• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 10:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
422 posts
34 upvotes

Dell Shipping For Monitors

Hi Everyone,

I was curious whether anyone has ordered a monitor from Dell recently and what was the shipping time like. I just purchased a monitor yesterday (Oct. 18) and it says my ship date is a whole month later on Nov. 17. I was just wondering if anyone has ordered one with a long ship date and actually had to wait the whole month for it to ship. Thanks for the reply in advance.

JL
Last edited by JL23 on Oct 26th, 2020 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
6 replies
Jul 1, 2016
861 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
My previous order was botched so bad by Dell.ca that I am extremely hesitant to ever shop there again...

Ordered two items: Powerline adapter and USB to Ethernet adapter; ETA was 2 weeks. 1 month later; nothing was shipped; no update.

I contacted support and was informed the powerline is OOS; they offered refund and cancellation request for the powerline - OK No problem.

2-3 days later; my package arrives; with the shipment manifest in the envelope for the USB ethernet adapter. Refund nowhere to be found; and then I notice the delivery notice in my e-mail said BOTH items were shipped - WTF.

After multiple calls; each time with an 30min - 1 hour wait time just to connect; they finally issue my refund. I didn't receive the taxed portion of what I paid; and the rewards used for the transaction were not refunded. I lost about $18 OR if you look at it this way; paid an extra $18 on a $15 adapter; sad experience.

After all is said and done... I've learned my lesson that I will NEVER EVER buy multiple items at Dell.ca again. I still have all the e-mails; but it was just not worth another 30min - 1 hour wait time... what a joke.

Edit: I did reach out to support via e-mail; with all supporting e-mails; screenshots, etc... no response - that was back in May/June.
Pixelation~
Jun 19, 2015
779 posts
698 upvotes
I ordered a S2721DGF back in Sep, It said a month to ship and I had it in less than 2 weeks
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
422 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks for the reply guys, so I could potentially it in half the time but potentially be a nightmare. Good to know. Thanks!
Jan 22, 2013
177 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty peeved with Dell.

I purchased the AW2521HFL on Oct 13 - it showed it would ship out by 10/16. I logged on to view the order details on the 16th and saw "Your order has been delayed. Your order is very important to us and we intend to ship it as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

The shipping was delayed two weeks later to Oct 27. Dell has no idea why there are delays and still can't confirm when it will actually ship out to me.
Dec 18, 2017
932 posts
527 upvotes
London, On
Having ordered a few Dells over the years, they generally over estimate the shipping time knowing most of the time they will beat it. Of course, the ones you hear about are the times they blow it lol.

Also, if you are ordering a large monitor, it will likely come by a freight carrier on a skid, not courier company. Purolator Freight (which is different than Purolator Courier), is a big Dell carrier, and they should be calling ahead before attempting delivery. Although knowing how many people are at home right now, they might give it a shot the day it arrives in terminal as well.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
422 posts
34 upvotes
Looks like the processed my ordered it and it now has a Ship date of Nov. 2, so about 2 weeks. It's weird that it takes 2 weeks to ship out a monitor whereas if I were to order from say Bestbuy, they'd probably ship it out the next day.