Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell Black Friday

PlayStation 5 Gaming Bundle = 924 CAD - 15% Rakuten + taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2022 11:04 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 5, 2018
336 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal

[Dell] [Black Friday] PlayStation 5 Gaming Bundle = 924 CAD - 15% Rakuten + taxes

Price:
15% Rakuten = 924*0.15 = 138.6
Bundle price = 924 + tax - 138.6 = your price

Limited quantities: 45% claimed at time of posting. 65% at update time to cybermonday deal.

Bundle with price calculation for ref (thanks to @Pratzy)
- PS5 Disc Edition HW STANDARD (REFRESH 2) - includes a white PS5 controller - $650
- GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK LAUNCH EDITION - $90 value, this is a physical disc not digital voucher
- PULSE 3D WIRELESS HEADSET PS4/PS5 - MIDNIGHT BLACK - $100 value (Amazon.ca BF price)
- DUALSENSE WIRELESS CONTROLLER PS5 - GALACTIC PURPLE - $65 value (BF price everywhere)
- DUALSENSE CHARGING STATION | PS5 - $33 value (Amazon.ca ATL)

Total minimum Bundle Value = $938

Dell Deal -> 924.99 - 15% cb = $786.24

Link (updated to cybermonday):
https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/fsii

If it doesn't work, go to Black-Friday limited quantities, sort by price (high to low) and retrieve in the 924 CAD range. https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/category/top-deals

Edit: updated to cybermonday deal.(was black friday's).
Last edited by JimmyC680 on Nov 28th, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
38 replies
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
Edit 2: YES RETURNS are POSSIBLE - multiple chat reps confirmed that the PS5 bundle IS RETURNABLE, because the holiday policy exemption applies, hence you can return this by Jan 15th

Edit: No returns

DELL'S RETURN POLICY does not apply to the following home use products which may not be returned at any time:

· Video Gaming consoles and peripherals

· Video Games

https://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cacorp ... returns-ca

Edit 2: I've got some conflicting info from a Dell rep in chat that apparently it can be returned by Jan 15th, even after I provided her the order number - however I am not sure if she was fully competent and realized about the previous policy on consoles. YMMV.
Last edited by Pratzy on Nov 30th, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
Is this is disc edition or digital edition of PS5?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7359 posts
4422 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Is this is disc edition or digital edition of PS5?
Disc edition.
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
What is the value of each component of the bundle? Need to determine how good of a deal this is. Researching this now.

------------------

- PS5 Disc Edition HW STANDARD (REFRESH 2) - includes a white PS5 controller - $650 value
- GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK LAUNCH EDITION - $90 value, this is a physical disc not digital voucher
- PULSE 3D WIRELESS HEADSET PS4/PS5 - MIDNIGHT BLACK - $100 value (Amazon.ca BF price)
- DUALSENSE WIRELESS CONTROLLER PS5 - GALACTIC PURPLE - $65 value (BF price everywhere)

Total minimum Bundle Value = $938

Judgement: Deal is hot if you're in the market for PS5 for holiday season, but keep in mind no returns.

For reference BestBuy Ragnarok disc edition was $729.99 (OOS) however this only includes a digital version of the game not a disc.
Last edited by Pratzy on Nov 28th, 2022 8:18 am, edited 14 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6296 posts
3565 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: What is the value of each component of the bundle? Need to determine how good of a deal this is. Researching this now.

- PS5 Disc Edition HW STANDARD (REFRESH 2)
- DUALSENSE WIRELESS CONTROLLER PS5 - GALACTIC PURPLE
- DUALSENSE CHARGING STATION | PS5
- PULSE 3D WIRELESS HEADSET PS4/PS5 - MIDNIGHT BLACK
- GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK LAUNCH EDITION PS5
they already tell you. it's $75 off regular price.

