Expired Hot Deals

[Dell Refurbished] Dell Refurbished (30 & 40% off OptiPlex) + Monitors & Docks

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 9:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5300 posts
4692 upvotes

Dell Refurbished (30 & 40% off OptiPlex) + Monitors & Docks

Deal Link:
Savings:
30
Expiry:
January 12, 2018
Retailer:
Dell Refurbished
Original post: new-dfsdirect-ca-coupon-codes-1155678/58/#p28783977
Pls upvote @karembeu in the thread above if you like the deals.
karembeu wrote: We are running a desktop sale this week, including many units that are already discounted up to 25%. Sale runs through Friday, January 12th.

Dell Winter Desktop Blowout
40% off Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktops
30% off all other Dell OptiPlex desktops
use code DTWINTER at checkout

PLUS ... 30% off all Dell monitors & docks - No code required, and no other purchase, just add the monitor to the cart.

Limited quantities available. Offer ends January 12th, 2018

~ John @ DellRefurbished
I bot a 9020 hoping to get it in time to do a Win10 upgrade.
I received a refurbished E7440 in the Dec'17 sale and I'm glad I bought it. VG deal.

Update #1: Added email attachment and deal link
Update #2: Previous sale thread, https://forums.redflagdeals.com/dellref ... 7-2158307/
Update #3: Sign up for Dell Refurbished news & coupon notifications, https://www.dellrefurbished.ca/dell-coupons
Update #4;
johnsmithy wrote:
Not sure if already mentioned but Ebates has 2.5% rebate.
Update #5: Did all the Win7 updates, used Dell SupportAssist to update Bios etc. Installed Win10. Have not installed an SSD yet as I haven't had time and it boots pretty quick as it is. It's running daily for about 8-9hrs/day driving 3 monitors.
Images
  • Dell Refurbished email.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 004.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 007.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 009b.jpg
Last edited by MrMom on Jan 10th, 2018 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
87 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
19741 posts
7235 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I'm on my third monitor, first two had defects (third came today, not yet installed) so i bet the other two will be sold here, don't buy them (as if you can tell which ones i returned)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 8, 2005
2166 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: I'm on my third monitor, first two had defects (third came today, not yet installed) so i bet the other two will be sold here, don't buy them (as if you can tell which ones i returned)
which model did you buy?
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
19741 posts
7235 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Stabilo7 wrote: which model did you buy?
SE2717H Well reviewed, either very bad luck or poor quality. I really hope i don't have to go for a forth one :facepalm:
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Verified Rep
User avatar
Oct 7, 2008
1474 posts
777 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: SE2717H Well reviewed, either very bad luck or poor quality. I really hope i don't have to go for a forth one :facepalm:
Quentin, I'm sorry, you bought these monitors from Dell Refurbished? I don't believe we have ever had that model in our off lease inventory.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2017
643 posts
34 upvotes
Greetings, does any member know which "integrated" intel graphics chip is used in the Optiplex 3010. Hoping for a hackintosh candidate here. Thanks
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2015
764 posts
444 upvotes
Winnipeg
shorfd wrote: Most users probably won't notice but this could be a deal breaker for some people: Microsoft says security fixes will noticeably slow older PCs
I was planning to buy one of these desktops a bit later this year but that article caught my eye. Even though some of the desktops are a bit older, they are equipped with what was at the time quite powerful specs, e.g. 5 year old i7 CPUs. How much of a performance hit are we likely talking here?
Verified Rep
User avatar
Oct 7, 2008
1474 posts
777 upvotes
ionian wrote: Greetings, does any member know which "integrated" intel graphics chip is used in the Optiplex 3010. Hoping for a hackintosh candidate here. Thanks
ionian, the following doc has all the details on the OptiPlex 3010, but it looks like the integrated options are Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2500/4000 (3rd generation
Core i3/i5 CPUs). I looked up a few tags from the site, and they were all listed with the HD2500 Graphics, so this appears to be correct.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
19741 posts
7235 upvotes
Socially Distanced
karembeu wrote: Quentin, I'm sorry, you bought these monitors from Dell Refurbished? I don't believe we have ever had that model in our off lease inventory.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
I bought them new, i assume having had them warranty replaced they will end up being sold as refurbished (hopefully repaired first)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
803 upvotes
ionian wrote: Greetings, does any member know which "integrated" intel graphics chip is used in the Optiplex 3010. Hoping for a hackintosh candidate here. Thanks
karembeu wrote:
ionian, the following doc has all the details on the OptiPlex 3010, but it looks like the integrated options are Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2500/4000 (3rd generation
Core i3/i5 CPUs). I looked up a few tags from the site, and they were all listed with the HD2500 Graphics, so this appears to be correct.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Yes the most common variant is the HD 2500 (for 3xxx series), or HD 2000 (for 2xxx series), the HD 4000 was not as common in desktop SKUs.
56kbps wrote:
I was planning to buy one of these desktops a bit later this year but that article caught my eye. Even though some of the desktops are a bit older, they are equipped with what was at the time quite powerful specs, e.g. 5 year old i7 CPUs. How much of a performance hit are we likely talking here?
Patches are still being rolled out, while there is some performance degradation for most normal workloads it won't be the 20-30%. If you do intensive server stuff like host a VM cluster then that's where you'll see a lot more performance impact. If you're playing games or surfing the web it shouldn't be too bad, closer to like up to 5-7% possibly.

