Expired Hot Deals

Dell

SteelSeries Arctis 7 - 2019 Edition - headset - full size - 2.4 GHz - wireless - black (CAD $159.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2021 10:55 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3510 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
I love this headset. The only issue I have with it is, it's not usb-c... but that's a small issue.

Sound is great. Comfort is perfect. Works on PC, Switch, Phones, PS4/5/6, and my Aya Neo.

Looks like the deal is dead?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1656 posts
941 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sepharite wrote: I love this headset. The only issue I have with it is, it's not usb-c... but that's a small issue.

Sound is great. Comfort is perfect. Works on PC, Switch, Phones, PS4/5/6, and my Aya Neo.

Looks like the deal is dead?
Yep, it's dead. Pretty sure there will be more deals for BF.
Jan 17, 2008
719 posts
362 upvotes
Shady67 wrote: Bought for the PS5, but after looking into it, there seems to be some compatibility issues, and you'll need to purchase their GameDAC device for decent sound. Cancelled order as a result.
Out of the box, the Arctic 7 has 3D Audio when used with the PS5.
The GAMEDAC unit is optional and while it does improve the sound quality, the 3D Audio out of the box is amazing on the Arctic 7. I've had mine for over 3 years and been using it daily. It's my headset during the day while I've been working from home for the last 18mths, and I game in the evenings. Lots of opportunity to wear this thing down but it's almost as rigid as Day 1.

https://steelseries.com/blog/playstatio ... adsets-382
May 30, 2007
28 posts
12 upvotes
Does anyone know if the battery is replaceable on the arctic 7??
Nov 30, 2013
667 posts
676 upvotes
tatung wrote: So dongle is attached to the computer. And the iphone is attached to the 3.5mm input on the headset using the lightning to 3.5mm adapter (ie. not bluetooth)? Does the iphone able to hear you thru the mic?
Yes, I was recording on Voice Memo on the iphone and I can playback my voice and whatever the music was on the computer. I was amazed that it worked. So basically, the headphone take the mic (on the Artis) input, mix with the sound from the computer, then pipe it back to the mic line to the iphone. That is pretty cool.
Jan 26, 2011
247 posts
223 upvotes
Ajax
Ausmack wrote: Yeah go 9x for Xbox
I have the 9x and while I love them, I wish they could get a bit louder
Nov 11, 2020
36 posts
47 upvotes
The new drivers SS released for this is extreme bloatware and actually broke all my sound profiles when they forced everyone to "upgrade". Their new bloatware uses a lot of memory (second highest commonly) and tries to get you to buy more stuff. Don't use it or you will have a bad time, it honestly soured my feeling towards getting any more SS products.

If you contact SS customer support they will provide you with a download link for their old driver program with auto update disabled which I suggest everyone does. Their support is not great though, I had to wait over 2 months to even get help last time I contacted them so pray your shit works.

Here's the link to rollback to the old driver software: https://engine.steelseriescdn.com/Steel ... 2Setup.exe

Hardware wise, the product is great but they clearly do not employ skilled enough software engineers because their software updates commonly break things that were working fine. Of all my peripherals, SS gives me the biggest headaches with their software.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1436 posts
382 upvotes
lesoir wrote: Yes, I was recording on Voice Memo on the iphone and I can playback my voice and whatever the music was on the computer. I was amazed that it worked. So basically, the headphone take the mic (on the Artis) input, mix with the sound from the computer, then pipe it back to the mic line to the iphone. That is pretty cool.
So even the music from the computer got piped to the Voice Memo? So if I'm discording with friends, they'll hear me and the game?
Nov 30, 2013
667 posts
676 upvotes
tatung wrote: So even the music from the computer got piped to the Voice Memo? So if I'm discording with friends, they'll hear me and the game?
Yes, that what it is appeared to do on my mac and my iphone. But again, I don't know how this will work with other configs.
Jul 5, 2017
135 posts
151 upvotes
I bought this for 135cad from Amazon during 2019 BF sales. The headset is ok, I wouldn't buy it again. Having owned it for 2yrs with about 4+hrs on my head everyday, this is my review:

Pros:
-Excellent audio for gaming, flat audio curve, very discernible stereo sound, Sounds even better with Dolby DTS plugin
-Mic is decent, not condenser quality but friends can tell it is not dollar store mic
-Love the mixer dial. Can adjust chat and game volume mix on the fly and mute friends in one flick of the dial during an intense moment in game
-The dongle has line in and out. hooked up stereo speakers to it and it will cut audio to speakers when headset is powered on and switch back when powered off.
-about 1 week of battery life with long sessions, I opened it up and it has a tiny battery but was made in Japan. Going to replace it with a bigger battery outside for more life.
-Excellent range, works from 2nd floor to basement, hear pops when I'm near a running microwave

Cons:
-Flat and poor audio for music and movies. This is probably the most unattractive audio quality I have listened to on headphones but it was probably designed to be flat for games. zero bass. you can liven it up mildly with EQ on PC but starts clipping immediately. Dynamic range is poor. SNR is poor
-the band on the headset hurts the middle of the head and needs adjustment once in a while if you don't want a headache. The earmuffs are comfortable.
-After 1.5yrs, now my volume dial has issues making cracking and popping noises and sometimes one channel turns off if I touch the volume dial (not a big deal as my mouse has volume buttons mapped and I never use the headset ones) chat mix dial still works well, but who knows when that will fail
-battery does not seem to last as much as it used to and considering it is only charged once a week, that's disappointing.
-bundled software is absolute garbage, it has no usable purpose for me other than eq which even is limited.
-If you put your PC to sleep, then turn off the headset, the headset will not work again till you unplug and replug the dongle from USB.

Overall for 135$ I'm ok with it. but next time I'll try a different brand.
Jun 28, 2021
183 posts
244 upvotes
Is the main reason these are "gaming" headphones because they use Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth (so they have lower latency)?
Jul 5, 2017
135 posts
151 upvotes
watchoutforgeese wrote: Is the main reason these are "gaming" headphones because they use Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth (so they have lower latency)?
Not wifi but proprietary RF communication which happens to be in the wifi frequency but has nothing to with it. And yes, one of the reasons they are gaming headphones is the RF for low latency among others like better dynamic range mic, chat mixer and flatter sound so explosions and low frequency audio doesn't wash out the things you are actually supposed to hear
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1715 posts
2054 upvotes
TORONTO
watchoutforgeese wrote: Is the main reason these are "gaming" headphones because they use Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth (so they have lower latency)?
wardaddy wrote: Not wifi but proprietary RF communication which happens to be in the wifi frequency but has nothing to with it. And yes, one of the reasons they are gaming headphones is the RF for low latency among others like better dynamic range mic, chat mixer and flatter sound so explosions and low frequency audio doesn't wash out the things you are actually supposed to hear
To add: bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth for quality audio out and mic in at the same time.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS