they cancelled my order. They shipped it still, payment was charged, and they actually got Purolator to not deliver because they didn't verify the order.. Still got charged. Anyone else have this happen to them? Now I lose the ebates 14% and my 10% discount code.. Bleh