Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

[Monitor] S2722DC 27" USB-C Monitor - $288 before tax - IPS QHD 75HZ - USB-C 3.2gen1 + DP Alt w/ 65W PD charging

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2023 11:06 pm
Jul 17, 2020
51 posts
251 upvotes

[Dell] [Monitor] S2722DC 27" USB-C Monitor - $288 before tax - IPS QHD 75HZ - USB-C 3.2gen1 + DP Alt w/ 65W PD charging

I've done like 12 minutes of research and this seems like an okay deal for the feature spec.

TLDR: 27" 2560*1440p IPS monitor with USB-C and free shipping.

Price breakdown:

$420 - $100 - $32 coupon code 10%OFFMONITOR = $288

Seems like a bog-standard matte finish 27", QHD panel from Dell. That is to say, acceptably okay.

Big upside is a one-cable connection to a laptop or other device through USB-C. Not Thunderbolt so no daisy chaining. Important to note the lack of dedicated Display Port ports. Connectivity info from Dell's product page:

Interfaces:
  • 2 x HDMI
  • USB-C upstream/DisplayPort with Power Delivery (DisplayPort 1.2 mode / power up to 65W)
  • USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream with Battery Charging 1.2
  • USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream
  • Audio line-out

Stand is okay - tilt, swivel, raise/lower, rotate 90deg.

For reference, the SE2723DS with same panel specs but no USB-C connectivity was on sale for $207 during the previous boxing week sale.
48 replies
Nov 1, 2020
50 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
Man I wish this had DP. I'm looking for 3 monitors between 27" - 32" for a sim racing rig. This is almost perfect except no DP. 144hz would be ideal but for the price can't have everything.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7843 posts
9202 upvotes
Vancouver
Decent price for a mid-range WFH monitor. USB-C should be standard these days.

The only downside for these "S" and "SE" series is the build and panel quality. The stand is also a bit cheaper at 110mm max height, meaning if you put your notebook in front of the monitor, it may not clear your notebook lid.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
darkshot wrote: Seems like a bog-standard matte finish
Does that mean splinters or no splinters?
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes
An adapter is like 15 bucks.
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
I have this. Bought it for the USB-C PD.

Paid 310 plus tax for it in November and I'm happy with it.

Thing's way too bright out of the box though and I had to turn it down to like 30% if I remember well. It was giving me headaches kinda bright.

Other than that, been working flawlessly on PD with my X1 Carbon.

Stand is fine, image is fine, quality is fine for my use case. I play my xbox series S and PS4 on it and it's good. Same for web browsing and word processing. I watch movies on it as well.

Only thing I dislike is the way the connections are positioned at the back. They're hard to reach without moving the monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for a 32"+ size.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2021
1113 posts
1961 upvotes
MonsieurDealz wrote: I have this. Bought it for the USB-C PD.

Paid 310 plus tax for it in November and I'm happy with it.

Thing's way too bright out of the box though and I had to turn it down to like 30% if I remember well. It was giving me headaches kinda bright.

Other than that, been working flawlessly on PD with my X1 Carbon.

Stand is fine, image is fine, quality is fine for my use case. I play my xbox series S and PS4 on it and it's good. Same for web browsing and word processing. I watch movies on it as well.

Only thing I dislike is the way the connections are positioned at the back. They're hard to reach without moving the monitor.
Recently I discovered through some testing of different monitors that a big cause of my constant eye-strain was high minimum brightness. My work space can get a bit darker when I start working early in the morning and towards evening, so I usually need to adjust brightness accordingly, lower in the mornings, higher during the day when the sun is coming through the windows, and lower again later.

My monitor's minimum brightness was way too high (I think something like 75 cd/m²), and this was impacting my eye strain. I didn't realize this was the problem until I started testing out a few different monitors and realize some monitors that were essentially the same size and resolution as my monitor but for some reason weren't giving me any eyestrain.

Dell in particular was very good here, they seem to have lower minimum brightness levels then some of the others I tried, usually around 35cd/m². I also started paying attention to this on RTINGS as some monitor reviews they have a measurement for minimum brightness.