I guess if you pair it up with the rakuten cashback, it's decent if you really want all those extras
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24544 posts
12594 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased this for my buddy. If he doesn't want it, I'm putting it up in the BST for cost. Just saying, because it's 3am and tomorrow morning I'm sure this won't be sitting here.

Only thing I don't like are all the extras they are forcing you to purchase. You may purchase them as a new user, but regardless, it's all at once.
IMO, part it out and sell what you don't want (like the headset, for example).
BNIB should be able to retrieve a decent price.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I purchased this for my buddy. If he doesn't want it, I'm putting it up in the BST for cost. Just saying, because it's 3am and tomorrow morning I'm sure this won't be sitting here.

Only thing I don't like are all the extras they are forcing you to purchase. You may purchase them as a new user, but regardless, it's all at once.
IMO, part it out and sell what you don't want (like the headset, for example).
BNIB should be able to retrieve a decent price.
Yeah, would be so much hotter if they just sold only the damned Ragnarok bundle.

Totally gonna sell the headset

and that controller is uglyyyy Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Pratzy on Nov 28th, 2022 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
4117 posts
4013 upvotes
Toronto
Bundle me up babbyy its soo cold out there~
To the moon
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
Why is this deal getting downvotes? Can those who are downvoting tell me why this isn't a good deal if you're planning on buying a PS5?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6296 posts
3565 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: What is the value of each component of the bundle? Need to determine how good of a deal this is. Researching this now.

- PS5 Disc Edition HW STANDARD (REFRESH 2)
- DUALSENSE WIRELESS CONTROLLER PS5 - GALACTIC PURPLE
- GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK LAUNCH EDITION PS5
All 3 above total value $730 - based on bestbuy bundle deal price
------------------

Total Bundle Value = $863

Judgement: Deal is hot if you're in the market for PS5 for holiday season

For reference BestBuy Ragnarok disc edition was $729.99 (OOS)
your calculation is off because the best buy bundle doesn't include another controller outside of the box. $730 is just the console (controller inside), and the game.

regardless, it's still a good deal if you consider the cashback... I suppose if you must have a PS5 now, then this is what to get.
Last edited by trinxified on Nov 28th, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
trinxified wrote: your calculation is off because the best buy bundle doesn't include another controller outside of the box. $730 is just the console (controller inside), and the game.
Thanks for catching that, corrected
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1670 posts
1088 upvotes
Montreal
Pratzy wrote: Why is this deal getting downvotes? Can those who are downvoting tell me why this isn't a good deal if you're planning on buying a PS5?
Blind hatred for bundles and skepticism over whether they'll actually get the Rakuten cashback.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
Noobzilla wrote: Blind hatred for bundles and skepticism over whether they'll actually get the Rakuten cashback.
I checked the Rakuten conditions for the Dell store and it seems like it should qualify. But yes a bit risky since this is non-returnable. I'd probably screenshot the checkout just before and after with the Rakuten button showing 'active', along with computer time/date stamp.

Special Conditions
"Dell. Dell defines high volume as more than 3 units per month of any system. Cash Back is not available on gift cards and e-gift cards....
Cash Back not available on sales of products and services believed to be sold to parties reselling products and/or services offered by Dell. Dell defines high volume as more than 3 units per month of any system. Cash Back is not available on gift cards and e-gift cards. Cash Back is only available on Dell Canada purchases, not available on Dell Outlet, Dell Refurbished Computers, Dell Global purchases via Dell Consumer.
Read"

https://www.rakuten.ca/dell-consumer
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
trinxified wrote: regardless, it's still a good deal if you consider the cashback... I suppose if you must have a PS5 now, then this is what to get.
I also realized the bestbuy bundle doesn't include a physical disc of the ragnarok game just a download code, this bundle has a physical disk i.e the 'launch edition' so better value
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2317 upvotes
Deal is still active and fully back in stock lol - they just changed it to a "cyber monday" deal now - I guess the true test of how good this deal is will be how fast it sells out with the 15% rakuten

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)