Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Seagate IronWolf - NAS Hard drive - 10 TB - ATL ± $281 + taxes (with eBates)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 7:26 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 23, 2007
503 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal

[Dell] Seagate IronWolf - NAS Hard drive - 10 TB - ATL ± $281 + taxes (with eBates)

Hi guys,

The IronWolf 10TB hard drive are discounted on Dell.ca at $339.99. This price is already excellent but you can add eBates (10%) and Dell Advantage (3%) to pay around ± $296+taxes per drive.

Edit: Get extra $15 off with code - $15OFF$199+ to bring down the total to around 281+taxes

I always keep an eye on those price since I'm using them in my NAS. This is the all time low.

As always, some people might downvote because you need to use eBates to get this deal, sorry about it, just trying to share a good deal.

Thank you,
Ben
Last edited by Benlehot on Dec 24th, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2013
409 posts
260 upvotes
Price looks good after all the ReBates, Dell Advantage etc... but it's a Seagate :rolleyes:
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 23, 2007
503 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
I have had much more success with this drive. It's every cool and quiet when you compare it to other 10tb drive on the market and so far, I don't had any bad ST10000VN0004 in my NAS in the last 2 years. (knock on wood).
WD price ratio is not that good and the 10TB HSGT I tried was very noisy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
1951 posts
3521 upvotes
Dealter wrote: Price looks good after all the ReBates, Dell Advantage etc... but it's a Seagate :rolleyes:
Which is a huge plus. These IronWolf's are excellent drives by all factual accounts (I'm not including "feelings", of course).

As for this sale: when you can get a BarraCuda Pro 10TB shucked for $199-$229 (not including Rakuten) this loses some of its luster, but still a decent deal if you absolutely need the warranty.
Jr. Member
Feb 6, 2019
156 posts
100 upvotes
What are the main differences between the 4TB & 10TB? 4TB has better $/TB
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1166 posts
279 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
melias2 wrote: What are the main differences between the 4TB & 10TB? 4TB has better $/TB
Depends on your purpose.. if you have a nas with limited bays (4 or less), you go for bigger drives. If you have more bays and looking to raid, you want smaller drives.
Jr. Member
Feb 6, 2019
156 posts
100 upvotes
ahhchoo wrote: Depends on your purpose.. if you have a nas with limited bays (4 or less), you go for bigger drives. If you have more bays and looking to raid, you want smaller drives.
Performance difference is negligible?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10304 posts
6667 upvotes
melias2 wrote: What are the main differences between the 4TB & 10TB? 4TB has better $/TB
...depends on the data density per given volume. Floor space can be expensive...if you're buying a lot.
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2017
116 posts
210 upvotes
Get extra $15 off with code - $15OFF$199+
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 23, 2007
503 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
oooo0000 wrote: Get extra $15 off with code - $15OFF$199+
Thank you for the code. The price is even better.
Banned
User avatar
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
958 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
I've had this drive for a while now and have a problem. It disappears from my Win 7 pc. Changing cables, SATA ports on the mobo, nothing solves the problem. It does not show in the BIOS or control panel unless I reboot, then it will disappear after a while. I was able to retrieve the 6 TB of data from it by putting it into an external case and using GetDataBack (I inadvertently quick-formatted it). It took 5 days to retrieve the data. As an external drive it works normally. After doing a full format (3 day process) it still disappears from my computer when inside the pc case.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1864 posts
694 upvotes
BC
RSole wrote: I've had this drive for a while now and have a problem. It disappears from my Win 7 pc. Changing cables, SATA ports on the mobo, nothing solves the problem. It does not show in the BIOS or control panel unless I reboot, then it will disappear after a while. I was able to retrieve the 6 TB of data from it by putting it into an external case and using GetDataBack (I inadvertently quick-formatted it). It took 5 days to retrieve the data. As an external drive it works normally. After doing a full format (3 day process) it still disappears from my computer when inside the pc case.
RMA it.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
7931 posts
1821 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Elrondolio wrote: Which is a huge plus. These IronWolf's are excellent drives by all factual accounts (I'm not including "feelings", of course).

As for this sale: when you can get a BarraCuda Pro 10TB shucked for $199-$229 (not including Rakuten) this loses some of its luster, but still a decent deal if you absolutely need the warranty.
Link?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2012
724 posts
528 upvotes
Ottawa
How do these compare with the WD Reds that are on sale?
Member
Oct 6, 2008
264 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
I usually get the 'pro' version when buying data drives for the peace of mind of a 5-year warranty. Even though I use RAID 1 or 5. Am I being too paranoid?
Member
Jan 5, 2007
240 posts
511 upvotes
North York
RSole wrote: I've had this drive for a while now and have a problem. It disappears from my Win 7 pc. Changing cables, SATA ports on the mobo, nothing solves the problem. It does not show in the BIOS or control panel unless I reboot, then it will disappear after a while. I was able to retrieve the 6 TB of data from it by putting it into an external case and using GetDataBack (I inadvertently quick-formatted it). It took 5 days to retrieve the data. As an external drive it works normally. After doing a full format (3 day process) it still disappears from my computer when inside the pc case.
If it works good in an external enclosure it should work fine in every sense. Have you bothered thinking its the mobo.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5619 posts
3556 upvotes
M-Arkham
waspinator wrote: I usually get the 'pro' version when buying data drives for the peace of mind of a 5-year warranty. Even though I use RAID 1 or 5. Am I being too paranoid?
no you're not
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
1951 posts
3521 upvotes
waspinator wrote: I usually get the 'pro' version when buying data drives for the peace of mind of a 5-year warranty. Even though I use RAID 1 or 5. Am I being too paranoid?
Outside of edge cases, most mechanical hard drives have failure rates on a bathtub curve. Their failure rates are relatively high (1-2%) in the first few weeks to months of use and if they survive that initial period are usually quite reliable until end of life where the failure rates begin to creep up again. This is usually well past the 5 year mark of most warranties (they wouldn't warranty for that long otherwise). If you run in hot or vibration heavy scenarios this becomes one of the edge cases. Buying pro drives really isn't all that necessary as long as the drive survives an initial break-in period (badblocks, etc) with a lot of heavy reads and writes. I have shucked most of my NAS drives for many years but make sure to run the paces with them before doing so. I've rarely had issues with failure rates on the vast majority of my drives.

That being said: Raid 1 or 6 (or Synology SHR2, etc) would be recommended regardless of warranty. 2 disk fault tolerance should really be minimum on a NAS thanks to rebuild issues. And, of course, a 3-2-1 backup plan in place as RAID isn't backup.

See Backblaze quarterly reports and many great articles for lots of excellent data regarding these topics.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 27, 2003
4267 posts
2661 upvotes
Edmonton
Even better deal with Rakuten's 12% rebate today!

Top