Kind of ironic that most people usually care about maximum brightness, I'm the oddball trying to find out what's the minimum brightness. Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 13, 2020
95 posts
153 upvotes
Montreal
DrasticPig wrote: Recently I discovered through some testing of different monitors that a big cause of my constant eye-strain was high minimum brightness.
Same here. I work in the basement and literally had headaches from the new IPS monitor. Didn't realize till a week later that it was related to the screen brightness. Had to set it to 12% and it is good now.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
Very tempting deal (Dell)! Yes, too bad it doesn't include DP and that's only available through the USB-C port by using an adapter or DP to USB-C cable. It does save on the cost of the monitor by not having a dedicated DP port since it can be achieved through a cable/adapter that's supplied by the user.

Good resolution and refresh, plus the multitude of adjustments available from the stand where you can use it vertically.

If anyone is looking for 4K, then they'll have to look elsewhere. Confused Face

Thanks for the post, OP!
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Oct 20, 2009
228 posts
73 upvotes
Rekuta also provides cashback on dell website.
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
I thought everyone is still boycotting Dell, because Dell didn’t ship their $79 Nintendo Switch.🤣🤣
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty good for people at the office who drag their laptop back and forth, no need to drag the power brick!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1127 posts
544 upvotes
Ottawa
Many people use a USB-C dock that connects to their laptop via USB-C, and then connects to their display via DP/HDMI.

Putting USB-C into the monitor means you can eliminate the dock.

Well, unless you also use the dock to connect to USB peripherals such as your keyboard, mouse, webcam, etc.

This thing is very close to being a great all-in-one monitor+dock solution. It's just missing 1-2 more USB-A ports.

Oh well.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Apr 30, 2018
498 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
The PD part of the monitor is tempting. So I just bought it. I can use this to get rid of some cables.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
McDealer wrote: Many people use a USB-C dock that connects to their laptop via USB-C, and then connects to their display via DP/HDMI.

Putting USB-C into the monitor means you can eliminate the dock.

Well, unless you also use the dock to connect to USB peripherals such as your keyboard, mouse, webcam, etc.

This thing is very close to being a great all-in-one monitor+dock solution. It's just missing 1-2 more USB-A ports.

Oh well.

But why would you want the monitor to be a dock? It would be a cable nightmare. They should make the stand a dock instead. That would sell like crazy.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
yuprules wrote: Pretty good for people at the office who drag their laptop back and forth, no need to drag the power brick!
Most offices have docks and usbc monitor would be useless and more expensive.

What would be useful would be usbc powered monitors that also have data. Imagine only one usbc from monitor to dock or pc and that’s it
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
k847848 wrote: But why would you want the monitor to be a dock? It would be a cable nightmare. They should make the stand a dock instead. That would sell like crazy.
I didn't understand it until I accidentally bought one. I can never go back to a non-dock monitor now. You only need 1 usb c cable to connect to your laptop (or desktop). That single USB cable can charge your laptop, display to your monitor and drive data to USB ports out of your monitor.

So when you have wireless keyboard and mouse, you have 2 cables in total. One power cable to monitor, 1 usb c cable from monitor to your computer... That's it. Your dongles will go on the monitor USB ports.

Then if you want to change from work to home computer, you swap the usb c cable and you are fully changed using the same peripherals.

I also have my first monitor Daisy chained to second one using DP cable... So 3 wires in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2021
1113 posts
1961 upvotes
k847848 wrote: Most offices have docks and usbc monitor would be useless and more expensive.

What would be useful would be usbc powered monitors that also have data. Imagine only one usbc from monitor to dock or pc and that’s it
100% this.

I have an Acer XV282K with a 65w USB-c PD with display, and 4 usb-a ports for accessories.

I thought the one USB-C cable would not only provide power and display, but also data access to the 4 ports, which means I can leave the keyboard and mouse connected to the monitor, but no go.

Still need a separate USB cable to the laptop for the USB-A ports. So not as useful as I hoped, since I still need 2 cables for everything.
Dec 28, 2018
60 posts
33 upvotes
Does anybody know what happened to the 43” ultrasharp monitor? I know it was there a month ago but now I find no trace of it on Dell.ca
He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)