Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Sony Noise Cancelling WH-1000XM2 Headphones- $359.99 + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2017 10:02 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
ebates for dell at 8% now !

Edit: beat me to it lol
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
What are the chances of it going to 15 percent tomorrow :p (edit: I see this is the actual boxing day rate for ebates. It usually hits 10% every month, and occasionally, 15%)

It was actually on sale at Canada Computers last night for 299, though we probably won't see that price ever again
Jun 13, 2005
290 posts
149 upvotes
vancouver
How do these compare to the $399 Sennheiser HD1s?
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
c3apollyon wrote: How do these compare to the $399 Sennheiser HD1s?
HD1s will be more comfortable since the ear cup will be larger and cushion more generous. I think it looks better, too.

It will have inferior noise cancelling though, if you watch Hardware Canuck's review, they had a problem where the NC was unbalanced depending on which way he turned his head, so if you are buying these for airplane only, the Sonys will be much better. Sony can also allow you to turn off NC or use ambient modes etc, and you also have the touch controls (wish I could turn them off sometimes though). NC is on for HD1 all the time.

If you are looking for a more travel oriented set, consider the PXC 550 which is also on sale for $350. Has similar touch controls as the Sony, better connectivity between multiple devices and can play directly from USB. I might've considered it if some jackass didn't steal the earcups from the demo unit at BestBuy.

If you don't mind the hassle, buy both, try the Amazon ones first since they actually take back open headphones...
Aug 22, 2017
226 posts
384 upvotes
B & W PX ($383 after PSP in source + tax ) or 1000XM2 ($341.99 - ebates + tax) , main source is iPhone .. I'm hearing Sony has build quality issues , while PX lacks passive listening (won't work without battery)..
has anyone tried both , any suggestions ?
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
leoneo wrote: B & W PX ($383 after PSP in source + tax ) or 1000XM2 ($341.99 - ebates + tax) , main source is iPhone .. I'm hearing Sony has build quality issues , while PX lacks passive listening (won't work without battery)..
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
leoneo wrote: B & W PX ($383 after PSP in source + tax ) or 1000XM2 ($341.99 - ebates + tax) , main source is iPhone .. I'm hearing Sony has build quality issues , while PX lacks passive listening (won't work without battery)..
341.99 is the price already discounting ebates and not adding taxes right? unless I am missing something to reduce the price further from 399- 10% sign up coupon ?
Aug 22, 2017
226 posts
384 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: 341.99 is the price already discounting ebates and not adding taxes right? unless I am missing something to reduce the price further from 399- 10% sign up coupon ?

I got another 5% by providing work address
Jun 13, 2005
290 posts
149 upvotes
vancouver
mac_bug wrote: HD1s will be more comfortable since the ear cup will be larger and cushion more generous. I think it looks better, too.

It will have inferior noise cancelling though, if you watch Hardware Canuck's review, they had a problem where the NC was unbalanced depending on which way he turned his head, so if you are buying these for airplane only, the Sonys will be much better. Sony can also allow you to turn off NC or use ambient modes etc, and you also have the touch controls (wish I could turn them off sometimes though). NC is on for HD1 all the time.
Looking mainly to get a set for commute on subway which screeches and wails. Need NC to dull that.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
With these and the bose qc 35 or any comparable nc headphones, how long do you expect them to last? Do you think in 2 years they are likely to have problems? I have never owned over-ear headphones, and have always had to replace my earbuds every few months, except my apple ones which have lasted over a year and counting.

Im not worried about the battery not being able to hold a charge (that is inevitable) or the headphones cracking, but im honestly wondering, when buying these do you expect they would keep for 5 years or longer?
Feb 11, 2016
608 posts
498 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: With these and the bose qc 35 or any comparable nc headphones, how long do you expect them to last? Do you think in 2 years they are likely to have problems? I have never owned over-ear headphones, and have always had to replace my earbuds every few months, except my apple ones which have lasted over a year and counting.

Im not worried about the battery not being able to hold a charge (that is inevitable) or the headphones cracking, but im honestly wondering, when buying these do you expect they would keep for 5 years or longer?
The only thing that will degrade is the battery. Headphones by themselves last for a long time. Assuming that you don't abuse them, I would say 10+ years.
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
Earpads do wear out though, there are quite a few replacements for Bose ones, unfortunately none specifically for the Sony as of yet
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
g2fl wrote: So I had some time to play with it today. In a quiet environment I can hear the "distant faucet" type sound; however it is quite faint and you need to be specifically listening for it (while there is obviously no audio being played from the headphones).

In terms of quick attention mode I tried a number of times to hear any static but did not encounter any. Could there be some nearby interference? Did you try in different rooms?
Using the head connect app if I set the ambient sound control to 10 then i don't hear it, but if you slide it to 20 and down to 10 again repeatedly, it's a very audible hiss at 20 in a quiet bedroom with no other sound.

Since a number of you guys must've bought this already, do you guys hear the same thing? Would help me figure out whether I need to test out Dell's exchange policy....
Jan 3, 2017
66 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
Just applied for the dell 10% code, any chance I get it by tomorrow? Any chance anyone have an extra 10 % I can use in the meantime.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)