Computers & Electronics

Dell Monitors Shipping Delay

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2021 5:32 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 28, 2012
155 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga

Dell Monitors Shipping Delay

Hello everyone. Just want to ask you if you have encountered any delay from Dell. Ordered 2 U2720Q at Nov 23th, 2020 and shipping expected Jan 12th, but delayed to March 5th.
Contacted customer service, was told 5th of Mar still estimated. Does anyone have same issue with Dell?
How long have you waited to receive your order product from Dell?
28 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3493 posts
1534 upvotes
Ottawa
3 monitors since July. Couple weeks up to almost a month. But generally pretty close to estimated or before
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 16, 2008
8064 posts
2733 upvotes
Maple
Depends on which model , items. Bought s2421hgf in November and received it 3 weeks after. Due to pandemic, some items will take long time, shortage of parts and materials. To make you feel better, I ordered a fridge from Sept 2020, 1st estimate delivery Dec15 then delayed to Feb2021, I am not optimistic. :(
Last edited by teoconca on Jan 21st, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 28, 2012
155 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
I feel much better. Just keep waiting
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2007
1187 posts
843 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Not me. I ordered the S2721D on Dec. 29 and it came on Jan. 5th.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1610 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered an S2721DGF on Dec 24th, initial delivery set to Jan 26, was pushed back to February 2nd.

My guess is that it will push back further based on this post.
Newbie
Dec 23, 2011
39 posts
7 upvotes
Victoria, The Garden…
Ordered U2721 and U2719 on Jan 5 and got both of them in a week. The boxes looked like they have seen some travel but monitors were mint condition.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1056 posts
683 upvotes
I ordered a couple S3220DGF's in May, took about 2 weeks for them to be at my door, probably model specific if it's been delayed significantly.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1387 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a S2721D and it came in about a week. Ordered end of December and received first week of January.
Member
Oct 11, 2013
200 posts
56 upvotes
Almost American
When buying from dell make sure it's in stock and ready to ship.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 28, 2012
155 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Switch to Q4320Q and hope I can receive this week
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1610 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
jacquesstrap wrote: Ordered an S2721DGF on Dec 24th, initial delivery set to Jan 26, was pushed back to February 2nd.

My guess is that it will push back further based on this post.
Order has been delayed 4 times now and I was told it has been "escalated", with a new shipping date of Feb 25.

Not holding my breath. Don't know if I'd order from Dell again TBH. The part that irritates me the most is of I was to place an order for the same monitor right now it's showing a delivery date of a few weeks from now, which is obviously a blatant lie and feels very "bait-y"
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1610 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Bumping this for awareness and out of curiosity if anyone else who ordered a S2721DGF back in December has recieved their monitor yet.

Mine has now been delayed 6 times and same reasoning - "escalated it, parts shortage"
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 12, 2005
1273 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
jacquesstrap wrote: Bumping this for awareness and out of curiosity if anyone else who ordered a S2721DGF back in December has recieved their monitor yet.

Mine has now been delayed 6 times and same reasoning - "escalated it, parts shortage"
Same here. Called Dell twice and will get compensation of 55$ in total once I receive the order.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile
Member
Mar 20, 2004
371 posts
gasking wrote: Same here. Called Dell twice and will get compensation of 55$ in total once I receive the order.
Ordered my monitor on December 24th and haven't received any updates either. Last update for ship and delivery date was Feb 15 and Feb 24 respectively with the delivery date crossed out.

Did you asked them for compensation or did they offer it automatically?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1610 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Interested as well to know how you approached this or if it was offered freely. Haven't been offered anything but I'm definitely going to say something when I call this week.

The part that still really ticks me off - if I try to place a new order for this monitor, it's sitting a delivery date of March 17th. Absolute blatant lies.
Member
Jun 30, 2009
325 posts
159 upvotes
jacquesstrap wrote: Bumping this for awareness and out of curiosity if anyone else who ordered a S2721DGF back in December has recieved their monitor yet.

Mine has now been delayed 6 times and same reasoning - "escalated it, parts shortage"
I now wish I had never ordered any monitors from them.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 12, 2005
1273 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
CPU2K wrote: Ordered my monitor on December 24th and haven't received any updates either. Last update for ship and delivery date was Feb 15 and Feb 24 respectively with the delivery date crossed out.

Did you asked them for compensation or did they offer it automatically?
I asked them for compensation twice ($40 + $15) . Now I log into my account and see they no longer provide a delivery date for my order :facepalm:
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
3808 posts
2609 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, a lot of the Dell monitors have long delays and the shipping date can easily get pushed out after ordering.

I had to cancel a couple orders and switch to other models in order to meet fiscal year end spending deadlines.
Member
Jun 30, 2009
325 posts
159 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Yes, a lot of the Dell monitors have long delays and the shipping date can easily get pushed out after ordering.

I had to cancel a couple orders and switch to other models in order to meet fiscal year end spending deadlines.
Which monitors did you end up ordering that were able to be shipped?

Top