Dell

Panasonic Eneloop Pro batteries on sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 9:23 pm
Nov 6, 2006
687 posts
93 upvotes
Montréal
danascully wrote: Except that not all of them are rebranded eneloops.

Even if they are they aren't the pro versions thats listed in this deal.

Waste of time even thinking about this
I thought all amazon basics a eneloop rebranded.

How can you identified rebrandec eneloop ?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1211 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

Ordered 8 AA and 4 AAA Eneloops.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4793 posts
1293 upvotes
Toronto
waltereo wrote: I thought all amazon basics a eneloop rebranded.

How can you identified rebrandec eneloop ?
If they aren't made in japan, it's not rebranded eneloops.
Dec 24, 2010
150 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI for all rechargeable batteries. They are only 1.2V (vs. 1.5V) and some devices will not be compatible. Usually the device will state 'alkaline only' or something to the effect of needing 1.5V (or a multiple of 1.5V).

Recently bought some EBL batteries from Amazon and returned them due this limitation on my devices.

However, I've used Eneloop in mouse, keyboard and TV remote for about 7 years with no issues.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5623 posts
206 upvotes
Scarborough
acidcaribou wrote: I have some expiring Dell rewards, but for some reason I just can't seem to figure out how to apply them to this deal.
I can see $5.70 under my account, but at no point in the checkout process does it let me apply them.
walukupix wrote: I also have some Dell Rewards that are expiring.
I thought I'd use it on these batteries, but I'm facing with the same issue that you're experiencing.
There just doesn't seem to be anywhere to apply the Dell Rewards.
There is a distinction between Dell Business items and Dell Home, you will have to find something in Dell Home to use the rewards.
For ex. Mice/Keyboard should be ok for Dell Home.

Mainly limited to PC related Peripherals.
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Jan 17, 2009
500 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
denbo30 wrote: I have both Eneloop amd Amazon Basics and I can definitely notice the diffference, the Eneloops are much better. A bit disappointing since I too thought the Basics would be a cheaper way to buy Eneloops.
I have a bunch of Amazon Basic rechargeables and they suck compare to my eneloops.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1340 posts
2166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wanted to add to the discussion that if you're investing in batteries like these (and I include the Ikea badged 2450mAh as well) then you should spend the bucks on a quality charger.

I have the previous version of the Maha Powerex MH -C9000 and it's great. This is the newer model: https://mahaenergy.com/mh-c9000pro/

It's well worth the investment if you use rechargeables on a regular basis.

The charger performs a battery health “impedance check” at the beginning of the program. If the battery fails this test, “HIGH” is displayed and program will be terminated. 100% of my 5 year old Amazon Basics batteries failed and had to be discarded.
Mar 5, 2012
656 posts
354 upvotes
Canada
Only if they made good 9V batteries… Weary Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5623 posts
206 upvotes
Scarborough
leovee1 wrote: I wanted to add to the discussion that if you're investing in batteries like these (and I include the Ikea badged 2450mAh as well) then you should spend the bucks on a quality charger.

I have the previous version of the Maha Powerex MH -C9000 and it's great. This is the newer model: https://mahaenergy.com/mh-c9000pro/

It's well worth the investment if you use rechargeables on a regular basis.

The charger performs a battery health “impedance check” at the beginning of the program. If the battery fails this test, “HIGH” is displayed and program will be terminated. 100% of my 5 year old Amazon Basics batteries failed and had to be discarded.
I have a bit older model of this and I 2nd this charger has been very good on all my rechargeable batteries.

I also have had good experience with Eneloops the Original models over the years. Off brand ones have failed as well.
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Oct 14, 2007
428 posts
516 upvotes
Thedford
416Tom wrote: Currently looking to replace my cordless phone batteries. The batteries seems to have all gone bad at the same time. These eneloop or eneloop pro a lot better then the orange Panasonic batteries and worth the extra money? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx.
I have replaced batteries in Panasonic phones with AAA Eneloops and Amazon Basics, both work okay. I generally get about 3 years of service from them.

I think the Eneloop pros would work but probably not worth the extra cost in this application.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1281 posts
1346 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: That's just insane imo, "processing fee to put your order aside" I am assuming.
I wouldn't say that's insane. It's actually completely worth it if you're buying anything that you can't just grab and walk with in your hand. I bought a bed, mattress, dresser, etc a while back and all I had to do was pay $5 to have them bring it right to my car. Possibly lining up to get in, walking through the store, dodging people, searching for the stuff, taking it off the shelf and putting it on the cart, lining up to pay and bringing it to the car all for $5? You'd be in the store for at least 30 minutes if not more. When you think what your time is worth, paying $5 is cheap for all that!

But also, I wouldn't pay $5 for someone to grab a pack of batteries from a shelf. A piece of furniture, 100% I'm paying for them to do 95% of the work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1340 posts
2166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
416Tom wrote: Currently looking to replace my cordless phone batteries. The batteries seems to have all gone bad at the same time. These eneloop or eneloop pro a lot better then the orange Panasonic batteries and worth the extra money? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thx.
The Eneloop Pros are likely overkill for cordless phones. A lot of pro photographers use Eneloop Pros. Things that draw a lot of power like a motor or flash and need to hold a longer charge. Your phone isn't in that category.

Look at your current NiMH's and see what mAh rating they are. I'm guessing not higher than 2000 mAh. The older / regular Eneloop's that I have are rated 2000mAh. I think I used some of their AAA in a phone and so far, so good.

jmho.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30071 posts
10835 upvotes
GTFO wrote: Are the pro batteries safe to be recharged in a regular eneloop charger?
Any NiMH charger will charge them. Doesn't have to be an "eneloop" charger (which is just an NiMH charger itself).
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1482 posts
1046 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Good find, OP
Don’t forget 10% cash back from Rakuten