Shopping Discussion

Dell scam...

Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
1281 posts
148 upvotes
Markham
Please update us on the issue
I just hate the fact that big company using excuses like "mistake or typo" to scam people. Charging you 15% restocking on their error is simply another way of forcing you to keep the laptop
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/beware-f ... ca-909193/
Check this out, its obvious that they are doing something similar to this person.

People are too lazy to do anything causing these company to get worse and worse~~
Feb 22, 2010
238 posts
19 upvotes
Final update.

So I sent another email to michael@dell.com and explained how I was disatisfied with the customer service. On monday, another rep called me, but he didn't really know what was going on. He said he would look up some info and match up with their server, etc and would call me back.

I got a phone call today and he said Dell will pay for all shipping and there will be no restocking fee. When I asked about discount coupon, he said Dell will give a discount coupon, although he told me the discount won't be very high. (I am assuming 5% off or sth) I am cool with it because at least it shows Dell is admitting that they were at fault here. He also said refund usually takes 2~3 weeks, but he would expediate it for this case. This rep was really nice, too. I guess it was the second rep that was a super jerk.

Anyhow, I guess I will buy from Dell again.