Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Samsung Gear IconX (2018) - Grey ONLY - $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 12:00 pm
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes

[Dell] Samsung Gear IconX (2018) - Grey ONLY - $99.99

Pretty good deal, these have been floating around for $130 for the past couple weeks. This is the lowest they've ever been.

Don't forget 2% ebates!
Last edited by Ener123 on Mar 8th, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
65 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2446 upvotes
The general opinion is that there's really nothing different between this year's model and the 2018s, only the wireless charging I think. Bought it at $190 last year and don't regret it. The in ear detection is too sensitive sometimes tho
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
fatcowxlive wrote: The general opinion is that there's really nothing different between this year's model and the 2018s, only the wireless charging I think. Bought it at $190 last year and don't regret it. The in ear detection is too sensitive sometimes tho
Supposedly better sound, BT 5.0, and seamless connection are really the 'upgrades'. They actually cut down on the storage too so it depends on what you prefer. At $100 + tax though these were a must buy at least for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2446 upvotes
Ener123 wrote: Supposedly better sound, BT 5.0, and seamless connection are really the 'upgrades'. They actually cut down on the storage too so it depends on what you prefer. At $100 + tax though these were a must buy at least for me.
What does this mean? My buds connect when I put them in my ear and they disconnect when I shut them back in their case. Does it do something else?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
ah damn $85 at the Source with PSP but no stock :(
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
fatcowxlive wrote: What does this mean? My buds connect when I put them in my ear and they disconnect when I shut them back in their case. Does it do something else?
When you're first pairing them, all you need to do is open them up and there'll be a pop-up on your Android device to connect them. From there on I believe it's the same as you mention, they'll connect when you put them in, disconnect when you put them back in the case. Not a huge deal but it's a quick 'setup' process.
Nov 21, 2001
856 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
fatcowxlive wrote: What does this mean? My buds connect when I put them in my ear and they disconnect when I shut them back in their case. Does it do something else?
The new feature is the quick pairing. When you open the case your phone detects them and asks if you want to pair.

I purchased mine a few months ago through a Samsung pay promo for $129 no regrets at all!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
How well do these work with iOS?
Nov 11, 2013
588 posts
198 upvotes
London
Ener123 wrote: Supposedly better sound, BT 5.0, and seamless connection are really the 'upgrades'. They actually cut down on the storage too so it depends on what you prefer. At $100 + tax though these were a must buy at least for me.
are you sure its bluetooth 5.0? I dont see that anywhere
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
aylmer1981 wrote: are you sure its bluetooth 5.0? I dont see that anywhere
Other person was talking about the 2019 Galaxy Buds, those have BT 5.0. The Gear IconX are BT 4.2
Nov 11, 2013
588 posts
198 upvotes
London
i think you can wait until the inevitable $50 price drop with the galaxy buds arriving
Aug 22, 2007
235 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same issues with mine. Can't say that I'm overall super impressed with these. For $90, maybe worth it, for $190 they're absolutely not worth the hastle.

But I have the same issue where mine frequently can't reliably tell that they're in my ears. I contantly get the little sound indicating that they've been added or removed from my ear when they've been in the whole time. It's super duper frustrating. I also just had my right ear bud fail? It just won't play sound past like 10% volume.

Overall not impressed by these at all. My $12 panasoic earbuds that I got from Canada Computers sound just as good (if not better), have an inline mic and play / pause controls, and don't need to detect whether or not they're in my ear to function properly. I like the concept of wireless earbuds and the lack of cord, but I still think we're ~5 years away from decent ones.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2446 upvotes
Ener123 wrote:
When you're first pairing them, all you need to do is open them up and there'll be a pop-up on your Android device to connect them. From there on I believe it's the same as you mention, they'll connect when you put them in, disconnect when you put them back in the case. Not a huge deal but it's a quick 'setup' process.
groo wrote: The new feature is the quick pairing. When you open the case your phone detects them and asks if you want to pair.

I purchased mine a few months ago through a Samsung pay promo for $129 no regrets at all!
Damn that sounds super cool. Not a deal breaker by any means but they're getting towards that "Airpods" level of convenience.
Penguin Warlord wrote: I have the same issues with mine. Can't say that I'm overall super impressed with these. For $90, maybe worth it, for $190 they're absolutely not worth the hastle.

But I have the same issue where mine frequently can't reliably tell that they're in my ears. I contantly get the little sound indicating that they've been added or removed from my ear when they've been in the whole time. It's super duper frustrating. I also just had my right ear bud fail? It just won't play sound past like 10% volume.

Overall not impressed by these at all. My $12 panasoic earbuds that I got from Canada Computers sound just as good (if not better), have an inline mic and play / pause controls, and don't need to detect whether or not they're in my ear to function properly. I like the concept of wireless earbuds and the lack of cord, but I still think we're ~5 years away from decent ones.
ok so I'm not crazy lol. I have that in ear detection problem too. One way to solve it is to use the biggest ear wing but that causes pain after a while. Also regarding your volume issue, I had the same problem, but they come with a cleaning kit to replace the mesh, once I replaced it in my right earbud it started working like normal again.
Jul 21, 2005
283 posts
348 upvotes
Damn...i'm out of the loop. I thought this was a watch until I followed the link through.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2804 posts
2251 upvotes
GTA
Penguin Warlord wrote: I have the same issues with mine. Can't say that I'm overall super impressed with these. For $90, maybe worth it, for $190 they're absolutely not worth the hastle.

Same issue here. Right earbud is very low compared to the left one. Need to bring it in for repair.

Otherwise i think theyre relly good. Can barely tell they're in your ear and stay put.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Mar 25, 2008
542 posts
1154 upvotes
Vancouver
2% ebates as well,

So tempting.. must resist...
Jul 29, 2015
40 posts
205 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
I have those and they are amazing. I remember back in the days where mp3 players were the ish, I was thinking that if one day they make the earphones with built-in memory to put mp3 songs on the go.
They're perfect for when working out. Leave your phone in the bag and you're good to go!
Sep 29, 2018
168 posts
190 upvotes
pocq wrote: 2% ebates as well,

So tempting.. must resist...
Ah shit I forgot ebates when I was placing my order. Oh well, only 2%
Sep 16, 2010
407 posts
493 upvotes
Ontario
Bought a pair, thanks op.

I wanted to get the newer ones but for the price how could you argue?