• Dec 9th, 2020 12:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2873 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] [Rakuten] Now 10% cashback. Was previously 8%

Rakuten is doing 8% back on Dell products again.

https://www.rakuten.ca/dell-consumer

EDIT 11/27 - Now 10%
EDIT 11/28 - Now 8%
EDIT 11/30 - Now 10%
Last edited by therollin on Nov 30th, 2020 12:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
242 replies
Nov 25, 2015
148 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
Does the US Rakuten work? Can anyone kindly confirm? Since they're at 12%.

Otherwise, I'd rather be sure to get 8% than risk not getting 12%.
Last edited by thief101 on Nov 26th, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 25, 2016
123 posts
151 upvotes
Rakuten US being at 12% makes this hot. Research shows that it will pay out just fine for Canadians. Pulled the trigger on the $2300 (less 10% email welcome code) Ryzen + RTX 3080 setup.
Nov 25, 2015
148 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
Does Rakuten stack with Unidays?
Mar 7, 2011
567 posts
418 upvotes
Brampton
Stack with 10% back amex business edge if u have?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2873 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
thief101 wrote: Does Rakuten stack with Unidays?
it should. with either unidays or 10% new account.

the latter worked for me recently.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3012 posts
1507 upvotes
West Coast
dkrjwu wrote: Rakuten US being at 12% makes this hot. Research shows that it will pay out just fine for Canadians. Pulled the trigger on the $2300 (less 10% email welcome code) Ryzen + RTX 3080 setup.
What was the final tally for that build after discounts? Been contemplating pulling the trigger myself and have the 10% welcome code sitting to be used too.
Last edited by Richfields on Nov 26th, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Aug 28, 2015
6 posts
Mississauga, ON
So unidays no longer works on the XM4s?
Nov 25, 2015
148 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
Richfields wrote: What was the final tally for that build after discounts? Been contemplating pulling the trigger myself
$2300 - 10% = $2070
$2070 - 12% (rakuten) = $1821.60
Then, chat with Dell, telling them you want to cancel order. They will offer you anywhere between $100-150 off. So, it comes up to $1671.60 - $1721.60 plus tax. Not bad at all!
Sep 25, 2016
123 posts
151 upvotes
Richfields wrote: What was the final tally for that build after discounts? Been contemplating pulling the trigger myself and have the 10% welcome code sitting to be used too.
Pre-tax: $2300 less 10% = $2070, and then $248 rebate from Rakuten. If you cheese the cancellation credit then that's another $100-200.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3012 posts
1507 upvotes
West Coast
thief101 wrote: $2300 - 10% = $2070
$2070 - 12% (rakuten) = $1821.60
Then, chat with Dell, telling them you want to cancel order. They will offer you anywhere between $100-150 off. So, it comes up to $1671.60 - $1721.60 plus tax. Not bad at all!
dkrjwu wrote: Pre-tax: $2300 less 10% = $2070, and then $248 rebate from Rakuten. If you cheese the cancellation credit then that's another $100-200.
Wow, that's amazing. Now I really want to pull the trigger.

What's the trick on using the US rakuten? Sorry if this was mentioned before, but haven't seen that discussed previously
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2600 posts
2441 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Wow, that's amazing. Now I really want to pull the trigger.

What's the trick on using the US rakuten? Sorry if this was mentioned before, but haven't seen that discussed previously
there's no trick.. just install the chrome extension plugin.. go to dell.ca and it should pop up. make sure you have rakuten.COM account
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3012 posts
1507 upvotes
West Coast
renegadeavenger wrote: there's no trick.. just install the chrome extension plugin.. go to dell.ca and it should pop up. make sure you have rakuten.COM account
Thanks. I'll contemplate this more overnight.
Nov 30, 2019
53 posts
17 upvotes
I canceled my previous order .. Dell managed to cancel but talking to CSR to get the cancellation done was pretty rough (their TOS says cancellation isn't guaranteed; restocking fee, etc.) Really spoiled my weekend as at one point, I had 2 very expensive machines on order.

