[Dell] Sony Noise Cancelling WH-1000XM2 Headphones- $359.99 + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2017 10:02 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2007
108 posts
20 upvotes

[Dell] Sony Noise Cancelling WH-1000XM2 Headphones- $359.99 + 2% ebates

Prices for the 1000XM2 are on sale at a number of retailers @ $399 - Apply for the Dell 10% newsletter coupon (thanks mac_bug) and you can bring this down to $359.99. If you use ebates, you can save another 2% bringing the cost down to $351.82+tax

If you dont use the newsletter coupon, you can still use the code $15OFF$199+ and bring it down $15 to $384 (not stack able with the newsletter coupon)

Note that ship date for these from dell isnt until January 8th.
Last edited by g2fl on Dec 15th, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
74 replies
Jun 6, 2007
386 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver
I wonder if the source will have them back in stock / whether PSP will make it even cheaper with the sale
[OP]
Jan 21, 2007
108 posts
20 upvotes
mac_bug wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:09 pm
I wonder if the source will have them back in stock / whether PSP will make it even cheaper with the sale
I was thinking the same; however I just ordered it for now. This sale price should be in effect till the 28th, so if the source does get stock between now and then I can return these and pick them up from the source w/PSP instead.
Apr 12, 2008
571 posts
46 upvotes
Wow, great deal on these headphones. Bought at Black Friday. Definitely one of (if not the) top NC headphones!
Mar 7, 2011
281 posts
135 upvotes
just wanted to give my two cents. since i bought these headphones i have used them every single day. i cannot understate how amazing they are. everything from commuting, to use at work, use at home for various things like media, gaming, walking the dog. they are almost perfect. only thing is that sizing and comfort is a personal preference thing and they are only like 85% comfortable since they don't have adjustable tension (don't think any of them do though)....

anyways, highly recommend. cheers
Dec 26, 2010
663 posts
373 upvotes
I bought them just before BF. It's been great. Keeps my ears nice and warm. Goes well with my parka with a hood that's large enough to accommodate a helmet
Apr 12, 2008
571 posts
46 upvotes
I actually find them quite comfortable.

The only unanswered question I have about these is if I use the supplied wire and only turn on NC for music, is the Bluetooth disabled? I want to save battery and also not have my headphones constantly being broadcasted.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1556 posts
222 upvotes
What’s dell’s return policy on these? They’re on sale at amazon for $399 and I hear the return policy is good at amazon (you can return them even opened)
tunda11 wrote: just wanted to give my two cents. since i bought these headphones i have used them every single day. i cannot understate how amazing they are. everything from commuting, to use at work, use at home for various things like media, gaming, walking the dog. they are almost perfect. only thing is that sizing and comfort is a personal preference thing and they are only like 85% comfortable since they don't have adjustable tension (don't think any of them do though)....
are they heavy or uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time? I was considering the bose qc35 ii because they’re lighter and I hear more comfortable. I’ve tried the previous generation Sony’s and they’re pretty heavy.
adamm
Jun 6, 2007
386 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver
g2fl wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:11 pm
I was thinking the same; however I just ordered it for now. This sale price should be in effect till the 28th, so if the source does get stock between now and then I can return these and pick them up from the source w/PSP instead.
Sign up for Dell newsletter for a 10% off electronics code, doesn't stack with the $15 off but it brings it down to 360. Then if you have EPP with Dell through your work email, you can get an additional 5%. Brings it down to 342 before tax.

if PSP ever comes through at TheSource though, it'll be somewhere around 320...
[OP]
Jan 21, 2007
108 posts
20 upvotes
mac_bug wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 1:11 am
Sign up for Dell newsletter for a 10% off electronics code, doesn't stack with the $15 off but it brings it down to 360. Then if you have EPP with Dell through your work email, you can get an additional 5%. Brings it down to 342 before tax.

if PSP ever comes through at TheSource though, it'll be somewhere around 320...
Thanks for the heads up - Do you know how long it takes to get the 10% newsletter coupon? Subscribed last night on two different accounts but no email yet.
Last edited by g2fl on Dec 16th, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 29, 2013
653 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
tunda11 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:51 pm
just wanted to give my two cents. since i bought these headphones i have used them every single day. i cannot understate how amazing they are. everything from commuting, to use at work, use at home for various things like media, gaming, walking the dog. they are almost perfect. only thing is that sizing and comfort is a personal preference thing and they are only like 85% comfortable since they don't have adjustable tension (don't think any of them do though)....

anyways, highly recommend. cheers
Could I get your opinion on the build quality around where it bends above the earpieces, I was originally planning on getting these but got scared off from fear of them cracking
Mar 7, 2011
281 posts
135 upvotes
adamm wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 12:55 am
What’s dell’s return policy on these? They’re on sale at amazon for $399 and I hear the return policy is good at amazon (you can return them even opened)
are they heavy or uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time? I was considering the bose qc35 ii because they’re lighter and I hear more comfortable. I’ve tried the previous generation Sony’s and they’re pretty heavy.
They aren’t heavy at all. I wanted to use them to workout but they aren’t snug enough so when I move quickly they slide around and fall off. So they aren’t perfect. I have a tighter and more heavy duty pair which I use for workouts because i also wouldn’t want to damage these during a workout. The ear cups are actually extremely comfortable but when I wear them over a toque they really start to get tight and I’ll get a headache after an hour of wearing them over top. Small price to pay for superior sound and glorified ear muffs.

brensavoyton wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 12:35 pm
Could I get your opinion on the build quality around where it bends above the earpieces, I was originally planning on getting these but got scared off from fear of them cracking
To be honest that’s my fear too. I think the reason why people had those issues is because when I first got them, I would expand them when I took them off and I heard a small cracking sound. So if you just slip them off instead of actually stretching them and pulling them off I don’t think they will break. Lol I went to Best Buy and have the demo pair a really good bend to test them out and they held up well!!! I encourage you to go demo them if you’re hesitant. Once I saw them and tried them I was instantly sold. In terms of the swivel feature they have a limited swivel range, but they can still be swiveled to use one ear at a time if you want.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
6008 posts
1424 upvotes
GVR
Don't use these for workouts if you sweat during your sessions. The sweat will soak into the eadpads, and you'll have it cracking (the pads) before its time.
Jun 6, 2007
386 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver
g2fl wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 12:08 pm
Thanks for the heads up - Do you know how long it takes to get the 10% newsletter coupon? Subscribed last night on two different accounts but no email yet.
In my experience they only send the codes out once a week
Jun 6, 2007
386 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 1:18 pm
Don't use these for workouts if you sweat during your sessions. The sweat will soak into the eadpads, and you'll have it cracking (the pads) before its time.
If you want to buy workout headphones you should probably get the Jaybird x3