But will have to wait until all the fixes are out to get a true baseline but generally things like Gaming and stuff don't seem to be too impacted as of yet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5300 posts
4692 upvotes
I'm paying $264.15 all in with shipping. If the reported Win10 extension is correct, a 5-7% hit will be manageable. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Pls upvote @karembeu in the thread near the top if you like the deal.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2016
18 posts
7 upvotes
Aw man, I've just ordered a monitor a few days ago, I should have waited a little :)
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14363 posts
4058 upvotes
Scarberia
OptiPlex 9010 i7 is 278$ shipped... Will these handle 4k 60hz mkv files with a supporting cheap Radeon video card? Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
803 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: OptiPlex 9010 i7 is 278$ shipped... Will these handle 4k 60hz mkv files with a supporting cheap Radeon video card? Tia
If you're adding a supporting GPU there's no reason to get the i7 as it's just going to be offloaded to the GPU. However Intel graphics in the Ivy Bridge Intel Core 3xxx series can do up to 4K H264.

Haswell (Intel Core 4xxx) does have a significantly improved IGP as well in compute performance, video capability is the same up to 4K H264 though for formats.
Verified Rep
User avatar
Oct 7, 2008
1474 posts
777 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: I bought them new, i assume having had them warranty replaced they will end up being sold as refurbished (hopefully repaired first)
Quentin, our inventory is off lease refurbished, we do not get warranty return items.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2017
643 posts
34 upvotes
karembeu wrote: ionian, the following doc has all the details on the OptiPlex 3010, but it looks like the integrated options are Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2500/4000 (3rd generation
Core i3/i5 CPUs). I looked up a few tags from the site, and they were all listed with the HD2500 Graphics, so this appears to be correct.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Thank you!
Newbie
Oct 17, 2007
1 posts
Edmonton
ionian wrote: Thank you!
Ionian, Just wondering which guide you are going to follow. This will also be my first attempt on a hackintosh. I've also ordered a GTX 1050 for a better experience.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2015
75 posts
30 upvotes
Does anyone know what size the motherboard in the optiplex systems? My guess it's some weird form factor. If possible I'd like to take it out and put it in a Define R4 with another 8GB of ram.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
758 upvotes
MEANTIME wrote: Does anyone know what size the motherboard in the optiplex systems? My guess it's some weird form factor. If possible I'd like to take it out and put it in a Define R4 with another 8GB of ram.
The front panel pin out is a headache.
And if you are ordering systems that doesn't end with ##10, you will need a 24 pin to 8 pin adapter.
Also, the motherboard is ugly.
The form factor doesn't matter because most cases can accommodate. It is between the size of a ATX and mATX (bigger than a mATX, smaller than a ATX); therefore, most mini-tower case or bigger will do.

Top