I told myself I'll wait till black friday. That is still my plan but I'm confused now if it is black friday or cyber monday. Dell had a flyer from Nov 27 to Dec 1. Can anyone comment?

Also, the Aurora has some niggles .. the base CPU for both intel and amd is pretty darn weak .. and they seriously seem to gauge for upgrades. The 3080 and 3090s are also custom Dell/Alienware .. shorter cards that don't inspire confidence. Frankly .. waiting till the new Intels are out or Dell upgrades their config to the new zen 3 chips seem to make more sense. But I am really confused.
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary
Lisameow wrote: Any good deals on monitors?
Yes.

I picked up one of the S2721Q and was equally tempted by the S2721D. Really wish their 32" 4K (U3219Q) was better quality.

You're probably familiar with their nomenclature:
1. First letter(s): E=economy, SE=somewhere between E and S in quality, S=standard, P=professional, U=ultra, UP=ultra-professional, AW=alienware (gaming)
2. First two digits: are the size in inches of monitor (i.e. diagonal length of actual display area)
3. Last two digits: indicate year of main sales, like car years they are forward looking
4. Last letter(s): is the resolution with H=FHD (1080p, 1K), D=QHD (1440p, 2K), Q=UHD (2160p, 4K), W=ultra-wide version (e.g. DW=3440x1440, UWQHD)
5. If there are letters after that, the monitor has something special about it (often in comparison to comparable/base models): S=comes with upgraded stand, C=has a USB-C port, E=has a RJ45 Ethernet jack

Edit: I added a couple of more details to the above list, but also wanted to stress that Dell sometimes doesn't follow their own convention in regards the the trailing letters. Also, the letter is there only if it's worth mentioning. For example, all P, U, and UP monitors have upgraded stands so they'll never have an S at the end. Also, USB-C is more common nowadays so it is often omitted as well on new models.
Last edited by nGord on Nov 27th, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary
Could someone please explain how to get the Unidays and 10% new account discounts?
Jan 19, 2019
55 posts
27 upvotes
Lisameow wrote: Any good deals on monitors?
There's also the 10%OFFMONITOR discount code you can use. I tried Unidays but it doesn't stack with the code.

I'll be picking up a S2721QS on Black Friday, same monitor like the guy above with an upgraded stand ($30 more before Rakuten) that allows for tilting left and right, adjusting height, and rotating the monitor (from "landscape" to "portrait").
nGord wrote: Could someone please explain how to get the Unidays and 10% new account discounts?
For the new account discount, see this quote from the Dell laptop thread. For Unidays, you need to get a code from a verified student (or be a student) to go through the Canadian Uniday website, then finding Dell.
Vdragoon wrote: Canadian email signup: https://www.dell.ca/preferences/signup/?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs

Edit: Received my 10% off code within a couple mins. Great deal.
Last edited by GoPosit on Nov 26th, 2020 3:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2600 posts
2441 upvotes
fatdad wrote: I canceled my previous order .. Dell managed to cancel but talking to CSR to get the cancellation done was pretty rough (their TOS says cancellation isn't guaranteed; restocking fee, etc.) Really spoiled my weekend as at one point, I had 2 very expensive machines on order.

I told myself I'll wait till black friday. That is still my plan but I'm confused now if it is black friday or cyber monday. Dell had a flyer from Nov 27 to Dec 1. Can anyone comment?

Also, the Aurora has some niggles .. the base CPU for both intel and amd is pretty darn weak .. and they seriously seem to gauge for upgrades. The 3080 and 3090s are also custom Dell/Alienware .. shorter cards that don't inspire confidence. Frankly .. waiting till the new Intels are out or Dell upgrades their config to the new zen 3 chips seem to make more sense. But I am really confused.
If you are looking for high end, then most likely it is not worth buying this Alienware. Dell upgrades become a rip off because they grow exponentially in value as you upgrade parts to higher tier. It was only good value for some of us because the budget build price worked out cheaper than building it yourself.

You can wait for better configurations but for sure you would be paying more for it too. Might as well build your own if you truly want to max out your machines..

There's also always going to be better and faster CPU and hardware. Will never catch up....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)